April 2020 Moms
Options

Kicks .. ?? .. !! .. :)

liligirl87liligirl87 member
edited November 2019 in April 2020 Moms
So, I've been feeling some flutters in my lower belly for the past 1-2 weeks but since its my first pregnancy I was sure I was just imagining things / gassy. This Sunday I was laying on the couch w DH and I felt a few more aggressive "kicks" and DH put his hand on my belly. When the next one hit he yelped! I think they're real guys!!! I'm 18wks+. SO FREAKING COOL!

This may have popped up in another thread already but I'm curious when April mamas are feeling movements that they for sure know are baby.

Re: Kicks .. ?? .. !! .. :)

• Options
    I'm questioning whether I'm getting movement yet. I think I am, but I can't wait till they get stronger to know for sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm questioning, too. I think I feel flutters but can't be sure. There's no pattern, anyway. I can hear her moving around when I use my doppler but I don't feel it. I'm a FTM so my ob said it can take awhile.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt some flutters around 16 weeks and was unsure if it was baby or not. The last week and a half I have definitely been feeling more pronounced pokes, and I think it's baby! Though I still can't feel anything from the outside yet. I'm 19+1, STM.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    STM. I’ve been getting flutters. I was never sure because I didn’t feel any of the early movement with DS, but I think it’s her. With DS, I didn’t feel any movement until about 20 weeks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I don't feel movement yet. I'm 17 w. I've been having some weird sudden cramps that don't feel like cramps, not sure thats just my body growing or the baby. 
  • Options
    I'm 16+1 and I definitely felt some fluttering after lunch today. It was like butterflies on speed or popcorn popping in there! So weird and cool.
  • Options
    STM here at 17+2  and I’ve been feeling flutters and movements for at least a week now. Not consistently everyday but I know it’s my little one. I didn’t feel DS until week 20
  • Options
    I wasn’t sure if I had felt it a couple weeks ago, when I thought I felt a flutter. The last couple of days I have had more noticeable flutters and pokes, but not able to feel from the outside yet. I’m 18w+5d. I felt a bunch yesterday, but not as consistently today. 
  • Options
    I felt my first flutters today! (17.5 weeks) It helps having been pregnant before. Last pregnancy didn’t feel DD “for sure” until about 20 weeks but the once I did I realized I had been feeling her for a couple weeks. 
  • Options
    I felt something 2-3 weeks ago that was very sporadic but now that they are occurring every day I’m sure it’s baby! I started feeling consistently at about 16.5 weeks. When my OB did the Doppler she found the baby right where I have been feeling him. Mostly feels like small flicks and occasionally like a rolling pin on the inside. It’s the best! 
  • Options
    I’m 19 wks and I haven’t felt any obvious kicks. A few nights ago I felt a weird tightening / rolling sensation and I thinkkk that must have been the baby. I can’t wait to feel more real movement! In my gender ultrasound last week he was moving like crazy and I was just shocked I couldn’t feel it! 
  • Options
    Pretty sure I felt a little movement at the 16 week mark when I laid down for bed, and have felt something similar maybe once or twice since. It's so strange to me that there is a little being the size of an avocado moving around in my body and I can't feel them all the time!
  • Options
    I wasn’t feeling the flutters the last few weeks, but yesterday I sat down after raking the yard and all of the sudden there were definitely wiggles happening! 

@korthouse I agree! As the size has increased the last few weeks, I have started  telling my husband that I would hope I would know if I swallowed a mango! It’s so interesting that it isn’t a constant sensation yet. 
  • Options
    I'm almost 17 weeks and I started feeling flutters at bedtime two nights ago but wasn't sure. Then again last night. Now I'm almost positive they're from the bouncing avocado. It does sort of feel like a gas bubble that doesn't move or hurt.Very exciting!
  • Options
    All of your experiences are so similar to mine!! Gas or baby? I’ve asked myself that so many times. But I’ve come to the definite realization it’s baby, especially after last night! Was laying in bed drinking a cold glass of water (apparently that gets baby kicking sometimes) and I felt sudden pokes! I called my husband upstairs and he could feel them too! Haven’t felt them like that since, but it was so exciting. I’m now at 17 weeks.
  • Options
    I’m now 20+ weeks and definitely feeling kicks! Last week it felt like rolls/ tightening but now it’s like a bubble popping! I’ve even felt it from the outside a few times! 
  • Options
    So exciting!! I'm 18+3 now and yesterday felt like someone was tickling my belly from the inside, so I'm pretty sure it was baby. I've also noticed that little "bubble popping" feeling rumbling around. I always feel it most after I eat, so obviously this is a baby after my own heart <3
  • Options
    I’ll be 20 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling baby or babies “for sure” for about a week and a half but yet to be consistent and can’t be felt from the outside.  Fun to feel but will be more at ease when I can track them to know that they are doing ok all the time!
  • Options
    For those that have felt baby kick, are you feeling them move consistently now?

I'm 20w3d and definitely feel baby but it's not consistent and sometimes have days where I don't feel her at all. Makes me a little uncomfortable and wondering if anyone else is going through this?
  • Options
    @katiemcoulter5271 That’s normal. I’ve been feeling her consistently for a couple of weeks, but she has the odd quiet spell (which is probably just her being active while I’m sleeping, since she’s not strong enough to wake me yet). I still feel uncomfortable when I don’t notice movement for a while, but what I remember from last time is that we still have a few weeks before it’s cause for concern. FWIW, my midwives also don’t encourage set kick counts. They say that moms start to notice the baby’s routine, and to only worry about a kick count if you notice no movement for a while. It can be really stressful if you sit down to do a count and baby is sleeping and doesn’t move for an hour or more!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance! I was just so excited to start feeling her that I got used to it
  • Options
    @katiemcoulter5271 I’m in the same boat. I am 21 weeks today but sometimes have days where I don’t feel them at all. My placentas are in the front which can delay feeling a lot of movements until they are stronger. Last pregnancy I did do my kick counts starting around week 27-28 but I chose to do them at the same time every day that baby was normally active. 
  • Options
    I started feeling my baby right at 17 weeks, like a little goldfish swimming around. I'm starting to notice it more now that I'm 18 weeks, little muscle spasm like feelings that catch me off guard sometimes as well as a stronger wriggling feeling than last week. Occasionally when it's quiet at work I'll feel the baby but mostly I feel the baby after 8 PM. However, at my appointment on Wednesday, the nurse practitioner was telling me that the doppler was picking up movement (probably because the baby and I had just consumed 50g of glucose 30 minutes earlier so we were both wiggly - lol) and I felt that same wiggling feeling right where she was talking about. Apparently she said that the baby was probably trying to kick the doppler! Mischievous little babe. :smile:
  • Options
    @katiemcoulter5271 I know how you feel. I'm almost at 23 weeks so I feel the kicks much stronger and multiple times a day now. But when I realize there's been a lull for a couple of hours it freaks me out, even though baby's gotta sleep sometime!
  • Options
    @sbalding88 my baby loves kicking the Doppler! Lol. We have had that almost every time my doctor has used the Doppler on me. Lol. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
     @katiemcoulter5271 same here at 20wk+2d but I just want to feel him every day all of the time <3 lol
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 lol. My 17w6d appointment was the first time they used the Doppler on me. At 9 weeks and 13 weeks, they did ultrasounds so no doppler at those appointments. As a first time mom, it was a new experience for me, but with my silly baby and a really sweet nurse practitioner, it was so much fun. She explained everything to me so I knew what I was hearing. I'm looking forward to seeing the baby again at my 20w1d appointment though. The baby has grown A LOT since 13 weeks, I'm sure, based on the kicking that I just started feeling 2 days ago. Mostly still flutters but occasionally, there is an unmistakable kick. 
  • Options
    Flutters and rolls here- but no kicks yet! 20wks on Monday, have my US and apt so I am sure they will check for placenta placement to see if that might be part of not feeling a ton.
    *TW*
    Part of one of DS conditions made it so he didn't move a lot. We all thought he was just a chill baby, so I am really anxious to have this baby move more*

My daughter was a aggressive mover. Very much on my lungs the last few months so I had a serious cough, and she kicked the crap out of my ribs. Had to have the Drs look at them and they were bruised- so that made the last month fun. I'm good if this babe falls somewhere between the two kids.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I don’t think is abnormal to not have strong kicks yet at 20 weeks. The paperwork I got from my doctor yesterday said to expect stronger kicks starting at 24 weeks. Also, the ribs. With DS, it felt like he was shoving his foot between two of my ribs and the doing the hokey pokey. It was so uncomfortable. They didn’t bruise though. Can’t imagine how hard that was. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    And the kicks to the bladder have started....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At 19+1 today and feeling some kicks finally! I had been feeling tiny flutters all week that were random and gone as fast as they arrived. I couldn’t even be sure it was the baby because they were never consistent. But today I felt a couple really strong kicks in a row and it made me so happy! It’s always such a relief when I know it’s baby moving around at this point before the anatomy scan in two weeks. 
  • Options
    I definitely had a new baby sensation last night. I've been feeling the wiggles and flutters for about a week and a half and once or twice, a tiny baby kick. But last night, I had this weird sensation, like when you are on a roller coaster and you have a big drop and your stomach kind of flip-flops - except it was below my belly button so I'm assuming that's the kiddo doing that. I'm not sure if we're doing somersaults in there now or exactly what caused that feeling. lol. It's the weirdest but most amazing thing I've ever experienced. 
  • Options
    I'm 23 weeks and I'm getting annoyed because I want to be able to tell my baby to kick me on command. I definitely feel her every day but not all day every day which worries me because I'm PGAL. She's definitely more active when I'm laying down at night or in the morning but sometimes at work and when I'm running errands I feel nothing. It stresses me out. Am I the only one who gets stressed about this?
  • Options
    @literatureandink i'm only 21wks and stress myself out about it. I am PGAL too, so that has a lot to do with why I want constant reassurance knowing baby is OK. but  at this point, it's definitely 100% normal for movements to be sporadic! <3
  • Options
    @literatureandink and @phinzlabyrinth I’m going through the same thing. Whenever I’m moving they aren’t so when I slow down and don’t feel them it worries me. I’m PGAL with twins so even when I feel little girl moving, I’m worried about little boy and vice versa.  (One is on the left other is on the right - that’s the only way I can distinguish who is moving)
  • Options
    @literatureandink @phinzlabyrinth @mandarenee898 yup, PGAL boat here  too and super anxious about feeling baby!! 20wks and only flutters here. Dr said current placement of baby and cord would make it harder, so hopefully baby moves soon!! 
    So much more anxiety I think around baby movements when you have had a loss, just the one thing that can reassure they are ok. Even though my loss was after, low movement during was a sign of his conditions, so it makes me nervous.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    I’m at 23 weeks and a half weeks. Recently I have started to see/feel little kicks from the outside! I really want him to give my husband a good kick, so he can feel him too!