April 2020 Moms

Maternity Clothes

13»

Re: Maternity Clothes

• PSA: I got some fleece lined leggings from pinkblush and they. are. amazing. So warm and cozy! Plus they come in a million colors. 

• @babybison do they stay up comfortably? or ride down?
  • Loading the player...
  • PSA:  There are a bunch of Motherhood and Destination Maternity stores closing and they're marking things down.
  • Almost 15 weeks now with baby #1 and finally sporting a little bump. Went and bought maternity pants this weekend at motherhood maternity and wish I had done it sooner! They’re so comfortable!!! They had a BOGO half off deal which was awesome! I was holding off thinking I wasn’t big enough yet and they do fall down a bit, but boy did I miss being able to wear pants instead of leggings and my old pants with an elastic through the button hole.
  • @sanpelligrino mine stay up well so far. But mine got caught on Velcro and have that pilled look like tights. Really annoying so I complained to the company. Still super cozy so I'm going to wear them anyway
  • @babybison that's a bummer! but i'm glad it's still cozy enough to wear.
  • I remembered last night that I had some rewards credit from my Banana Republic credit card, so I ordered a couple of Gap maternity tops. I'm struggling with spending a lot of money on clothes that I'll only wear a few months, when I'd rather save that money for leave and for baby things.
  • I ordered a coat extender from kokoala and and it's awesome! It also got here in the nick of time for a massive snowstorm, which i'm pretty grateful for since none of my coats could do up. I also got some epic Pajar winter boots with a little ice pick attachment for when the ice gets really bad. No laces, just a simple velcro, so I should be able to manage even with a big ol bump in March when it's still super wintery here.
  • 40% off everything on the old navy website tonight! I’m checking out what they have for maternity clothes now!
  • @babybison I got the fleece legging!  I bought them Wed night and have worn them three times already.  Super comfy.  
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited November 2019
    So.... the Old Navy full panel jeans (in my normal size that I bought 2 months ago on thred up and too late to return) TOTALLY fall down. I am pregnant with twins and though I am 20 weeks, My fundal height is 31 so this should not be happening!!  I wasn’t going to buy new ones and was going to deal with having to hike them up all the time. I finally broke out my support band and OMG forgot how much that helps the lower back - but I also learned that it KEEPS MY PANTS UP!

long story short: if your maternity pants are falling down, using a support band over them can help keep them up. 

*happy dance*
  • @mandarenee898 That’s a great idea. My Old Navy pants did the same thing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mandarenee898 (or anyone) what brand support band do you like? I don’t have one yet. 
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited December 2019
    @goodyloves I went with one called Belly Bandit Upsie Belly.  On their website you put in your current waist measurement and how far along you are to find the right size. It also comes with a pack you can either freeze or heat up to use on your lower back. It isn’t one of the lower cost ones out there but it is FSA/HSA approved. I ended up buying it from from Fsastore.com
  • @mandarenee898 thanks for the info, I’ll look into it!