nov 18 anatomy scan
    nov 21 OB apt

How are you feeling? 
    MS has died down a bit and the bloody noses have made their appearance 

Raves/Rants: 
    Not today 😂

Questions: nope

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans?
    handing out candy. We usually get 200+ kids (there is a city Halloween event 2 blocks from our house and people tend to trick or treat in our neighborhood after)
  • EDD/W+D: 
    4/14, 15+6

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green:
    Finding out, but waiting till anatomy scan to find out

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Avocado

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Appointment next week for the regular - weight, bp, urine, heartbeat, etc

How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good. I'm completely off b6 now. I've been getting nosebleeds, which is annoying

Raves/Rants: 
    Rave: DS started a new session of swim classes and I love that there's only 3 kids and they're all approaching 2.5. 2.5 is when they can go to their own class without a parent, so the instructor was excited to have all the kids at the same age to really focus on getting them ready for that class
    Rant: DS keeps taking his diaper off. I had it and just switched him to pullups today. I know some people say not to use pullups when training, but I can't take him taking off his diaper constantly!
    Questions: 
    None 

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans?
    DS trick or treated yesterday. Our city does trick or treat on weekends from 3-5. I miss how it was when I was a kid and I trick or treated on Halloween night. On Halloween, I work most of the day, but DS trick or treats at daycare

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @mandarenee898 glad that MS is getting better for you! 200 kids!!!  :o That should be a busy night of handing out candy!
    @Katheryn0903 Sending you all the best vibes for potty training. I know it can be tough but you got this! <3

EDD/W+D: 16w+1d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): pickle

Upcoming Appointments: November 5th

How are you feeling? Feeling really good and rested today.

Raves/Rants: Met with the doula I was considering hiring yesterday. I liked her a lot and I'm planning on moving forward with hiring her. It made me feel so much better already knowing I would have her assistance with birth.

Questions: none at the moment.

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans? I'm volunteering for an event at my local library for part of the evening and then will be handing out candy to the neighborhood kids for the rest. 
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD/W+D: 16w2d 4/11

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): pickle

Upcoming Appointments: Halloween for an early glucose test due to PCOS. Also, seeing my cardiologist on Wednesday. 

How are you feeling? Tired. Stress levels are high at work until Wednesday, so just pushing through. 

Raves/Rants: My mom makes me crazy. She kept DS yesterday while we got some things done around the house. Didn’t make him nap so he was a freaking nightmare when we picked him up. Then she basically laughed at me when I tried to correct some of his behavior before we left her house. I don’t know what to do, but I’m really worried about the Disney trip next month, because I feel like she doesn’t hear me at all, especially when I talk about how DS will need to have time at the hotel to nap. She thinks he can just nap in the stroller, but I know he won’t. 

Questions: no

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans? DS is having a party and trick or treat bags at school. We’ll probably go to the grandparents houses in the evening and maybe do our cul-de-sac (which is like 4 houses). DH has a trunk or treat at his school that he wants to take DS to as well. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 I may have missed this before I became active on the board, but will you share about your Disney trip?! I’ve talked my husband into going in January. It will be my first time and we’re taking our daughter who will be 2.5. 

@Kathryn0903 my d has been in swim since about 6 months old and by far my favorite class has been the first one where I got to hand her off to the teacher and not get in the cold water. It was the best! 

EDD/W+D: 4/13 16 weeks

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: team green 

Baby is the size of a(n) chipmunk with no tail 🤷🏼‍♀️

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday is my 16 week cu 

How are you feeling? I’m feeling pretty good. I’m having some light headaches but I think it’s because I need to drink more water. 

Raves/Rants: I have been very pumped to be team green until just a couple of days ago. Now all of a sudden I’m like do I really want to wait?!

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans
    Upcoming Appointments: 
    We were going to trick or treat with some friends but there’s a 90 percent chance of rain for Halloween so probably not. Our neighborhood is doing their thing on Saturday anyway. 

Me: 29 & DH: 33
    Married: May 2009
    ttc #1 since October 2015
    BFP: 3/8 - CP
  • EDD/W+D: April 14/ 16W (tomorrow)

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Upcoming Appointments: not until next Friday

How are you feeling? Good!

Raves/Rants: just had my first prenatal massage and it was AMAZING. My hips feel so much better. 

Questions: anyone else constipated? What are doing to help?

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans? it is snowing here through Wednesday 😭 will be bundling up the kids and hitting as many house as we can. As long as they have a handful, they will be good. I Anticipate a lot of leftover candy though. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @ChelleCPA we were team green for our second and it is truly worth the wait! Best surprise ever

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @coaster102516 I am constipated. Haven't tried anything yet, but am super close to trying colace or senekot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @coaster102516 I’ve had luck with prune juice for constipation. Taste is half decent over ice! 

@ChelleCPA I had the same kind of 🤷‍♀️ reaction to the chipmunk without a tail earlier this week! 

@mercury94 good luck with the work and mom-related stressors! 

@littleredm how did you go about finding a doula? Not sure I want one but also don’t know where to start! 

@Kathryn0903
    good luck with potty training!! 

@mandarenee898 wow, 200 kids! I cannot even imagine. Let us know some of the best costumes! 
  • EDD/W+D: 16w2d, April 12 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: blue! 

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a grande iced coffee! Which makes me want one (I gave up all caffeine, personal preference as I thought it’d be easier than limiting to small amt) 

Upcoming Appointments: next week regular OB (can’t wait to hear heartbeat again!); week of thanksgiving for Anatomy scan 

How are you feeling? Overall good. Tired but I think that has more to do with my 430am wake up today/Thursday than the pregnancy! 

Raves/Rants: how is it almost November?! I swear it was just August. Also - I love the new registry post on this board but totally procrastinating making one bc it seems overwhelming. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans? Nothing much! We don’t get trick or treaters in our apt building. My husband had a work trick or treat so I helped him get ready for that last week. I do enjoy seeing all the costumes on social media! 

• EDD/W+D: 4/12, 16+1

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife next week

How are you feeling? Much better than first tri, except for heartburn and constipation.

Raves/Rants: Meh. Life is a bit stressful right now. But I did get DS to settle on a Halloween costume, just in time. He's going to be a ghost and I want to make it look super spooky.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans? Nothing too exciting. Our local playgroup has a little party tomorrow and a parade in our small town on Thursday morning. I was looking forward to actually trick or treating this year but probably won't with the rain. We live out of town so don't get anyone coming to us.
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited October 2019
    @ChelleCPA It’s my first Disney trip as well. We’re going Thanksgiving week. It’s a family trip. My parents are going and my brother and his family. We booked it before I was pregnant, but I was trying so I knew this was a possibility. I’ve researched which rides I can and can’t ride. I can get you a link if you want. I’ll share all about it when I get back. 

@coaster102516 Colace works for me to help ease the constipation. My OB prescribed it last time. 

@littleredm Glad you found a doula you like and that you’re feeling good. 

@mandarenee898 200 kids is insane! We don’t really get any. Our neighborhood has a few kids, but most people go to the rich neighborhood down the street for the better candy. 

@Kathryn0903 The swim lessons sound great. I don’t understand why people are so anti-Pull Ups. I will say that my mom buys them for some reason and they don’t hold through the night. We picked DS up from her house about 10:00 the other night. She changed his diaper right before she put him to bed. He was soaked in the morning. Now we have to remember to change him when we pick him up there even if he’s still asleep when we get home. 

ETA: @mysteryship I missed your post. The little parade sounds super cute. Hope you have a blast. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mandarenee898 That's so many kids! My neighborhood growing up was like that and I loved being the one to stay hoe and give out candy. Where we are now, we're lucky to get 2 or 3 groups.

@coaster102516 I had good luck with Colace after my first was born. Feel better!

@Kathryn0903 I loved the transition to swim class without a parent. My son is a little reluctant to get dropped off sometimes, but he does love it, and it felt like such a luxury to have 20 minutes to read a book while he swam (parents aren't allowed in the pool area until 5 minutes before the end of class). 

EDD/W+D: 4/14, 16 weeks today

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Should find out this week

Upcoming Appointments: BP check on Friday, OB appointment on 11/14, US on 11/25

How are you feeling? Not bad. I'm traveling in CO and was worried about the elevation (I live at sea level and we're at 6500 ft here), but it's been fine. Still need to pay close attention to what and when I eat so the queasiness doesn't come back, but it's not bad.

Raves/Rants: Traveling for work can be stressful, but it's SO nice to have a hotel room to myself. I slept almost 10 hours the first night we were here.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans? We'll take my son trick-or-treating on Halloween. He's four and is going to be the Transformer Bumblebee. He's pretty excited. I'm really not into Halloween myself, but we got a couple of pumpkins and fake spiderweb for our front door since he's really into it.
  • EDD/W+D: 4/14, 16w

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: We have our second AS on 11/21, still waiting for a referral to my OB (we see PCP up until 20w here).

How are you feeling? Pretty good!

Raves/Rants: I've started going through DD's old clothes and I literally saved everything. 12 bins worth to be exact. I've been sorting through what can be re-purposed for baby boy, what to sell, consign, donate and give to a friend who is having a girl in January. I'm looking forward to having half of our garage back!

Questions: None

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans? Work potluck, then taking DD trick or treating at my ILs. They live in a quiet neighborhood outside of the city, where we are in a busier area.
  • @mandarenee898 glad the MS is subsiding, 200 kids will be so fun!

@Kathryn0903 We used pull-ups quite a bit with DD during potty training, especially when we were out in public and it never was an issue for us. Do what you have to do! We still use them at night.

@littleredm Yay on finding a doula! I'm sure it feels good to get someone you really like.

@mercury94 That is pretty unfair of your Mom. Have you thought about maybe talking to her before the trip? She may not agree with your parent styling, but she should respect it. When we were in Boston for 3w this summer I made it very clear with my family before we arrived that if everyone wanted to have fun with us, they had to respect DD's schedule.

@ChelleCPA I totally admire people that can stay team green!

@coaster102516 I was super constipated for a few weeks, my doctor said it was fine to take a laxative when I needed it. I took Senokot and it worked pretty good (took it before bed and would go the next day). We also have snow here for Halloween!

@gingers19 I hear you, how is it almost November? With DD I started my registry early and just added to it as I thought of things.

@mysteryship The ghost costume sounds so cute!

@aresee 10 hours of solid sleep sounds wonderful!
  • @doraleigh35 I’ve tried talking to her so many times. It fixes things that she does in front of me, but I’m basically no longer able to trust what she does when I’m not around, which is limiting her time alone with DS to times when we don’t have another option. I asked my brother what he did to get her to listen to him and he said that she doesn’t, but she only sees his kids a few times a year (he lives in a different state), so he just fixes whatever she did when she leaves. She moved to a house less than a mile from mine, so I don’t have that luxury. I’m just going to be putting more limits on when she sees him. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @gingers19 I started with a google search of doulas in my area and then I went to their website and read about them. I want to get an epidural for my birth so that ruled out a lot of doulas because many were very clearly in support of natural birth. I found one who matched what I was looking for and reached out and she sent me her doula agreement. I looked it over and then met with her in person and asked some questions and just kind of saw whether we vibed. The bump has a good article on questions you should ask your doula in an interview and I went off of that as a guideline. 
  • @mercury94 That is a tough situation if you can't trust her, I hope she is at least better while you are in Disney. I'm sorry you have to deal with this!
  • @littleredm thank you for that info! I’m glad you found a good match! 
  • @doraleigh35 It sucks. The other day when DH picked him up from my mom’s house, he had a handful of M&M’s and she pretended she had no idea how he got them. She knows we almost never give him candy.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 that is really unfair of her, at least own up to giving them to him (even though she should respect your preference on sweets).
  • Update on my trip: Made it home last night in one piece. The first flight on the smaller plane was actually fine. The longer flight had a lot of turbulence, then we had to circle the airport for 30 minutes before we could land. It was awful. In Boston, the airport is right on the water, and apparently if there's a tall ship in the approach path, the plane can't land. So we had to wait for it to move. Ugh. Thankfully my son spent the night at my mom's house, so my husband could pick me up and I could go right to bed when I got home. Glad to be on solid ground again today.
  • Happy Halloween. I just drank the overly sweet melted snow cone for my glucose test. Being judged for my blood sugar levels on the candy holiday seems a bit cruel. Thanks, PCOS for making me high risk for GD. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 Ugh, good luck! At least they're not testing your blood sugar tomorrow. :)
  • @aresee glad to hear you made it home ok! That’s frustrating about the circling, I hate that anyway so can only imagine the frustration while pregnant/uncomfortable. 

@mercury94 good luck! Then enjoy the real sweet stuff later!! 
  • @mercury94 what bad timing! I had my braces put on, on Halloween as a kid. Brutal! I hope all goes well and no GD for you.

@aresee glad you made it safe, but that is not fun!
  • @mercury94 hope your glucose went well!

so it was colder this year for Halloween than normal so we didn’t get as many kids, but still had probably 150. Cutest costume I saw was a 2 year old girl dressed up as a puppy! Lots of Harry Potter, unicorns, zombies, Marvel characters and of course winter coats over costumes (bringing back memories of my childhood!). It was about 30-35 degrees but minimal wind so I think that affected the turnout tonight. 

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween!
  • EDD/W+D: April 11/ 16w6d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: BLUE! 3rd times a charm

Baby is the size of a(n): Pickle for one more day

Upcoming Appointments: November 15th just for my monthly check up

How are you feeling? I feel pretty good except for my left leg has been numb on and off. So weird. I can't remember if I had this with either of my other boys....also on and off headaches.

Raves/Rants:  None

Questions: None

GTKY: What are your Halloween plans?  halloween where we live is crazy. We literally get almost 1000 trick or treaters from 3-5pm and then it still lingers on until about 7pm. So yesterday was a wild day and today I am exhausted even though I got a lot of sleep!