Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 10/28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Monday 10/28

• Morning all!

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 38/7

Timing: -1, O

Typical LP length: no idea

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I have a head cold and am doing the “wait, if I’m KU should I take a nasal decongestant” dance. Holding out on taking also because they only work to a point.

Beyond being stuffy, had a fun weekend with a pumpkin party we hosted Saturday and another party we attended Sunday. Trying to figure out how we can attend 3 parties in one day this upcoming Friday which may be a challenge...

CS/Q: none 
  • Loading the player...

• Month/Cycle: 13/12, 2AL

CD/DPO: 24/5

Timing: -4, -3, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 12-13

Testing: nah

R/R: had an awesome quick weekend trip to a bed and breakfast. We went grocery shopping after our indulgent weekend and I’m actually excited to cook lots of healthy stuff this week. It’s cold this morning so I’m definitely going to be making chili or something soon. 

@gingermama29 sorry for your BFN but definitely still early. Fingers crossed for you!! 

@pocketrose ugh, that « what if » game is so annoying, especially when you’re not feeling great. Hope some hot tea and extra rest are in your future! 

@bluetickgal yay for furniture shopping! Did you find some favorites? Will things take long to ship? Hope you get to dive into decorating mode soon. 
  • edited October 2019
    @gingermama29 FX that it’s still too early for you! 

@pocketrose man! This just just be the party time of year! We’ve had several lately too! I hope yours have all been good! 

@bluetickgal FX for you! Sorry you have such a long drive today! Did you find what you wanted shopping this weekend? 

@rachelredhead I’m so glad you had a good weekend! What are you cooking this week? I’m always looking for healthy ideas! 

• @photographerwife sorry about that gut punch. It’s tough to feel both joy for someone else and jealousy/sadness for ourselves. And I always end up feeling guilty about that jealousy, too. Just a big messy emotional soup. I hope you’re able to connect with your coworker in ways that feel good and, if it would help, maybe share with her about your TTC frustrations. Sometimes being honest about boundaries is helpful, especially if you’re feeling sensitive(but I know that totally depends on the relationship).
  • @photographerwife I’m making a spaghetti squash carbonara tonight that’s Whole30 compliant. We like doing Whole30 before the holidays as it’s a nice reset before all the indulgences. I have plans for pumpkin beef chili later in the week, too. I’m spending too much time on Pinterest looking at recipes. 
  • @rachelredhead yeah, I don’t know. We’re close but I’m already regretting telling others that we’re ttgp and sick of getting questions about it. We haven’t even been trying long and it just seems like those friends are waiting on their toes for an announcement every time we see them. So I’ll just smile and suffer in silence. I know it will get easier. I actually didn’t feel too bad about it until today knowing that I’m probably getting closer to the end of another cycle without success. I appreciate the advice. I will use that for people that I’m closer too if needed. 
  • @rachelredhead ooh! That sounds good! I’m interested in how the pumpkin chilli turns out! I want to try that! 
  • @photographerwife i can totally relate on the weirdness of sharing that you’re TTGP. I seem to go in spurts, sometimes I’m super honest, vulnerable, and communicate my boundaries. And sometimes I find that actually feels worse or at least too exhausting so I keep it to myself. Feels like a crapshoot depending on my mood. But I hope your coworker relationship ends up being an easy one to manage and doesn’t cause too much heartache.

This is the recipe I use, from my food blog that I quit posting on regularly. I should start posting again but for now it’s just a nice repository for my faves. https://edibleavocation.blogspot.com/2011/10/spicy-pumpkin-chili.html?m=1
  • @rachelredhead I’ll try it! It sounds good! I’m the same way. Hopefully we’ll both get a BFP soon and can get over all of these emotions. ♥️
  • @rachelredhead so glad you had a good weekend, and yay for some healthy cooking! Your carbonara & chili both sound yummy! We do well for breakfast & lunches during the week, but not so much for dinners always! We need to get better with that! Yes, we found everything we wanted (couch, loveseat, end tables, coffee table, & tv console). Unfortunately it won’t be delivered for 3 weeks...but we’ve been waiting what seems like forever to upgrade, so what’s another 3 weeks? So excited that room will finally be “complete” though! 

@photographerwife sorry for the BFN, but it could still be too early for sure! Glad you had a good weekend! So sorry for the trigger though, it stinks having the mixed emotions...unfortunately I haven’t figured out how to get past that either. Sending hugs! 💜Thanks lady!  We did find everything we wanted (couch, loveseat, end tables, coffee table, & tv console). It’ll be delivered in 3 weeks, and I‘ll most likely post a before/after pic then. I can’t wait for the after!!! ☺️
  • @pocketrose oh that dance sucks, especially when you're sick. I hope you feel better soon (and are KU to make the med avoidance worth it)

@bluetickgal your chart still looks awesome. Still crossing everything for you too!

@rachelredhead thanks. Ooooh chili sounds delicious. Glad you had such a nice weekend.

@photographerwife sorry for your BFN too. I'm also 10 dpo so hopefully we're both just testing too early. Ugh sorry for the announcement. Those ones are an extra gut punch though when they aren't even trying. Your chart looks great! FX for you too!

@inthewoods23 yay! Great to see you over here! Glad you had a great vacation! It sounds like fun!
  • @inthewoods23 I would think O was Thursday or Friday too! The negative OPK is probably throwing ff off, but your temp shift is good! Glad you had a great time! 

@bluetickgal how exciting! You’re going to have a whole new living room! Can’t wait to see! 
  • @photographerwife if I put a positive OPK on Weds I get CH on Thursday. So probably just need another few days of temps and I'll get the CH to show up again!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @gingermama29 sorry about the BFN. :(

@pocketrose ugh sorry about the cold. I just got over a head cold. They're not fun.

@bluetickgal despite the small temp drip this morning your chart is looking great! Fingers crossed.

@rachelredhead the bed and breakfast sounds like a lovely weekend. Also thanks to your post I now want chili. 

@photographerwife sorry about the BFN.

@inthewoods23 vacation O I'd always a win! Timing looks great. Fingers crossed for you this cycle.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: -2, +1

Typical LP length: 12 

Testing: BFN this morning. Probably waiting for AF at this point. 

R/R: I'm feeling pretty out this cycle considering the BFN this morning. I'm assuming I'll start spotting like normal tomorrow and then CD1 the day after. I was feeling OK about being out this cycle (not happy about it obviously but OK) but then my husband told me his business trip to NY got rescheduled. It was supposed be CD4-9. Now it will be CD9-14. I have been Oing either CD13 or 14 the past couple of cycles and he won't be home till super late on CD14. I know I could O on 14 and maybe sex will happen when he gets home. Or maybe I'll O later. But finding out the trip got changed to my projected FW just is really bumming me out. I haven't even started my next cycle yet and I already feel out for November. In the grand scheme of things I know it isn't a huge big deal. What's one cycle especially when it's only cycle 3 ya know? But on the other hand even though it doesnt suck nearly as much as what others are dealing with it still sucks haha. 

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• edited October 2019
    Month/Cycle: 9/6

CD/DPO: 18/3

Timing: -1 or 0 (based on CM and strips since I don't temp)

Typical LP length: ~12-14

Testing: Maybe Sunday (9dpo) or maybe WFAF

R/R: I am off the bench from uterus surgery, which had bad results. I was told there will be some miscarriages in my future so please forgive me if I post and ghost. It is just me managing my own expectations. That sounds glum, but I am in a lot of physical pain (uterus) and have been since my surgery 6 weeks ago and yeah, constant pain just bums me out so hard. On the plus side, two doctors said it was safe to *try* and for that I am hopeful. ❤❤

CS/: Nothing I can think of.
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Lurking... @bobbyflies2020 just wanted to send you love and hugs, my friend!! ♥️♥️♥️ I’ve missed you! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Thanks @kpearse99 💋
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @bobbyflies2020 so glad you can finally start trying again! Wishing you speedy recovery from all the pain you're in ❤️
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yay for being in the TWW!! Also, so glad you had a great vacation!! We may have to check out the TN aquarium some time! Hope the rest of your day went well! 

@gingermama29 thanks friend! 

@NamelessAria thanks lady! So sorry for the BFN and the potential for being out next cycle! Fingers crossed you still have a chance this cycle, or timing at least works out next cycle! And it does suck...no need for comparison on “suckiness“! Haha. 

@bobbyflies2020 yay for being back in the game!! So sorry you are still in pain though, I hope that gets better soon!! Sending you all the hugs & positive vibes!! 💜
  • @NamelessAria I’m sorry about the bfn. And the outlook for this cycle. Even if it hasn’t been long you’re allowed to feel whatever you do. ♥️

@bobbyflies2020 I’m sorry things are hard for you now. I hope that you have better odds than what you and the doctors are expecting soon. Sending love. 💕