Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe?

Re: Week 3 (May 17-24th) week of 10/28

• EDD/weeks+days:  May 23rd / 10+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): golden snitch

Upcoming appointments:  Oct 31st for my first appt with my actual OB

How are you feeling? Still sick and just so exhausted. But I’m feeling pretty good!

Raves/Rants:  I stopped progesterone last night and I felt like I already woke up less bloated... but then I looked in the mirror and realized it was all in my head 😂

Questions:  not now

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe?  Chili! I love making my dad’s recipe and it’s nice and spicy 😋
  • @mokay19 Lol. I love your "baby is the size of"! I love a good spicy chili although I think it would be bad for my heartburn right now.

EDD/weeks+days: 5/17 / 11+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): A lime. Apparently as tall as a lego figurine but those two sizes don't add up to me.

Upcoming appointments: 11/11

How are you feeling? The morning sickness is so rough in the afternoon right now. Still exhausted. Just waiting for some second tri relief. 

Raves/Rants: I need to figure out snacks I want to eat. I'm still so nauseous but nothing is sounding good at work. 

Questions: Not really.

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe? I usually love to roast some delicata squash with sausage but that doesn't sound good to me right now...
  • Loading the player...
  • @jrouge12 I feel like maybe they were thinking of a key lime for the height of a Lego person...? 
    I’m having the issue of “I feel sick but nothing sounds good” and “I need to eat so I don’t get sick”
    Bagels have been good for me (obviously not healthy) and yogurt with looads of granola has done well, too. I used to always snack on mixed nuts and those just sound gross now. 
  • @mokay19 chili is a huge hit in our house too, though right now any meat cooking is a trigger for me to feel ill.
    @jrouge12 snacks are a huge issue for me too, I’m not normally a big snacker but all I want is chips and other not good for me things. And dairy anything dairy sounds good. 

EDD/weeks + days: 5/21(I think I have to double check what day they are going with) 10+4 
    Team: Finding out
    Baby is a strawberry or heart of the ocean I see in a movie prop one 😂
    Upcoming appointments: had a prenatal blood draw today and first official appointment tomorrow (the ones last week were to address the IUD). 
    How are you feeling: so tired, I don’t remember having insomnia this early last time and my boobs are so sore!
    Raves/rants: DS left a banana in his backpack last week and missed it when checking his bag so that was a gross mess last night. Work is tough right now I have quite a few people with major medical issues going on so that’s extra stress trying to help them and their advocates while juggling their services. 
    Questions: none 
    GTKY: I am a sucker for hot potato salad it is my favorite. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 24 - 10+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming appointments: Nov 15

How are you feeling? bit the bullet and got bonjesta. the nausea is non stop

Raves/Rants: I have a cold, and i hate not being able to take anything! 
    Rave - i'm taking the kids to a trail of treats event tonight. thursday looks like bad weather, so i'm glad we'll get some trick or treating in in case it's a wash out on Halloween!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe? not sure. i just made pumpkin bread on saturday, so probably that! it's easy and delicious. 

@mokay i've been wanting to make chili for weeks and cant get my act together to do it!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 10W5D - due 5/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out Jan 3 (anatomy scan) 

Upcoming appointments: 11/8 - 12 week scan 

How are you feeling? I'm actually feeling great! I feel like the exhaustion is getting better - however insomnia is getting worse - I usually wake up between 12-3am and then I'm up for about 2 hours. 

Raves/Rants:
    Rave: We told our families this past weekend and it feels SO GOOD not keeping a secret anymore! My side of the family definitely had been suspecting and discussing behind my back (as I predicted - the lack of drinking clued them in). We also told DS (almost 4) and he is so excited and was excited to share his news with everyone.

Rant: we got a ton of snow yesterday/all night and I was really hoping for a snow day today, but no such luck. A lot of the other private schools were off today too, so of course all the kids are complaining about it non stop and while I have to stay on the admin's side - I'm secretly with them! 

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe?
    Idk about specific recipe..but we cook a lot of acorn squash in the fall and a lot of minestrone soup (actually cooked this yesterday and was perfect for our snow day). 
  • @mokay19 chili is on the menu tonight for us! Definitely a fall favorite! 
  • @mokay19 I should put some bagels and cream cheese at school. That doesn't sound bad. It would have helped today. I've been doing nuts but lately I can't  get through more than a couple. 

@mamaj1220 I hear you on the dairy. I'm sure I'm getting way to much right now!

@chewie5990 My school never cancels either! I love snow, so I'm a little jealous. 
  • @jrouge12 I mean I love cheese anyways but right now I want all the cheese and some is off limits which makes me want it more lol. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 18/11 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: NT scan on November 7, next OB appointment on the 11th

How are you feeling? Not bad. Last week was rough because of being super busy and not getting a night off all week, so hopefully this week will be better.

Raves/Rants: I'm really sick of our power being off. It went out on Saturday night and PG&E was supposed to restore it today, but there's supposed to be another major wind event tomorrow, so they're planning to do more shut-offs anyway.

Questions: None

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe? Everything savory and warm! We went apple picking this weekend and I can't wait to use them all in various ways.
  • @mamaqdubu fortunately, I made mine a few weeks ago before things were bad and froze it. So I don’t have to do anything but throw the chunk in the crockpot some morning!

@chewie5990 you already scheduled the anatomy scan? Dang! Look at you being proactive!
  • amylase11amylase11 member
    edited October 2019

May 17// 11w1d

team green

baby is fig sized 

12 week nt scan is next week. Need to call midwife for next appt in 2-3ish weeks

feeling...blah but maybe a bit less blah than last week?

rant: I went to do all my blood work last week and was told my dr was supposed to have given me a separate form stating that I’m covered for the harmony test. So now I have to arrange to get the form and then go get poked again. Poo. 

Fall recipes...nothing specific but I’m really into soups this time of year. 

• @mokay19 not really by choice - my OB requires patients to schedule 3 appointments in advance. So at my initial appointment I scheduled the 12W scan, 16W appt, and Anatomy scan. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 24 / 10+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberries!

Upcoming appointments: First official OB appt on 10/31 - appointment buddy, @mokay19 !

How are you feeling? I don't feel like eating, basically ever. I keep trying to eat things, and it's about 50/50 if they stay down. I've been a slug on vacation tho, which has been making it easier. Back to the real world.

Raves/Rants: Vacation has been amazing. I'm a little sad to go back to the real world, but it will also be nice to be home.

Questions: Does anybody have a good list of questions for their OB? I've been putting together a list (what percentage of twin pregnancies end up with a C-section in this practice, how long will they let me go before a scheduled C-section, etc) but I'm sure I'm missing some.

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe? I love a stuffed pumpkin. Or a good leek and potato soup. Mmmm soup season.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5/23 / 10+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry (though I think I prefer golden snitch)

Upcoming appointments: 11/25 - I had my first OB appointment on 10/25 but the phlebotomist was out so I guess I'll have to wait for blood tests (hopefully it's everything is good and it won't be a problem waiting)

How are you feeling? Actually starting to feel a lot better. Still tired, but feeling a little less nausea 

Raves/Rants: My mom has been visiting for the last couple days and it's been amazing! She's helping so much on cooking and catching up on things around the house I've been neglecting

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe? I make these chocolate chip pumpkin cookies that are soft, almost cake like, so so good
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 24th/ 10 + 3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green this time around. We were team pink with our first. I wasn't sure I would ever be team green, but my husband felt strongly about it so I'm committed.

Upcoming appointments: 10/31, tomorrow! Halloween! I've been waiting all month for this. 

How are you feeling? Ok. This pregnancy is very different from my first. Not a whole lot of symptoms, but constant mild nausea. The only aversion I have is to pumpkin spice coffee. Mild cramping has picked up this week- I'm associating with stretching Ute. I feel like I wake up to pee 6 times a night- which seems excessive and I don't remember going that often with my first. Overall, feeling good.

Raves/Rants: When you tell someone you're pregnant, and they respond with  "I figured"...I can't side eye hard enough. Like, spill, why did you figure. Choose your words carefully.

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: What’s your favorite fall recipe? I'm a foodie. But I also don't do a lot of cooking. MH takes care of dinners for our family, which I'm grateful for. I love chili, like others have stated. My dad's spaghetti is BOMB. And I know Mexican food isn't considered a fall food group, but we eat it like its going out of style, so, yeah.
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited October 2019
    @kylelee23 I could eat tacos every day, especially when pregnant!  :D
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua SAME. We had that for dinner last night, actually. We love it so much that we host a Mexican themed Thanksgiving for our family every year (the weekend before Thanksgiving) since it is difficult for all members of the family to get together on the actual day. The meal is complete with every type of taco imaginable and all the sides and fixings. I am so ready.
  • @kylelee23 someone said to me “yea, I figured... you have a bump.” And I said “that’s not a baby bump, that’s weight gain from the excessive amount of fertility meds that I had to take. But thanks.”
    They looked shocked but didn’t apologize. 🙄 people....
  • @kylelee23 I've only had one person do that and I couldn't stop myself before saying "Oh, shut up." She just likes to be a know-it-all. She gave an example ("Well, you asked me to lift something back in August") which made me roll my eyes - I wasn't pregnant then, just sore. Sorry you're getting it too, people are bizarre.
  • @mokay19 Yeah, my co-worker responded "I can tell by the way you walk, your hips are spreading. In fact, so and so and I were talking about it the other day". Insert dramatic jaw drop. I am confident my hips have not spread, at least not noticeably, yet. And two, WHY ARE YALL DISCUSSING MY HIPS AT WORK. 
    I am shocked that person didn't have the decency to apologize to you. how rude.

@louessbee- yeah, thinking back there were a ton of things I could have said in response, but I just stood there awkwardly and laughed it off. sigh.
  • @kylelee23 that’s a bold and rude statement about your hips and WHY ARE THEY WATCHING YOUR HIPS! Creeps!
  • @kylelee23 Creeeeeeepyyyy and so inappropriate.
  • @mokay19 What time is your appointment today? Fingers crossed for you!
  • @kylelee23 omg! thats so weird they said that to you/and talked about it!!