April 2020 Moms

UO - 10/24

edited October 2019 in April 2020 Moms

*Edited date because ummm I'm not a good calendar*

Re: UO - 10/24

• I think Beyonce is incredibly overrated.
  • @literatureandink I totally agree, I am not a Bey fan.

I think mayonnaise is the grossest condiment.
  • Loading the player...
  • @doraleigh35 Nope, mustard is far more offending than mayonnaise. Ketchup is the best for burgers and hot dogs, though. 

@literatureandink Along those lines, I find that most contemporary music is really pretty awful. I listen to very little that came out in the last 15 years or so. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Mmmmm hot dogs with ketchup and mustard and raw onions...
  • I am NOT a swiftie! Sorry, not sorry, I think Taylor Swift is BEYOND overrated. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Being a bridesmaid is the worst and I never want anyone to ask me ever again. (Done it 3 times.)
  • @emsned Yes! I spent soooooo much money on my stepsister's wedding last year. My brother just got engaged and I'm THRILLED, but good lord, if I have to spend that much again I'm going to lose it.
  • Also could care less about Beyonce.

Mayo is amazing & I love fries w it, mustard only belongs on hot dogs and with salty petzels for dipping (drool), ketchup is my backup condiment bitch.

The last wedding I was in, I was the matron of honor.. I easily spent a couple thousand minimum between two round trip flights, (one to surprise her for her bachelorette party at Disney plus tickets & hotel) then the wedding, plus accomodations at the bougie ass resort she picked... Annnnd I don't even talk to her anymore because she turned into a twatwaffle after. We had been friends since 4th grade. Time means nothing. Dropped her like a hot potato. 

My addition is that this whole VSCO girl thing annoys the hell out of me. It doesnt even make any sense. Dumb.
  • I was a bridesmaid once for a friend who got married in LA when I lived in Boston. It was a pretty long flight. She made the bridesmaids share a hotel room, so we weren’t allowed to bring significant others. She also wanted us to go to her reception in Dallas the next weekend, but I didn’t. It was my anniversary with my ex and another expensive flight. Plus, I had already flown to Dallas for dress shopping. She was already married (eloped the year before) and she got divorced 4 months after the wedding. I basically had no desire to be a bridesmaid after that (but I’ve done it 3 times since). I did not go to her second wedding and we only talk on Facebook now. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @liselotte77 and @mercury94 I had a very similar thing happen.  I was co maid of honor and I found out I was pregnant with my first the night before my best friend's bachelorette party.  I booked a winery tour, so we had to pay for a party bus, the tour fees for the tasting, the restaurant for dinner after, and a hotel room for the night.  The wedding was a few weeks later in Newport RI in late May, which is not cheap.  DH and I weren't married yet and he was not invited to the wedding.  I had to spend two nights there and ended up booking a cheaper hotel than where the rest of the bridal party was staying.  At this point I was around 8 weeks pregnant, nauseous and completely exhausted, and had not told anyone yet since we didn't have the first u/s yet.  I tried my hardest to suck it up and have fun all while trying to hide my nausea and not let anyone know I wasn't drinking.  I made it through the day, the wedding and reception and then when everyone went to the bar afterward I chose to go to bed.  I also opted to skip breakfast the next day since I just wanted to get home.  The next day my friend sent me a text asking if I was pregnant and I told her I was.  We hung out a couple of times after that and then we stopped talking.  She told me I wasn't "there for her".  I spent thousands of dollars, took time off of work, and spent an entire weekend in RI while feeling like crap and w/out DH for her.  I'm a little bitter.... lol  She doesn't have kids and I don't think she'll understand unless she gets pregnant.       
  • @liselotte77 I don't even UNDERSTAND what a VSCO girl is!! Like is it just someone who uses a specific app?
  • 🙋 another one for what the heck is a vsco girl? And why is everyone wearing 80's/90's scrunchies again? I just don't understand. 

Oh and Taylor swift has 4 editions of her cd at target. Are you supposed to buy all 4? Who buys CDs?!
  • @babybison I bought my husband a CD a few years ago for Christmas, because it was a live recording of a band he really loves. He opened it, said thanks, and then was like "You know we don't have a way to play this, right?"  :D
  • minibit77minibit77 member
    edited October 2019
    The whole VSCO thing is basically 90s all over again buuuuut VSCO is a photo editing app that kids use these days for lord knows what. A VSCO girl says stupid things like "sksksk" "and I oop" which dont even make any sense. They wear scrunchies ON THEIR WRISTS, have to have a hyrdo flask with a metal straw (bc turtles) and other ridiculousness...

If there is one thing that drives me nuts it is people who do the "cool/popular" thing just bc even if its dumb or dangerous (like eating tide pods 🙄) I really must be turning into a crotchety old lady bc I find it all sooooo dumb lol. 
  • I have never heard of this VSCO thing and it's blowing my mind
  • What do those jumbled letters even meannnn??? Is this what our parents felt like in the 90s (am I aging myself??)
  • @KFrob my girlfriend said it's basically us in the 90's, but with Nalgene bottles instead of Hydro flasks.
  • were we that annoying in the 90s?
  • also, those of us who are advanced maternal age are totally calling ourselves out right now lol
  • Born in the 80s here and concerned that might have been like that in the 90s, but I probably wasn’t cool enough. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @KFrob maybe? I'd like to think not, but it may have been that bad just without social media! And yes, I am pushing AMA.
  • Oh I’m definitely AMA and I don’t know what these young whippersnappers are up to these days but I don’t like it!
  • This has been so enlightening! A teacher friend of mine talked about these girls giving scrunchies away as tokens of affection...I never did that in the 90s!
  • Yea sorry, born in 80s, grew up in 90s & I never said weird phrases that made no sense lol. My friends and I made up dances and music videos to our favoite songs though.Social media has definitely made it worse with things being viral.  Apparently it's geared toward saving the turtles, but only the metal straws really affect that... So I still don't get it. Is there some secret middle-school-aged-only-memo that gets sent out to get everyone on board??