3rd Trimester

Labor preparation/inducing acupuncture

Curious to know your experience with this.

Success? No success? How far were you when you sought out the treatment?

TIA!

Re: Labor preparation/inducing acupuncture

• Curious to know your experience with this.

Success? No success? How far were you when you sought out the treatment?

TIA!
    Let nature takes its course! No reason to try an induce, unless done with a medical professional advice and guidance- baby will come when ready and no need to rush things! Unless, as mentioned guided as nd advised by doctor!
  • ^ what she said
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first I was 2 weeks past my due date before she was born. Everyone had advice on how to start labor. I didn't listen. I listened to my doctor who was happy to let my baby cook until needed. 
  • edited October 2019
    It is advised by my doctor to try and induce labor naturally before 40 weeks for medical reasons, that's why I asked. 
  • It is advised by my doctor to try and induce labor naturally before 40 weeks for medical reasons, that's why I asked. 
    That really doesn’t make any sense. If you have a real medical reason to induce early, your doctor would bring you in and induce you.
  • It is advised by my doctor to try and induce labor naturally before 40 weeks for medical reasons, that's why I asked. 
    If it were really for medical reasons, your doctor would be planning to induce you when he/she felt it was medically necessary. 

@daffodil_shoe said  ;)

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• I am trying for a vbac so my doctor will NOT medically induce me. My first son was 10 lbs at 39 weeks and this baby is measuring to be larger. So for a successful vbac she said the least risks would be if my body goes into spontaneous labor at 38/39 weeks vs going to 40 weeks and later. If I get to 40 weeks she will book me in for another csection. She advised me to try certain natural methods including acupuncture to help prepare my body for labor. She said this has sometimes been proven to help you go into labor a few days early and it is also proven to help labor progress and not stall. If you are trying for a vbac, she said we want to avoid labor stalling. I shouldn't have to explain this. If you don't agree with my question, then move along. There is no need to be rude or say "it doesn't make sense"

This was my first time ever asking a question on a community board. I am asking a question after speaking with my doctor. I was just looking for some experiences real moms may have had. 

What isn't helpful is all of the negative comments I have received. If you don't have anything helpful to say then feel free to not say anything at all. 

Not one person commented with any experience they have had with acupuncture during pregnancy for labor prep/induc. That is all I was looking for. 
  • I am trying for a vbac so my doctor will NOT medically induce me. My first son was 10 lbs at 39 weeks and this baby is measuring to be larger. So for a successful vbac she said the least risks would be if my body goes into spontaneous labor at 38/39 weeks vs going to 40 weeks and later. If I get to 40 weeks she will book me in for another csection. She advised me to try certain natural methods including acupuncture to help prepare my body for labor. She said this has sometimes been proven to help you go into labor a few days early and it is also proven to help labor progress and not stall. If you are trying for a vbac, she said we want to avoid labor stalling. I shouldn't have to explain this. If you don't agree with my question, then move along. There is no need to be rude or say "it doesn't make sense"

This was my first time ever asking a question on a community board. I am asking a question after speaking with my doctor. I was just looking for some experiences real moms may have had. 

What isn't helpful is all of the negative comments I have received. If you don't have anything helpful to say then feel free to not say anything at all. 

Not one person commented with any experience they have had with acupuncture during pregnancy for labor prep/induc. That is all I was looking for. 
    Oh Honey, I'm sorry you didnt get the responses you wanted! It's because the majority of us here feel and believe that baby will come when baby is ready and trying to induce an early labor is not appropriate, unless its deemed medically necessary for baby and/or mom......The more time they have to develop in the womb the better.  The closer to 40 weeks the better.

Sorry, but a "big baby" is not one reason to induce a labor, hence why your doctor wont do one sooner, as medically its unethical.  An ultrasound can be +/- up to 2 lbs, so yeah baby may be measuring bigger, but does not mean baby is. 

You post on a public forum like this, you will get many responses, and yes ones that do not agree with what you are looking for.  You can not dictate how people respond. 

If you are so into trying to evacuate baby sooner than ready or "prepare for labor" try what your doc said, try eating spicy food and all the "tricks" that are supposed to "induce" labor, but just remember babies come and are not fully ready until the 40ish week mark! 
  • If your doctor gave you the go ahead, then why are you asking for unqualified medical internet opinions?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

• Not one person commented with any experience they have had with acupuncture during pregnancy for labor prep/induc. That is all I was looking for. 
    maybe because we think it's bullsh*t. 

Good luck with your vbac 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• OP- You've probably had your baby already, but just in case... yes you can be medically induced for a VBAC, you just have less options than for a non-VBAC induction.  I've had 2 VBACs, one needing an induction. As other posters have said US is notoriously unreliable as a predictor of size, for 3 of my kids it was off by more than a pound. I went past 40 weeks for both of my VBACs, babies come when they are ready. Yes I did try acupuncture and did not think it made any difference. The midwife labor induction cocktail on the other had, while you have the shits, it works wonders (if your body is ready)
       don't be rude to the ladies here just because you didn't get the answers you were hoping for. and your OB should know that the longer the baby bakes the better, unless there is an urgent medical need to get the baby out.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17