Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

MC pill experience?

We found out that our baby stopped growing at 6 weeks so after thinking over the options we went with the D&C option. I went in a couple days later to discuss the procedure with the doctor and sign consent forms. 

They did another ultrasound while I was there and determined that even though I haven’t had a ton of bleeding my body was processing the MC and they didn’t think a D&C was necessary since there isn’t that much excess tissue left. 

She suggested I go with the misoprostol pill instead. She said there would be cramping and contractions. I’ve taken both doses (30 hrs since first dose) but I’m barely having any cramping and only mildly spotting.

Have any of you taken the pill? What was your experience like?

Thanks for the support and sorry we’re all in this spot.

Re: MC pill experience?

• Options
    Unfortunately just went to the doctor and they confirmed that the pill didn’t completely work for me, so I’ll still need the D&C after all. I feel like this saga has been drawn out for so long now. I really just want it to be over at this point. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this long drawn out process. On Oct 11th at my 10 week US my OB said my baby stopped growing at 7+4 and had no heartbeat. I decided to forgo a D&C (since they couldn't get me in for over a week) and decided to instead take the misoprostol before bed on the 11th. I had severe cramping, nausea (they gave me oral meds for this) and back pain beginning around 3am, and heavy bleeding throughout the day on the 12th. I've been spotting/light bleeding ever since. On the plus side, I've heard that with a D&C the post-recovery bleeding timeframe is significantly less than with the misoprostol, so there's that. FX that your D&C goes smoothly so that you can put this all behind you.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m so sorry to hear that, it’s hard enough to have to go through this. They confirmed that my pregnancy wasn’t viable at 9 weeks but it’s been 12 days for me to do the misoprostol and then the D&C, not to mention the spotting I had between weeks 8 and 9. I had the D&C today and it went well and I feel more at ease to at least have the physical part is mostly over. They did say I could have spotting up to the next 14 days.
    Best of luck to you @ttcbabyodo!