April 2020 Moms

Weekly Questions 10/20

Any questions this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Questions 10/20

• Anyone have to redo their urine culture? I got told .ine was contaminated and needs to be redone. Of course, now I'm worried.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 not sure if it's the same reason as mine, but my doctor said mine was contaminated once because I accidentally got skin cells in the sample because I touched a part I wasn't supposed to apparently. :P I have always hated peeing in a cup at the doctor's office, and now I get to do it every time I go. So fun. :/ Hope everything goes okay for you. <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I did my NIPT blood draw last week and originally it said my results would be ready Oct 24th. I logged in today just to see how it was going and it says it's not going to be ready until Oct 28th now, but it has gone to clinical review. So now Im kinda worried because doesnt that mean its at my doctors office? Im trying to stay positive!  Anyone thats done NIPT and had similar situation or any ideas on why if it processed already it would extend the date? 

• @sbalding88 I'm hoping it was just a similar issue to yours and all is good next time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @liselotte77 a lot of times that just means no one has read the results yet. Sometimes they get backlogged and can take a bit. As someone who has ALL the genetic testing and all the waiting, I wouldn't worry. Probably just means they haven't read it yet for the results. I've had a test or two where they had to wait a bit extra to read it bc the cells needed to develop further. So, don't read too much into it, but if you are nervous you could probably call your Dr and ask about the delay.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @liselotte77 My results were a week and a half late because the second genetic counselor was out that week and the one that was in the office was swamped. I finally got annoyed and called and she was like "Oh I didn't even see that your results were here!" and I got the all clear. I would recommend calling your doctor and checking on the hold up. I'm sure it's a benign reason like that.
  • Thanks ladies!! Also I realized I totally missed the entire thread about NIPT stuff. Sorry. Im a ditz these days! 
  • I have a question for all the STM+ - Halloween haunted houses? Are they ok to go to? My family and my husband and I are planning on going to one this Friday and I want to make sure it's allowed. It's a haunted 45 minute walk through the woods. No climbing or moving parts but the warning says to use your best judgment if you're old or young or have heart problems or seizures or medical conditions or if you're pregnant. Now I'm paranoid.
  • @literatureandink I feel like they probably are required to say that to cover their asses JUST IN CASE something happens, so they can't be liable. I dont see why it wouldn't be fine. I would love to go to Halloween Horror Nights but since I cant ride the rides, meh. Im not a STM mom, just my thoughts!
  • @literatureandink I would think the walk would be fine. You might ask about tripping hazards. That’s what I’d be worried about if I didn’t scare easy and they say there’s no climbing. I bet they just say that to avoid liability if a pregnant woman scares easy and falls down or had a panic attack or if someone else got scared and ran into her while trying to get out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @literatureandink yeah, Im guessing legal requirement. Like how all rollercoasters say things about it too. 
    If you panic or get short of breath or scare really badly, anything like that when scared, in a small space, etc. Then that is probably more what they are looking out for and warning, than someone who is just pregnant.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Thanks everyone! That's what I was thinking, too, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a big no-no!
  • Anyone still doing the unisom/b6 combo? When do you plan on trying to go without?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are all pregnancy pants essentially low-rise structure with some extra material sewn on top? They feel like they fit right when I put them on but then a few minutes into wearing them / sitting / walking around I can't get them to stay up! Last week I had to go buy a longer shirt at lunch just to hide how badly they were falling. Anyone know a brand that fits those of us that are more apple shaped?
  • Oops, just opened the maternity clothes thread and saw a similar question. Disregard!
  • STM(+)'s: What are you all putting in your registries? I saved EVERYTHING from DD, so, basically all I have in mine is new bedroom furniture for DD, as baby will take her crib and changing table, and a new nursing cover. Once we know the gender, we can add clothes, etc. But l honestly cannot think of anything else to add. Our registry will be just for us and the completion discount. Just looking for some inspiration! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kerriann0o114 I put a new monitor with 2 cameras. Out current one doesn’t work very well and only has one camera. I need a bed for DS so baby can have the nursery. Sheets and bedding for DS or the baby as we really only have enough for DS right now. I put the double stroller I want. Diapers and wipes. Though, I’m not really sharing my registry except maybe with the moms. I just want the welcome box and completion discount. It’s mostly just to track the stuff I want. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @kerriann0o114 I'm putting a lot of the same stuff as @mercury94.  Extra bedding, diapers, more burp clothes, nursing supplies, new bottle nipples, we're going to get a toddler bed for DD2 so I put a new mattress on there.  I went through the target check list to look for ideas.   
  • @kerriann0o114 I'm putting sheets, dresser, potty training supplies for DS, maybe another car seat to keep for when needed. For new baby I'm thinking a new structured carrier, diapers, wipes, butt cream, new sound machine, nursing/bottle feeding pillow. I really don't need much, so registry is really for the completion discount.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kerriann0o114 new bottles, warmer (threw ours out), breast pump, new BFing pillow, some sort of bouncer to replace the recalled RNP, glider board for DD for the stroller, new dual monitor, sound machine, bedding and now boy clothes.
  • @Kathryn0903 I'm still taking it. I asked my OB when to stop and she said when I've gone a whole week without any nausea. I've forgotten to take it a few times in the last week and the nausea hasn't gotten terrible, so I may start skipping it soon. I'm going on a work trip next week that I'm nervous about, so I'm going to keep it up at least through then just for peace of mind.
  • @aresee I've just started attempting to skip the b6. Still doing 1/2 a unisom at night, but may try soon to see if I can go fully without.
    BabyFruit Ticker