April 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in week of 10/14

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses).

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY- What is the last book you read?

Re: PGAL Check-in week of 10/14

• Thinking of you all today on Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day!

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 14w, 4/14, 6th pregnancy (DD is 3)

2. Previous loss(es)? 3 MCs (most recent in April)
    DS was delivered stillborn on 1/26/18 at 22+w

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically- much much better, my cold is almost gone and I am finally over the awful pregnancy fatigue. Starting to feel more like myself.

Emotionally- Oct 15th is just a sad day for me. Aside from what I've been through, it just hurts my heart that any Mama has to go through a pregnancy loss. I'll be going to our local wave of light celebration with my MIL, we went last year as well and it was really beautiful.

4. Any appointment updates? We have an early Anatomy Scan next week at 15w.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I finally took the difficult step of buying my first baby item. It was scary, but I felt like it was time to start thinking about the possibility of this little one actually coming home. It was just a pack of 2 sleepers and a hat, but it felt like a huge step forward for me!

6. Any milestones coming up? Not until next month

7. GTKY- What is the last book you read? Family Trust by Kathy Wang

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 12wks/ TTM

2. Previous loss(es)? Son at 6wks old from previously undiagnosed- rare genetic conditions

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Still tired, but otherwise ok.
    Today is hard not just because of the overall loss day, but Spencer would have been 8mos old today...so it's tough.

4. Any appointment updates? Trying to be patient for my main genetic tests. The one condition we should know in the next week or so and it is the one we really want a NO on. Otherwise having it is a total gamble on spectrum of hardly any issues, too serious.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

6. Any milestones coming up? Probably telling work on Monday bc TTM means it is hard to hide- but we were really hoping for the genetic answers 1st.

7. GTKY- What is the last book you read? Just re-read the Night Circus for like the 5th time. So good.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  11w5d, 4/30, 2DDs

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    one loss at 9 weeks

Physically feeling much better!  Nausea is pretty much gone, energy is coming back.  Emotionally doing well, anxiety is gone.

We have our NT scan and NIPT tomorrow!  A little bit nervous.

12 weeks on Thursday!

I can't remember.  It's been a long time!
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 15w1d

2. Previous loss(es)? One loss in January 2019 at 13w3d

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically I feel MUCH better than I did in early days. Emotionally some days are more anxious than others. I'm trying to just let go and enjoy every moment of this pregnancy.

4. Any appointment updates? Had an u/s last week at 14w and baby girl was measuring 14w2d and kicking up a storm. Before that, I did NIPT testing AND NT scan and both resulted in low risk (1 in 10,000) of chromosomal abnormalities.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? To loss mamas to be for whom this will be the first baby - how do you get over the doubt that you will actually get a take home baby? Every good appointment brings me momentary calm and then I still just cannot believe that this might actually happen.

6. Any milestones coming up? 13w3d loss milestone was a couple of weeks ago and I was an anxious wreck. My NP called me on that day just to check on me which was so awesome.

7. GTKY- What is the last book you read? I love historical fiction so I've been reading all of Beatriz Williams' books lately, most recently Summer Wives. It was great. I'm also a huge fan of Alice Hofmann and am waiting for her newest book to arrive!
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    14 weeks 4 days.    April 11.  2nd time mom but hopefully these two babies will be the ones to bring home. 

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    DD stillborn at 40 weeks 1 day

Sorry I’ve been pretty absent from the board in the last week or so. I’ve been spotting off and on and I’m trying not to freak out. They did have me come in last Friday for an US to check everything out and everything looked good for both babies but still having some spotting. 

Next one Oct 24

Nope

Nope

I don’t remember the name but it was written by Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl’s mom and she had interviewed other moms of famous musicians about their childhood. 
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 14w5d/April 10/FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? one loss at 10 weeks

Emotionally, pretty calm at this point. Baby has given me very little to be concerned about, all good signs. So I’m good right now. 

Physically, much closer to my normal self. Struggling with painful gas and exhaustion, but good otherwise. 

4. Any appointment updates? Had my 14/15 week check up and everything was great! Baby’s heart rate was 150-160 and was moving around a lot, making the Doppler quite noisy! But I get to see baby for the first time since 7 weeks in a month, so I’m ecstatic about that! Hooray anatomy scan! 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? One of my sweet third graders made a congratulations book for me today, and I 100% pregnant cried in the hallway reading it. It was the sweetest thing, and I kept it on my desk to remind me how awesome my kids are. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope. I feel like every day is a milestone anymore! 

7. GTKY- What is the last book you read? I don’t get in a whole lot of recreational reading during the school year, but I did finish expecting better finally! 

@literatureandink I had a gut feeling right away when I got pregnant with this one, especially before the positive. My gut is pretty on point. I knew I was going to miscarry my last baby about a week or 2 after getting the positive. My anxiety rises in between appointments, but I just remind myself that I don’t need to worry unless I see blood or have period cramping. I haven’t had any of that, so I keep calm with that. 
  • @mandarenee898 sorry you’ve been spotting and having to deal with the stress and anxiety that goes with it. If it makes you feel any better I had zero spotting with my first and with both my second and this one I had spotting on and off. @literatureandink I also had a gut feeling after my BFP with our loss that it was going to happen. It just didn’t feel right. I try to keep myself grounded knowing my guts is all positives this time. We had our NT scan and blood draw for the NIPT today. NT looked great so that’s a relief! Now to be patient and wait the 7 to 10 days for the NIPT results!
  • Thanks @KFrob that helps!  This PGAL brain is kicking my butt this week. 
  • @KFrob & @ejoseph16 that makes sense. I also had a similar feeling with my last one that things weren’t right. I also bled on and off from 8 weeks to the loss so there were definite signs. I guess sometimes it’s just hard to believe that it could finally be my time.
  • @mandarenee898 I'm sorry that you're dealing with spotting. I had spotting in this pregnancy from 5w-9w and it was pretty heavy at times. I never spotted with DD or DS so it was really scary. I hope it stops soon!
  • @mandarenee898 I'm sorry you're dealing with scary spotting. I hope it goes away soon!
  • @KFrob @doraleigh35@literatureandink Thank you! I am so glad we have this board and wish I had been involved during our trying to get pregnant and infertility days.   Hearing about others that have had these issues and have had them resolve has eased my mind. I had ZERO complications or issues my entire pregnancy with DD, until we lost her. We love these two little ones so much and just want to get to full term and be able to bring them both home, healthy and alive.  I’m glad that the dr on call last week had me come in for an ultrasound (she didn’t want to do doppler cause of the twin factor) and got to see their little movements and they both had good strong heartbeats. So, I will focus on positive thinking and rest this weekend. The spotting was gone today but since it has been on and off — I guess I’ll take it one day at a time!

Wishing all you mamas a relaxing evening!