Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 10/14

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 10/14

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days:  26w 4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n):  acorn squash

Upcoming appointments:  Wednesday I have an ultrasound and a regular appt

How are you feeling?   Heartburn is continuing to increase.   It's too early to feel like there is no room left in there! 

Raves/Rants: I am not feeling ready for Halloween.  And H, the craft one, is getting ready for a work trip!  I need him here making costumes! 

Questions: no

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?  His dark hair and eyes... Or his forearms... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @MollySm I also need to get started on Halloween costumes. Thankfully ds just wants to be a spooky ghost. Seems easy enough.

EDD/Weeks + days: 1/22 25+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: purple

Baby is the size of a(n): bag of microwaved popcorn

Upcoming appointments: Doppler’s tomorrow, ob w/glucose test on Friday 

How are you feeling? The carpal tunnel has gotten dramatically worse from some numbness. I was having pain all the way up to my elbow so I had to buy a brace. Feeling worlds better already. I’m also so hungry all the time.

Raves/Rants: Ds had a breath holding spell while walking to school on Friday. He was running with his friend and tripped and hit his nose against the sidewalk. When he got up he couldn’t clam down and thankfully Dh was in front of him to catch him
    when he passed out. It’s happened once before but it’s still terrifying to see. 

I ordered book cover prints off of Etsy for the nursery. I ordered 8x10s and bought 8x10 frames. They came in on Saturday and they definitely weren’t 8x10. I was really annoyed and went to the craft store in search of frames that would work. Thankfully the framing people were able to give me some ideas to help. I’m keeping my fingers crossed the other item I’m waiting for turns out how I’m expecting. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? Definitely his arms
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited October 2019
    @MollySm thankfully as an FTM, I get to skip Halloween this year. I am not dressing up other than wearing a pregnant Halloween hoodie with cat ears on the hood and paw prints on the belly that says "let meowt" (because I'm birthing a cat apparently according to MH's reaction to my hoodie lol. I thought it was cute!) My butt will be parked on the couch watching scary movies and eating candy. Do you do trick or treating with kids? Hope YH isn't gone too long! Sorry about the heartburn. I keep getting it too if I eat more than a few bites at a time. I no longer get to eat meals, I can only graze but I'm always hungry. 

@kbrown2385 oh no, that sounds so scary about YS! Is he ok? I'm glad YH was there to catch him. That's a bummer that your prints weren't the right size! Is it too much of a hassle to return? It sounds like your frame people have a solution but I've found custom framing to be SO expensive! I'm excited to see how you decorate the nursery though! I also have bad carpal tunnel, but only in my right arm. I'll have to try a brace. 

EDD/Weeks + days: 25wks2days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Rutabaga 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday, regular appt. Oct 28th, fetal echocardiogram 

How are you feeling? Pretty good overall, just physically uncomfortable. I feel like I have a bowling ball in my lower belly and he's only going to get bigger 😖

Raves/Rants:  went out to a nice dinner with MH this weekend which we haven't done in months! It's just so much cheaper to cook at home but we really need to go out more, it was so nice. My friend that I met on the peanut app when I first got pregnant had her baby girl 2 weeks ago and I get to visit tomorrow! So excited to snuggle a baby 😍 

Questions: any tips on counting baby kicks? It seems pretty straightforward but how do you know when something is "off"? And it says 10 kicks in 2 hours, are you supposed to feel the baby every 2 hours? I will be asking OB on Wednesday but love hearing advice from you all too.

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? Definitely his manly hands and forearms 😍

Edit: typo

Edit: more to add
  • Options
    @peppyj9 yes he’s ok! He doesn’t actually hold his breath but his body basically causes him to pass out like a reset. It’s weird but doesn’t effect him. I ended up buying bigger frames with mattes that worked for 5 out of 6 pictures. I didn’t want to deal with sending the prints back and hoping she would fix it without hassle. The framing people suggested getting custom mattes done but it was $130 for just that, not including frames I would purchase 🙄. That was a hard pass. So glad you were able to go out and have a nice dinner with yh. Enjoy meeting your friends baby! 
  • Options
    @MollySm - What costumes are you doing this year?

@kbrown2385 - Oh that must have been scary for both YS and YH! Do you think it was just from the pain/shock of falling?

@peppyj9 - That's so cool that the peanut app worked for you! Enjoy those baby snuggles. Usually for kick counts, you just do them once a day when your baby is usually active. I do it when I'm sitting at my desk in the morning or right after lunch. Most of the time I can get 10 in about 2 minutes, but my girls have always been super active. Just remember that hiccups don't count.

EDD/Weeks + days: Jan 18th / 26+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday 

How are you feeling? Great! Lots of energy, no trouble sleeping yet, not really many aches and pains to complain about. I'm finally enjoying 2nd tri!

Raves/Rants: DH is sick again. He's been working 16 hour days every day working on the addition or side projects to fund the addition since June/July. And he seems to catch every little bug that comes along because he's never rested. But I can't slow that man down 🤷
    DD has been having issues at daycare with shoving other kids and/or not listening to the teacher. We've had calls for nearly 2 weeks straight, but finally got a good day on Friday! We are trying to balance negative consequences for bad behavior, with rewarding for good behavior, so DH treated her to ice cream on the way home. We also got her a toddler alarm clock that had a red light for stay in bed, and a green light for time to wake up. She is so excited about her "doggy" clock, but still got up this morning before it was green. It's probably going to take a few more days.

Questions: not today

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His beard. It really just grows him up, and I love how soft it is.
  • Options
    @marebear15 how do you tell the difference. I feel like I've felt hiccups, more rythmic and closer together, but I'm also convinced she could be just dancing LOL.

@kbrown2385 I'm glad YS is ok! But that's scary for sure!!

@peppyj9 I should definitely check out the peanut app. I need to make mom friends like yesterday haha!

@MollySm I feel you on the heartburn front.

EDD/Weeks + days: 1/17, 26+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): kale bunch

Upcoming appointments: 10/30, 11/30

How are you feeling? More rested coming off the weekend but we shall see how long this lasts. Super constipated too. IDK what that's all about. Maybe I need to up my water intake. Also heartburn. It's light on the burn part, but my burps are gross and biley and uncomfortable. Blech.

Raves/Rants: Invites went out for the baby shower and the allergy-safe (anaphylactic to dairy over here) cupcakes from the lady that did our wedding cake are ordered! I've been tasked by DH to bring some home with me, hopefully, we don't kill the 3 dozen at the party :P I actually did all the laundry this weekend, so that's a huge win in my book, and the kitchen looks clean. All that needs to happen now is for Codsworth, my roobma, to not get stuck on anything today while vacuuming the first floor to make the first floor completely clean. I'll make Codsworth clean the upstairs tomorrow before we leave for work.

Questions: Anyone else feeling baby seeing withdraw? It's been like a month since I've seen her. :P I know I'm just being petulant but I wanna see my peanut.

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His face. Though it's fucking covered in hair right now. He's growing his beard out "for the little one" Me not so thrilled about that.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @stashattack - Yes, hiccups are just more rhythmic movements. It's usually 5-10 quick movements in one spot that are lighter than the usual kicks. Also, I usually feel them with her head, which is a larger area than a knee or a foot.
    When is your baby shower??
  • Options
    @marebear15 that's what I figured but it's good hearing that from a STM! It's november 2nd! So a bit short notice ish in terms of invitations but w/e. If my mom hadn't caused the drama fest we wouldn't be here anyway. So I don't feel bad. Also, the In-Laws besides his mom are all out of state of the shower so they wouldn't have come either way. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 that’s what the dr said is most likely why it happens. He ends up crying so hard he can’t catch his breath and that is when it happens. I try and practice deep breaths with him because of it. He slid down some of our stairs a couple of years ago and that was the first time it happened. It kind of looks like a seizure but isn’t. 
  • Options
    @MollySm I'm not ready for how quickly Halloween events are approaching either.  I normally love making my kids' costumes, but with this pregnancy and life in general I decided to "take it easy" this year.  It'll still be a handmade costume, but I'm starting with a sweatshirt and pants and adding embellishments onto them (DD is going to be a My Little Pony), but I need to get started on it!  DH is making DS's costume and he's been really gung-ho with working on it during every free moment.  I appreciate the effort he's putting in, but will be glad once he's finished and can stop making a mess of the dining table!

@peppyj9 I've never had to do formal "kick counts" with any of my pregnancies.  I've always been told that if a day passes when I hadn't felt him/her move much to have something sugary or a small cup of coffee and sit down for a few minutes to give yourself a chance to notice them.  As long as baby starts moving like normal, all is well.  But, I've also never had a high-risk or complicated pregnancy, so maybe the recommendations are different if there might be more of a reason to worry?  Or my care providers were just pretty laid back about it!  Probably best to confirm with your care providers if you're unsure.

EDD/Weeks + days: January 27/25 + 0

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): head of cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until early November.  First week of November I have a follow-up ultrasound (re-measuring baby's bladder since it measured small at my anatomy scan), my 28 week MW appointment, and the glucose tolerance test & other blood work.

How are you feeling? The sciatic nerve pain from last week is getting better, so that's been a relief!  As I'm heading towards the third trimester I'm starting to have more issues with my hips/back/round ligaments.  Need to keep up with those stretches and sitting on my exercise ball at home!

Raves/Rants: I have so much to get wrapped up at work before my maternity leave and it's starting to stress me out!  Coworkers will keep the ball rolling on anything that's an emergency while I'm out, but everything else will just pile up and be waiting for me when I return :neutral:  I'm feeling so behind already, I'm not sure how I'm ever going to get caught up once I'm back from leave.

Questions: None

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His beard and body hair (especially arms & chest).  DH can grow a great beard, which I love.  He wore a goatee when we met and has moved more towards a full beard over the last decade or so.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 26+4

Baby is the size of a(n): mockingbird? Some of these are pretty obscure 

Upcoming appointments: 10/24 GTT

How are you feeling? Excruciating back pain. I even went to a chiropractor last week, it didn't help much. I have another appt in a few days. 

Rant: I'm starting to feel like I need help getting things ready for baby (cleaning, decluttering, babyproofing, etc). My back hurts and I never got the 2nd tri energy burst or nesting instinct. I work full time, sometimes 12 hour shifts, then I just feel wiped. I think my husband should help out more, but he's busy with his classes and other activities associated with his grad school. I don't think he prioritizes baby stuff like I do. He gets butthurt if I bring it up though. Seriously, yesterday morning I asked if he could take care of dinner (I was working and he was home all day) he said no problem. When a got home he got out a bag of tortilla chips and put salsa in a bowl. That was his "dinner" 😕. For the first time, I'm getting some anxiety about whether everything will come together (mostly because I'm worried that physically I might not be able to do it all myself).

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? I love his face: his eyes, his smile, his hair, everything. Also, he's got a great ass 😍
  • Options
    @marebear15 we're getting one of those clocks soon for DD. I'm hoping it helps with moving to the big kid bed. 

@MollySm any chance you can do a streamlined costume? I'm not crafty at all, so I try to find easier options, like dressing in a similar outfit.

@kbrown2385 glad YS is okay! That had to be scary. Working on deep breathing sounds like one of the best things you could do for him. Good thing YH caught him and he didn't get hurt more. Sorry the carpel tunnel got so bad so quickly!

@peppyj9 I never had to do kick counts. My OB just wanted me to call if I noticed a difference in activity level. 

@stashattack I hate facial hair on DH. Also, growing it out for the little one is not a real reason in my book. Haha

@cats_in_a_window I think getting projects transitioned and what you come back to is one of the hardest things about maternity leave. There's just so much extra planning!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 25 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): baseball glove

Upcoming appointments: November for glucose

How are you feeling? I'm waiting on my iron supplement to show up. I finished the sample and noticed much more energy while on it. Looking forward to that again!

Raves/Rants: DH is on a trip the next few days and I'm on my own for the first time. I'm not looking forward to mornings with him gone. DD gets up around 5 with him and I sleep until 6. I'm not a morning person, so this should be interesting.

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His eyes or his butt. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 I hope yd gets used to the clock quickly. We have one for ds and it’s a daily reminder that he has to wait until it turns green. It’s great she had a good day on Friday! Fx it continues! 

@stashattack exciting your shower is almost here! Wanna send Codsworth my way when you’re done? He would get a workout here. Real question though, do you find the roomba works well on carpet? I’ve wanted to get one but wasn’t sure if they are better suited for hard flooring vs carpeting.

@noranorabobora sorry your having a tough time with Dh and getting ready for baby. I hope you can get it worked out with him so you don’t have to stress.

@cats_in_a_window glad your sciatica is getting better! 
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited October 2019
    EDD/Weeks + days: 25w1d, Jan 26

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): PlayStation Via

Upcoming appointments: 10/22

How are you feeling?  Emotionally, like crap. 

Raves/Rants:  Boys are stupid. 

Questions:  Has anyone else's partner taken to making everything your fault and then saying "You're being hormonal"  

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO?  - - Mine just drove off in a huff and I'm not really sure he's coming back... Edit... He came back, which shocked me because...it was ugly. My favorite aspect about him are his dimples. 
  • Options
    @persnickity--this is a common thing with DH. The first time it was thesis beard. Then wedding beard which I made him shave. There have been a few more that I can't remember including last year. I let him have his things with his beard but lord does it drive me bonkers. I kinda hope she grabs on to it to teach him a lesson, butttt idk if he'll keep it around long enough for that to happen.

@FyreFlyeRush i'm glad he came back. DH and I have gone through that a bunch. It's rough. Boys are dumb. But sometimes blowing off steam out of the house is the best way to calm down after an argument. Sending lots of love your way.

@kbrown2385 ours works like champ on carpet! Though ours did get stuck on something 30 minutes into it's run. Which is the frustrating part of the roomba. But I reccomend them to everyone I talk to. They are so convenient even when they get stuck. I have a cat. So I totally get the carpet concern. But it definitely gets everything that's on the carpets up. 
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited October 2019
    @kbrown2385 I've never actually passed out but when I was younger I would sometimes cry so hard I'd hyperventilate so imagine YS is experiencing something along those lines. Practicing deep breathing with him is a great exercise! And yes, I never understood why custom framing is so expensive. I still have a mat and framing project to complete for MH's constitutional documents I got him in DC because they're odd measurements and I refuse to pay what a framer wants to charge, even at Michael's with their discount it's over $100 per picture! GTFO.

@marebear15 glad you're feeling great! My 2nd tri high was short lived but I got a lot accomplished so I'm cool with it. Sorry to hear YH is wearing himself thin. MH is the same way sometimes. He gets into work mode and turns into a robot and refuses to rest. Men. 

@stashattack definitely check out the peanut app! I didn't have much luck in terms of hitting it off with multiple women, but I've made one really good friend out of it and that alone made it worth it. Your baby shower should be fun! Hope your mom behaves and keeps it about you! 😜

@cats_in_a_window I thought everyone did kick counts. My OB definitely mentioned it at my last appointment but I'll ask again on Wednesday. I'm also having bad hip pains. Pregnancy is fun! 😜

@noranorabobora awww, I'm sorry you're stressing. Do you have any friends or family that can help? I'm sure YH has his own stresses but he needs to be more helpful! Who serves their pregnant wife chips and salsa for dinner? 😠 I hope you guys work things out! He owes you,  you gave him his baby name 😉

@persnickity hope your iron shows up soon! Sorry DH is leaving you on your own, but you got this! Good luck! 😉

Edit: typo
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 we also have a roomba (named Dusty). I would say our actually works better on the carpet than the hardwood. It certainly doesn't get everything and sometimes gets stuck but man it has made the amount of cleaning we have to do go way down. The only downside is having to pick up stuff on the floor all the time since we have ours run every morning. 

@FyreFlyeRush Hugs! That sounds rough but I'm glad he came back. 

@stashattack I'm not a fan of long beards either. When DH has a short one it looks okay but sometimes he lets it go longer and it just looks disheveled because he doesn't do any maintenance so I make him shave it to stubble at least. He is okay with the arrangement. The long beard hairs go through my shirt any time he gives me a hug and I can't stand it! 

Also I get to see my baby again in a few short weeks for a 28 week ultrasound. But as much as I want to see the baby I'm terrified at the outcome since it is literally life and death for the baby if it's misdiagnosed so that makes me more nervous and less excited.

@persnickity I'm always at how much a small pill can make such a huge impact!

@noranorabobora Do you have friends who will come over an help? Offer to make it a girls day work party and have some nice snacks or something in exchange for some help getting things ready? I understand not being able to physically get things ready. I am definitely at that point and don't know what would happen if DH wasn't willing/able to help. I also empathize with grad school being hard but tortilla chips and salsa? Ordering Pizza would have been better lol. 

@peppyj9 Thanks for asking about kicks. Since I am somewhat high risk, my doc was saying to do kick counts to make sure the baby isn't in distress but I never knew when or how often to do them. My philosophy has just been to count if I haven't felt them in a while. Usually, when I sit down to notice them I feel a lot so usually I think I just freak myself out since I have been busy/on my feet. 

@MollySm I'm always impressed by people and their costumes. I am not crafty like that!

@catsinawindow maternity leave is starting to stress me out too since I am handing off a bunch of work but in the end, what doesn't get done won't be dealt with by me so that helps. 

@marebear15 Your poor DH. He has gotten sick a lot! Hoping it settles down soon!

EDD/Weeks + days: 25 + 3 days/ Jan 25th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Head of cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: Oct 28 vasa previa follow-up ultrasound. Let's hope they can really see what's going on! Nov 4th 28 week appt/glucose test

How are you feeling? Way more pelvic pain and just achy all over. I slept all weekend as I think I had a cold, but I've had nasal congestion all pregnancy so it's hard to know for sure. Feeling better/more energy today so that's at least good.

Raves/Rants: My anxiety that something is wrong or will be wrong has increased dramatically. I'm just so scared that the maternal fetal medicine doctor is wrong and that when my water breaks my baby will die because he didn't do the right tests. It's made me twitchy about every single ache and pain. Hoping we get more clear answers in the next few weeks but I don't see the anxiety going away really. I'm trying not to let it bother me but the consequences of being wrong are so terrible. At least my reg OB is concerned and doing the best she can to be diligent!  

Questions: Anyone else fall asleep at 7:30pm every night. Am I just more exhausted than I should be? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite physical attribute of your SO? His eyes and smile. He can be goofy and get a twinkle in his eyes which is so cute. He is so excited by the baby, he just looks at me and smiles these days. It's fun to see the magic!
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush sorry you and SO had a rough bout. I think we've all been there and it sucks! But he came back so that's a good thing! *hugs* ❤

@biolprof I'm so sorry you have to be so stressed about baby during pregnancy. I hope your MFM is doing everything right too! I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way for your ultrasound! But, I've been told many times an active baby is a happy baby so it sounds like yours is doing pretty good all things considered! ❤
  • Options
    @peppyj9 @biolprof @stashattack, I'm just sick and tired of having my concerns minimized to "Hormones".  He's the last of a dying breed of Old School Marine. His response is to clam up, shut down, and get defensive. Emotion = Weakness. 
  • Options
    Hmmm my response would probably not be effective on YH @FyreFlyeRush 🤣🤣🤣 which would be just be emotional all up on him 🤣🤣🙈 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush yea, that's really unfair and pretty disrespectful, actually. Do hormones cause emotions? Sure, but our brains still function and our feelings are still valid! I don't know a good solution to help him get more in touch with his feelings, because he is human, he definitely has them! But regardless, it's his responsibility to care about your concerns whether he shares them or not. If it's important to you, that's what matters. I mean, doesn't he want to take care of his woman?! He's a man, afterall *grunt, grunt*.  I hope you guys work it out soon. 
  • Options
    @biolprof - I'm sorry you are going through this.  I hope the next appt is reassuring. 

@marebear15 - They want to be chess pieces this year.  I am going to be the board (just with a board drawn on poster board).  My H will be the white bishop, and my 2 year old the white pawn.  My 7 year old the black knight, and my 5 year old the black queen.  

@peppyj9 - yep, they love trick or treating.  Even my oldest, when she was two and had no idea what candy was wanted to do it for hours.   It was so funny.  She only tried one thing, fruit gummies, and she didn't even like them.  But she loved that at every house people have her something.   We only went that young because we went with her older cousins.   Now that they know they get candy, it is a much loved holiday.  H is super crafty, so that's how we got into the habit of making family costumes.  He does most of the making. 

@FyreFlyeRush - I'm sorry you had such a shitty day.   Fights suck.  I am glad he came back. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @FyreFlyeRush That's a really hard spot to be in. I'm sorry. No one wants to have their concerns discussed because of hormones. And that's not being fair to you at all. Not everything is hormones. Are you able to have a fact based discussion on any of the issues? Can you bring up that having your opinion invalidated by him is inappropriate regardless of whether hormones/emotions are involved? 

@biolprof I'm sorry that you're getting more and more worried. I'm glad your OB is looking out for you too. Can you ask for the tests to be run anyway? I've had to demand it from some doctors.

@noranorabobora chips and salsa isn't a meal, it's an appetizer. That's a copout for dinner, at least do take out. 
  • Options
    @MollySm that's so funny about your oldest just loving people giving her stuff 🤣 your family chess board and pieces sounds so cute! YH better get back so he can get to work! 😉
  • Options
    Thanks all. Hubby made dinner tonight since he knew his chips and salsa were not well recieved yesterday. He's trying ❤
    I'd recruit my friends to help declutter, but I really need my husband to go through the stuff because it's his. One of those situations where his parents were like "oh, you have a house now? Here's all the boxes containing everything you ever owned or made from birth through adulthood." And hubby stashed the boxes in the guest room/future nursery. 😞
  • Options
    @biolprof I have my fingers crossed for you and am glad that your regular OB is advocating for you as much as they can. Leverage them as much as you can to get the answers you need. <3

It'll be back to his normal goatee in January (sooner if he gets annoyed with it, god willing) but ugh right now it's driving me nuts.

@noranorabobora I'm glad YH finally cooked an actual dinner.  And I feel you on the "parents dumping your old shit back on you" front. Both parents have been doing that and it actually caused a huge fight last Christmas between DH and his parents because like we already had to take all the presents home and it's not like the mustang has a ton of trunk space. We did a ton of decluttering last weekend. And I'm sure our recycling people just LOVE us right now with all of the crap we have in our tiny little bin LOL. But it feels sooo good to get rid of the junk we aren't using and organizing the stuff we will be or are using better.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @persnickity, Yeah. Later in the evening I told him to stop minimizing everything as hormones. He asked if I even knew when I was being irrational. My response was hormones don't create the thoughts or emotions, they just exacerbate them, making the sense of hurt or anger or rejection stronger, but it's also what makes me more lovey dovey and cuddly. Whether or not that makes sense, to him... I dont know, but he apologized. Time will tell, I guess.

Edit - we rarely fight, maybe once a month. 90% of the time, we're that couple that makes everyone else vomit from cuteness. But when we DO fight, it's usually ugly and over the same things. *shrug*
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I'm glad you guys could talk about it. For me, it's not about how often fights happen, it's about how the fight goes. Having him dismiss everything by saying I'm irrational with hormones is the part that would be bother me. At least give me a chance to voice my feelings/opinions whether you are with it or not. I'm just glad you guys could talk about it.
  • Options
    @noranorabobora it drives me nuts when we get boxes of stuff like that from either set of parents. My mom gave me boxes with what seemed like every piece of paper I'd ever brought home from school. That went straight to the trash. Haha

Is there a different room to store that in for now? 
  • Options
    @cats_in_a_window - I forget if you are seeing a chiro for your hips? Walking every day and stretching before and after helped me immensely in 3rd tri last time. 

@noranorabobora - Guys can be so weird with dinner stuff. Usually making dinner means ordering pizza for MH.

@persnickity - Good luck with the move to the big bed! DD was super excited about her "new one" and kept telling everyone about it. She loved moving into her big girl room. We did but a child lock on the door to keep her from wandering the house if she woke up at night. Now she just knocks on her door if she needs us.

@biolprof - I would be anxious too in your situation. I'm glad you are working with a supportive OB that's doing everything she can.

@mollysm - I would love to see pictures when you're done! That's such a cool idea for Halloween.
  • Options
    @marebear15 we've been doing naps in the weekends in the big kid bed the last few weeks. So far, we have to lay next to the bed until she falls asleep. She says she's excited, but has woken up scared and crying, because the room is unfamiliar. We play there every day (since August) to help. We did find out that we can't close the door. She cries hysterically and says she doesn't feel safe.
  • Options
    @marebear15 no, not seeing a chiro.  I went to a chiro for my hips when pregnant with DS and didn't find that it helped very much.  Plus, the weekly copays would make it rather expensive for us.  I'm doing yoga this pregnancy which seems to help more than the chiro did.  I feel like staying active helped when I was pregnant with DD too, need to find the time to get out there and walk!
  • Options
    @noranorabobora if it's his stuff just put it in his way and he will eventually take care of it 😂
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I have a seriously active baby today. It makes me nervous, because there is seriously a link to active in the womb active out of the womb and I already have TWO crazy active males in the house making me crazy. 

@persnickity, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he genuinely thought my feelings were solely based on my hormones. I also know it's just part and parsel of what he's seen and done in the past. Dating a combat vet, I knew going into our relationship we would have obstacles most couples don't. Not all battle scars are visible, tho he has his share of those...the crook in his straight nose makes him look dashing! But the invisible scars have a bigger impact on things like arguments in a relationship. Like I said Emotion = weakness = death. You can take the Marine out of the war...you can't take the war out of the Marine. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush don't say that. Baby girl is super active right now and her kicks are getting stronger to the point that they are startling me when I'm awake. So I can only imagine she'll be able to wake me up soon.

Also is it bad that I want her to kick my kitty to give him the shock of his life? He keeps trying to walk all over my belly and I just want her to fight back one of these days and make him jump LOL.
  • Options
    @marebear15 I was just looking at that one! I thought she might like the friendly puppy instead of just the clock face.

@stashattack @FyreFlyeRush this guy feels a lot stronger in his movements compared to DD. When he's active, he's crazy active. I really don't know if I want you to be right. Haha

@FyreFlyeRush it sounds like you do a wonderful job of assuming the best intentions/motivations behind the action, even when the words he uses don't match that. You guys both have a lot you work through in situations like this, but the good news is that it sounds like he's just as engaged in working on it as you are
  • Options
    @persnickity - I was afraid of getting that one because I read that you have to set it every night which seemed like a hassle in my mind. But now that I'm actually using it, it makes sense to turn it on every night. She gets in bed, I set the alarm, and then I remind her that the ball is red which means "stop, stay in bed." And that when it turns green that means, "Go, wake up and get up!" 
    This morning she woke up at her usual 5:30 time, asked to go potty, and then I put her back in bed and she stayed in bed until it turned green at 6:00. Looks like it's working!
  • Options
    @marebear15 that's awesome! DD gets up at 4:30-4:45am most days. Then DH goes to get her at 5:30. He wakes up when she does and then lays there until his alarm goes off. Haha