March 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/7

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/7

• Options
    @chichiphin I used newborn clothes and diapers for DS1 for a few weeks but for DS2 he maybe got a few days out of them before chunking up and growing out.  DS2 grew out of sizes almost monthly and was in 18m clothes before even turning 1.  This will be hugely dependent on how big LO is at birth, so it doesn't hurt to have a little around just in case LO starts out little and you can always get more if needed.  My favorite tiny baby clothing item is zippered footie pajamas - barely put them in regular clothes in the early days.
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Options
    @chichiphin it’s so hard to judge because it really depends on the baby! I used newborn for the first month with both my kids (even DS who was 9lb at birth). I think zippered footie pajamas are a total lifesaver and I had a few of those in newborn and then 0-3. It also changes per brand. With DS I also loved the gowns or kimono onesies with just a swaddle over for easy middle of the night diaper changes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kailanae okay that's good info. my mom said I never wore them but I was in 0-3 mo for a while because I stayed that size so long. My MIL said MH started in 0-3 mo and was only in them for a month before moving up in size! so who knows! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin yea it’s hard to say. DS was in newborn for a week and it was really so I could get pics of him in clothes that were gifts to send to people. He was busting out. But I told my friend that then she had a premie who was in newborn for a couple months 🤷🏻‍♀️

I also agree with people that zippered PJs are the best and we also liked the kimono onesies. DS’s head was so big I couldn’t get normal onesies on over it, I had to put them on from the bottom lol. As for the amount I’d say 8 outfits is prob bare minimum you’d want. I feel like I had to change DS anywhere from 2-4+ times a day because of spit up, blow outs, or peeing through his diaper.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @chichiphin DD was born 6 pounds and 10 ounces and I used newborn clothes for a LONG time. DS was born 8 pounds and 2 ounces, and I used newborn clothes for maybe two weeks, three at the most? I think it's safe to buy lots of newborn onesies/sleepers, but maybe only wash a few? You can always Amazon and order more too :smile:
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @mommyxthree2020 Lol to "that is literally how pregnancy works." I've had a few people like this in my life too, and I keep thinking, "my god, how are they going to handle me in February when I'm LEGITIMATELY huge?" Lol lol lol. You too, sister! Hahahaha.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @chichiphin someone bought me premie outfits (my shower was at 36 weeks so I was already out of the premie range by the time I was gifted it) and I was annoyed and thought I’d have to return them. DS came a little over 2 weeks early and was 7 lb 3 oz (although I had some BFing issues at the beginning so it took a while for him to gain weight) and we used the premie outfits and then newborn outfits for a while.

I’m guessing if I had figured out BFing earlier, we wouldn’t have used newborn stuff so long. I think it can’t hurt to have some newborn stuff. You never know what size your baby will be. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @chichiphin I agree with the “dress” style sleepers. So easy for new baby middle of the night changes. We will def be getting those again this time around. My biggest pet peeve was the amount of fancy dress up clothes I got for DD in newborn size. I think people forget that all a newborn does is sleep, eat, and poop so it’s best to save the fancy outfits for 6 months plus. 

DD was 7 lbs 4 oz and we used newborns for about a month. Mainly just kept her in onesies bc she was born at the end of July.  For this baby we will do lots of onesies (long and short sleeves) and a few pairs of pants. Also DD loved to be swaddled and that was another layer added so again no fancy outfits were needed. It just annoys me that people buy this stuff for a brand new baby and then expect you to send them pics of baby wearing it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @mommyxthree2020 I am dying at “you too” 😂 I seriously hate stupid pregnancy comments. My students say stupid stuff all the time but I expect it from teenagers. 

@chichiphin my DD was 8 pounds 10 oz and even she was in newborn sizes for a week or two. And although that’s a short amount of time, she was sometimes going through 3-4 outfits a day. Lol. But I think we mostly did sleepers (she was a Feb baby so footie sleepers were perfect). I don’t think we had any newborn onesies? It’s so hard to remember. I’ll probably break out my boxes of baby clothes in a few months and find I’m totally wrong about all of this, haha.

• Options
    thanks guys for all of the input!!! i appreciate it. I'll be buying some NB items for sure. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    When DS doesn’t nap, it ruins the whole day.

Not that I’m dramatic or anything  :lol:

Plus DH won’t be home until after bedtime so I am the only one that has to put up with our tiny angry baby all day. 5 hours and 10 minutes until bedtime... 

• Options
    @hmjensen Scary about your neighbors house!! @chichiphin can't believe you guys were home when broken in on, yikes!! Our neighborhood, from our experience and Next-door app, has rampant incidents of cars being rifled through if you leave it unlocked. Sounds like one of those things you wouldn't do, but you do, I also accidentally leave my keys in the front door pretty regularly :# .
    @varimama bummer about the cheese!! When I was pregnant with DD in 2015 both Blue Bell ice cream and Sabra hummus had listeria outbreak/recalls, nothing is safe!!
    @mommyxthree2020 I third or fourth the love that you said 'you too'!!
    @chichipin I def didn't use the newborn size for DD so then didn't have any for DS (8lb 3oz). He was swimming in some of his outfits the first few weeks, but like @kailanae said we stuck to footie jammies and indoors for majority of that period, so I didn't care!! But I think the amount you mentioned would not be overkill.
    @silverhope ahhh good luck with DS!!
  • Options
    @mommyxthree2020,  ugh, coworkers and the things they say.  love your comment!   
    @chichiphin, I didn't use NB size clothes for either of my kids.. DD was 7 lb 11 oz, DS was 8 lb 12 oz.  The 0-3 month size clothes were a little big on them for the first few weeks, but other than that I was glad I had all 0-3 month stuff.  In my opinion, I didn't mind if the clothes were a little big - better too big than too small was my thought process I guess, I just felt like it would have been a waste to buy clothes for only a few weeks of wearing them.

I survived a terrible 3 days in the office with an insufferable co-worker.  The boss, who couldn't make it, put me in charge of showing around our onsite visitors/doing presentations, ect...- except, my co-worker refused to obey the memo.  She thought 'she' should be in charge, and was constantly butting in and trying to take over.  it was awful, because I couldn't confront her and say 'hey, I"m supposed to be running the show here, back off' without looking like a total jerk off in front of our visitors.  so I played it cool.  the problem I have now is.. do I tell the boss or not?  I don't want to be the whiner/complainer or seem petty, but my coworker straight-up ignored the boss's wishes and trampled all over what should have been my turn to shine.  so.. I kind of want to say something, I just don't know how. 
  • Options
    @treetop19 I would definitely say something, but I guess that depends on the role you have with the supervisor. I would keep it very simple and say something like “During the visit with so and so coworker was abrasive and ignored the protocol for the situation”. I wouldn’t mention how it made you feel or anything that be interpreted as an opinion. Did the visitor notice the tension? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @treetop19 if it's any consolation, I'm 100% sure that it was obvious to your visitors that your coworker was being a douche. Can you have a conversation with this coworker before taking it to your boss?

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @miss.sally Your shopping story is exactly why I’ve been doing grocery delivery. 🤣 Since getting pregnant I’ve been trying all the delivery and pick up options in my area and once I chose a favorite I’m going to get the yearly subscription. My husband loathes grocery shopping so he fully supports this. 
  • Options
    @treetop19 if you have a good relationship with the supervisor and they appreciate your feedback, I'd stick to the facts and say something similar to @AAAG13.... but you do run the risk of looking like a nark (even tho I have done something similar when it was def necessary - no judgement from me!)
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @chichiphin Some people say they don’t need a lot of newborn size clothes but my babies were both about 7 lbs so they wore newborn for quite a while.

If you’re looking to go bare minimum I’d say you need about 6 long sleeve gowns for daytime and 6 zip up footie pajamas for nighttime. I don’t see a use for short sleeve in March unless you’re putting them under pajamas. If you don’t want to do frequent laundry, get more. 

Then depending on personal preference you could add actual outfits if you like to dress your baby up for fun. 
  • Options
    @treetop19 I would def say something just in case one of the visitors happened to be put off by her and if it came back that X didn’t enjoy the tour bc the leader was saying inappropriate things, my supervisor would assume that was me when it was really my douchey coworker.

Since you already have a poor/no relationship with your coworker, who cares if you narc? She can’t make things worse for you since she already sounds like she sucks.

I would def bring it up just simply bc I don’t wanna be blamed if ppl say I was rude to visitors when it was really my moron coworker.

• Options
    @treetop19 also to try to think of wording that is professional and not petty, I’d maybe say, “Hey, just wanted to let you know that X jumped in on some tours. I didn’t want to make things awkward for our guests so I rolled with it, but I wanted to let you know in case there was any feedback of off topic, non-work related discussions during the tours.” Or whatever it was she did to mess up the guests’ experiences. 

• Options
    @chichiphin Aw yay! <3

@momoftoddlers I loled at "I don’t see a use for short sleeve in March" bc I live in Louisiana and I... don't see a use for too much long-sleeve wear in March haha. I'll probably get a bit of both but--our high avg temps are 68-75 degrees for the month & in the 80s by April. I dress with lots of layers in our spring/fall times.

SPEAKING OF TEMPS, it was 55 degrees last night and it's in the high 60s now with a high only in the 70s and we are REJOICING bc we haven't seen a hint of any weather like this since.... May. 
  • Options
    We are going to see Abominable today and I think I’m more excited to eat popcorn than anything. 

Also my toddler has been asleep for two and two and a half hours! He usually naps an hour, maybe slightly more. It’s glorious. He woke up at 1:45am screaming, I’m guessing he had a nightmare. So he wouldn’t let me leave his side the rest of the night. I ended up sitting/laying on his floor. It was horrible and my whole body hurt and of course I’m not allowed caffeine! Bahh! But this nap was much needed and I’m thankful to the toddler gods who allowed it. 
  • Options
    @treetop19 No advice, but I hope your coworker chills the eff out and let's you do your job in the future! 

@miss.sally how was the movie and the popcorn? 

@kantobean your date with DD sounds so cute! I'm worried about how emotional I'm going to be closer to March about my DD not being an only child anymore.  :'(

As for me, in an epic bout of pregnancy brain, I left a family event early to get to a baby shower that I thought started at noon, but in fact started at 3! I got there at about 1:30 thinking I was late but I was so early. The hostess was super frazzled when I arrived so I ended up helping her prep all the food. All I could think of was "I could have been napping." I'm a hardcore introvert and only new the guest of honor and her step daughter, so I was pretty miserable. I ended up sitting in the corner with the step daughter making snarky teen commentary about the whole thing which made me feel kind of guilty and very juvenile until they brought out candy bars melted in diapers and then all bets were off. I didn't think people still did that. 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 so what game is even played with the fake poop diapers? I’m glad you at least had your friend’s step daughter.

• Options
    The movie was cute! The popcorn was great also. Lol. 

@keeksie84 I cannot believe people still play that game. I thought that was a huge no-no. 🤢
  • Options
    @keeksie84 @silverhope @miss.sally We played it.... 6? years ago at my cousin's baby shower. Didn't realize it was a no-no (but I know so little about baby showers & have only kind of helped to plan one and even then didn't really help much), though I didn't love it? Anyway, we guessed the type of chocolate bar that had been melted into the diaper.
  • Options
    @silverhope, @miss.sally, and @kagesstarshroom I don't know if it's a no no to play or just not popular with most people. I was just already cranky about being there and the candy bars looked way too close to the real thing for me to want to analyze. We cloth diaper, so I feel like I already have a too intimate relationship with #2.   
  • Options
    Save me! I'm currently in nesting hell. I feel like it's kicking in way sooner than with my first. Below is a picture of my living room. I got out every baby toy, piece of clothing and diapering item we own and basically scattered everything in the living room and hallway. Now I feel like I'm drowning. At least DD's toys look nice, lol. 

• Options
    @keeksie84 same! We have gotten so much done with the nursery. This weekend we painted and moved in the new furniture (new dresser and night stand, reusing our crib and glider from DD). I also inherited an extreme amount of maternity clothes and clothes for DD from friends so I organized all of those this weekend. So exhausting but so rewarding. I already have hand me downs from friends for the baby but I’m waiting to go through those. I’m just glad baby stuff is in its own room. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @keeksie84 OMG YES. Nesting has kicked in way early for me too. DH and I went through all of DS's clothes and baby toys/items a couple weeks ago, and I can't stop reorganizing or thinking how I want to reorganize something. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20