May 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

1235»

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• @darkrose88 I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself.
  • I wasn't sure to post here or not, since I am not experiencing spotting or bleeding, but today's US did not go well. My OB was unable to detect a heartbeat, told me that I'm measuring around 8 weeks (when I should be at 10 weeks), that the fetus lacks a pole, and that he "doesn't like" the shape of the sac. Whatever that means. 

They drew blood today to measure my HCG level, I go back tomorrow for another, more in-depth US, and then again on Tuesday (since Monday is a federal holiday and these are military doctors/lab techs) for another blood draw.

I am heartbroken. I thought by now we were mostly in the clear. MH is a wreck. Since this is the first pregnancy for both of us, we were really thrown by this. I'm hoping after tomorrow I'll have a better idea on how to proceed (medication to induce miscarriage, D&C, wait it out, etc). 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @yodamama Oh no, I'm so sorry. I've (unfortunately) got quite a bit of experience dealing with loss. I truly hope you're surprised with good news tomorrow, but if not, please feel free to PM me if you have any questions re: your options. Sending such big hugs. ❤❤
  • smashley09smashley09 member
    edited October 2019
    @darkrose88 and @yodamama heartbroken for you both and your families. Although the babes were not with you long I am sure your connection was strong. Take care of yourselves. 

• @yodamama I’m so sorry you are stuck in the uncertainty right now.  Your doctors are being thorough and another scan and/or blood draw will give you a much better idea of what’s going on.  Hang in there.  Try your best to relax until your next appointment.  You will have answers soon.  Praying for the best.
  • Thanks, ladies. I think it's hard to accept right now, because I always figured that if something were wrong, I would have spotting or bleeding, especially before I got to this point.

TW: Ugly confession time

So, now I'm sitting here coming to the realization that the baby I thought I was carrying is not alive and soon I will have to decide how long I want to carry it with me.

• @yodamama, I am so so sorry you are going through this. I too (TW) had two losses with no bleeding at all. Let me know if you would like to chat at some point. You will get through this.

@darkrose88, thinking of you. 

The TTCAL and pregnancy Loss forums here helped me so much through my losses.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @yodamama oh I am so very sorry. The best advice I had when I was going through my loss was that however I felt, was okay. I second that I found some great support on TTCAL after my loss and then in the PGAL group on TTGP. I am hoping that there was some kind of mistake and tomorrow is a better day. ♥️
  • I'm really sorry, @yodamama. I hope you have great support around you.
  • Oh no @yodamama I am so so incredibly sorry to see this. 💔 Please PM me if you need someone to talk to about this. *TW* I had a MMC (the first M stands for missed) last November and it's devastating. You know how I feel about my TTCAL ladies over in TTGP. They'll take good care of you. I'm so very sorry, friend. Big big internet stranger hugs to you. ❤️ 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• My heart breaks for you @yodamama . Take care of yourself.  <3 
  • Thanks you for all the kind words. I wish you all the best of luck with your pregnancies! 
  • @darkrose88 and @yodamama I’m so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you both and sending hugs from afar. 
  • @darkrose88 I'm so sorry you're going through this. MC is something we should never have to go through. Sending you lots of hugs

@yodamama I'm so very sorry for your bad news. MC is the worst and I can imagine how confused and frustrated you are that you aren't even showing any symptoms. I hope you get some answers soon. Take care of yourself. Hugs
  • @darkrose88 and @yodamama I am so sorry you ladies are going thru this. 
  • @darkrose88 @yodamama I’m so sorry, ladies ❤️
  • @darkrose88 I’m sorry, take care of yourself.

@yodamama I am so sorry friend. I hope you are able to get some answers soon. Please take care of yourself! I’ll be thinking of you.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @yodamama I am so sorry friend. My heart is broken for you. Please let us know if there’s anything you need. Thinking about you so hard.
  • @yodamama Oh no, I am SO sorry to see this. If you need to talk at all please feel free to PM me, I am going through processing my loss from two weeks ago -
    TW - MMC 
    I confirmed I lost the pregnancy with my doctor before I began to bleed. I did start bleeding naturally after a few days. 
    Please please let me know if you need a virtual ear - you are not alone, and it absolutely, totally sucks. 

• Thank you for your kind words ladies. It's over now, so I'm just focusing on healing and processing at this point. I have felt so welcome here. May 2020 is a great BMB, but now it's time to head back over to TTGP. Looks like I get to switch my username back to ttcbabyodo.

• @bbluemoo I hope you have official good news from your doctor soon.  I had a BFP shortly after MC and my one doctor seemed convinced it was nothing other than a new pregnancy while my other doctor was telling me not to get excited yet and it could be leftover HCG.  It was very emotionally confusing, but nothing that 48 hour betas couldn’t answer for sure.
  • @bbluemoo my current pregnancy happened on the very first cycle after a MC. I hadn't even had a real period yet, just the bleeding from the MC. It can happen. Here's hoping that's the case for you! <3
  • @bbluemoo So happy for you for your good news!