May 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In w/o 10/7

13»

Re: PGAL Check-In w/o 10/7

• Options
    @Austenista I'm not sure what shaking a dead cat will do, but keeping everything crossed for a great appointment for you! 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll just a joke that is said sometimes. Anything to get good news.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Austenista Haha, I've never heard that before. 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @Austenista I hope tomorrow is all good news. I have never heard the cat shaking thing but I’ll send good vibes 😁
  • Options
    Good luck and fx for perfect scans for everyone today!! @ruby696 @m6agua @Austenista
  • Options
    @tj_2 I rarely wear pants - mostly dresses - but when I wear jeans they are feeling tight. Agreed on the concern about how long to be able to hide it from work. I feel like I’m popping out a lot, although I guess it’s mostly pudgy-ness? With my first I waited until almost 20 weeks so that work assignments could get settled (we tend to switch things up annually), but not sure I will be able to do that this time. 
  • Options
    So at work for years we have joked about Fatober.  Perhaps you can start this too...  we decided that we all get fat in October.  The weather is colder the days are shorter and there’s Halloween candy, which becomes Thanksgiving dinner which becomes all kinds of holiday goodies.  And it’s not really ski season yet so it’s the beginning of our demise and we always joke that everyone gains a few pounds in October.  Just yesterday my coworker was sticking out and rubbing her own belly talking about it.  Soooo...  for now I blame the bowl of Halloween candy at the office and the crappy weather.   Eventually I won’t be able to kee that up.
  • Options
    I love that cat shaking thing. Good luck with your appointment @Austenista

@adventuresawait1 Im in Southern California and in the weather limbo where it's too hot to wear dresses with tights and too cold to go bare legs. Waiting for it to get cool enough for tights so I can switch to dresses too.

I would be so happy if I could hold out till 20 weeks. 

@pirateduck I moved jobs recently and we have a well stocked snack area so I've definitely been dropping hints about getting fat and "oh no I need to stop visiting the snack room" randomly. 
    Me: 30 | H: 34
    Married July 2018
    First-Time Mom
    EDD: 5/1/20  *please stick, baby*
  • Options
    @tj_2 yes, my office specifically (the offices are kinda spread out on different parts of the property) is known as the office that always has good candy, so it helps that we already have this reputation!

I wish I had your weather right now.  We got this cold front and it was below zero F this morning...  it was 70*F earlier this week.  Hopefully it warms up again for a while before winter is here for good.
  • Options
    @austenista I’m so glad you had such a great appointment. Awesome news. 

@ruby696 how’d everything go? I’m thinking of you. 

@m6agua how was your scan today? ♥️
  • Options
    @ruby696 yay! ♥️♥️
  • Options
    My appointment went well, I ended up having my first OB appointment with the midwife after the ultrasound. Baby is measuring on track at 9+1 and HB of 179! I got my flu shot and blood drawn, 6 or 7 vials I think. Of course they did an A1C and have me doing a 1 hr Glucose screening on Monday since I had GD last time.

Last time my A1C was 4.7 when I got diagnosed at 28 weeks, it went up to 5.4 by the end. Well this time around I’m starting at 5.4 so I am nervous for the screening.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua I don't know much about GD... how do they know you're already at 5.4? And if Monday doesn't go well, do you have to do the three hour test? My doctor always had me do the 3 hour test, I've never done a one hour.
  • Options
    @m6agua I'm so nervous about having to do the GD test again. I really don't know how I will survive the beginning pregnancy without carbs as I can barely eat anything else. At my 12 week apt last time I passed the 1 hour test, but failed it and the 3 hour at 28 weeks. I know I will most likely have it again, but 11 weeks was long enough. Also the likelihood of me being able to be diet controlled if I'm diagnosised earlier is worse off as my fasting numbers kept creeping up the whole time and there's nothing you can do to stop that. 

• Options
    @ruby696 they tested my A1C one Friday and it was 5.4, which having it higher doesn’t look well for GD, because it means I’m already a little more insulin resistant. I’m doing the 1 hour and I think I’ll do it again at 28 weeks if it comes back normal this time.

The 1 hour is a screening, there is no fasting. The 3 hour is more diagnostic.

@jhysmath it’s tough for sure. I hope we both do well on our testing.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20