Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 10/10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 10/10

• Loading the player...
  • @HotSauceSwagBag oh my gosh I’m sorry for your weird cycle. I’m glad you are getting a fresh start though. I hope you get to go home early! Working with a headache is the worst 
  • @gingermama29 good luck at your event today. HOpefully you're able to find time in between for a bit of a breather

@blackgirlmagic enjoy working from home today! Hopefully we don't see you here tomorrow

@bows22 On occasion DH and I will also attend financial type dinner meetings and they're always so fancy, i hate it. I bet once you get there you'll end up having a ton of fun and meeting some pretty cool people

@HotSauceSwagBag Ugh sorry about the splitting headache. I normally get headaches around CD1 as well. It's not fun at all. Hopefully you're able to head home a bit early today
  • @coffeeandcookies84 ugh I hate fasting for bloodwork. I hope it’s early and you get to eat soon!

@mvt2003 good luck with the HSG tomorrow! I’m pretty nervous about that too. Seems like people have a wide range of experiences with it. But at least it will be over soon! I’ll be thinking about you!
  • @mvt2003 tomorrow sounds like a busy day, but hopefully you can get the answers that you need. Hopefully they just tell your h to come in tomorrow and get it done 😆
    Welcome @coffeeandcookies84! I cannot believe that you got snow already. I feel like it’s too soon, but I’m just in denial about winter coming soon. 
    @HotSauceSwagBag at least you are getting a fresh clean start and not waiting a few more days to begin. *trying to stay positive*
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @mvt2003 I didn't find the HSG any more uncomfortable than a pap, but I did take either Advil or ibuprofen beforehand. Fx for the SA and HSG!

@coffeeandcookies84 Hello, fellow Canadian! Any chance you are in Alberta? They are the only ones I know who got snow recently as my brother lives near Calgary.

@HotSauceSwagBag Oh man that sucks! Hope the headache goes away! Glad you can take sometime off work :smile:

@bows22 Hope the dinner is better than you anticipate although hoagies and yoga pants are hard to beat. Good on you for getting involved in your community!

@blackgirlmagic Enjoy working from home! That is a dream of mine.

@gingermama29 I used to be a teacher so I know all about the awkward small talk. I hope the night goes better than expected. Hopefully the kids will ask before grabbing an instrument. Food trucks will make up for all of it.
  • @gingermama29 I've never really thought through how awkward it must be! Hoping your new principal is good about ending it! And the food trucks sound awesome!

@blackgirlmagic Glad you get to work from home today! Poor H has to do a multi-day abstain before a SA, plus we're not supposed to HIO unprotected before my HSG, so he's SOL on multiple fronts right now :D 

@bows22 I totally get that it would be more fun to be casual, but it's also good to get involved! Hoping you guys have a good time tonight and don't feel too out of place! Also, will totally report back about my HSG tomorrow!

@HotSauceSwagBag Sorry about CD1!!!

@coffeeandcookies84 Dang! Snow already?!

@feather_heather keeping my FX for you that tonight goes well!!!! 

@meri-mac Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Hope you have a great gathering!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @inthewoods23 Woooo!!!!! Road trip!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!

• @inthewoods23 we have 4 food trucks coming so everything from paninis, pulled pork, and pizza to deep fried Oreos, fried dough, and blooming onions. It'll be like a carnival! Yay for a road trip! That sounds super fun!
  • @inthewoods23 I think my favorite part of our road trip to VA this summer was choosing an audiobook together and listening to it on the trip down! It made it so fun, and we both enjoyed it! I'm super nosy so I'd love to know what you guys listen to on your way down! Music, podcasts, audiobooks? We've also done a game where each of us will trade off picking an album to listen to in its entirety on a long road trip. 

• @bows22 I picked up all the food on my way into work. More than what I actually needed, and unhealthy too

@meri-mac you're right on the money. Not too many places you can hide in Canada :) Living close to our rocky mountains has it's downfall I suppose. Enjoy your long weekend!

@gingermama29 DH and I don't live close to any of our family, so it's just us this weekend. It's tough being away from family on the holidays, but we've grown accustom to it. We actually rented a Airbnb in the mountains for the long weekend, so we might not get turkey, but we'll have a relaxing time 

@mvt2003 good luck tomorrow!

@feather_heather good luck with your meeting tonight! I'm quite the same when it comes to confrontation. Although once I get that initial cry out, I'm okay and can handle the situation fine.

• @gingermama29 🤤🤤 omg that sounds delicious!

@konoha happy anniversary! We have the wrinkle guard on our dryer too but I turned it off because we never take our laundry out of the dryer in a timely manner 😆 I know it's max 2 hours but that's just wasted electricity.

And yes... It's a far drive 😬 13 hours!! But about an hour of that is charging our Tesla along the way. But yeah... We have to leave kinda early since it's such a long drive and we lose and hour from changing time zones.

@mvt2003 we're likely to do music or podcasts! And sometimes we like silence in the car too. Thankfully we have similar tastes in music and things so there's no major irritation having to be in the car together for that long.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Thank you!! I probably won't use it all the time, maybe if I know the clothes in there wrinkle easily. I honestly had no idea what it did until I tried it just now! Our previous dryer was v cheap and didn't have any of the bells and whistles so it's been fun to have a nicer one to play around with. & oh wow 13 hours! long drives can be fun especially when you have a partner. that's neat that you have a tesla! bummer that you lose an hour though.
  • @konoha we looked into flying because holy cow is it a full day of driving, but it was like 400 bucks round trip PER person. It's way cheaper to drive and charge up along the way. Like our charge costs will be about the cost of a tank of gas or 2.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @konoha Happy 1st Anniversary! I hope you're able to spend some good quality time together, DH and I just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. I would say Canadian Thanksgiving is quite similar to the US when it comes to the foods we eat. We normally celebrate with a turkey and all the delicious sides, with pumpkin pie for dessert. I don't think it's as hyped up or advertised as much as in the US, but still one of my favourite holidays. When I was using a BBT thermometer, I was always so anxious that I would miss my temp, that I wouldn't sleep well in the end. I felt like I was running out of time since I'm 35, so I decided to spurge on a Tempdrop...love it!

@inthewoods23 I love a good roadtrip! When DH and I first met, we decided to drive from Toronto Canada, to California State and back. I think we were gone for a total of 3 weeks, but it was one of the most memorable trips, and we survived each other! I hope you and DH have an amazing time

• @inthewoods23 geez that's crazy for flights!! It's insane how expensive flying can be. that's so nice that you will save the money on gas! hopefully the drive will be smooth for you guys. 
  • @coffeeandcookies84 our honeymoon was driving around Iceland so we should have no problem being stuck in a car together all day 🙂 that sounds like a really really awesome trip you went on!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @coffeeandcookies84 Thank you!! congrats on hitting 5 years that's awesome! & oh yes very similar to our thanksgivings, ugh now I want turkey and potatoes lol! & I didn't know they made different kinds of monitors, I've just heard of ava but that's awesome that its giving you nice consistent temps. your sleep in important so i'm glad you don't have to stress about missing any temps!
  • @konoha DH's aunts and mom do all sorts of things. Two of them make turkeys, one makes a ham. Then there is broccoli in cheese, mashed potatoes, turnips, sweet potatoes, roasted carrots & potatoes, too many types of stuffing to count, a massive flood of gravy and then an endless array of desserts. One aunt makes amazing banana cream pies; 3 for the family and 1 just for DH because he is spoiled. This is on Sunday and we get to do it all over again on Monday with my parents.

@coffeeandcookies84 You too!
  • @meri-mac oh my gosh sounds divine!! definitely similar to thanksgiving in the us, I was curious if it was really different or not!
  • @konoha - Happy Anniversary!!

@inthewoods23 - Oh that trip sounds so fun!! My DH hates driving and road trips, so 3-4 hours is our max haha

@meri-mac - OMG you're making me drool...
  • @feather_heather And cranberry sauce!! How could I forget the homemade cranberry sauce! :lol: It is a good time and then I regret it for the rest of the afternoon/evening!

@bluetickgal Are you a Canuck too? Where abouts?
  • @meri-mac no, I’m from KY in the US. I just meant “as well” to you and @coffeeandcookies84 but I definitely see how that was confusing being several messages apart and not related at all! Sorry about that! 
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU:  prenatal vitamins, tracking my cycle, Pre-Seed lube, Ovulation testing kit (starting soon)

R/R:  I took a social media break for a little over a week but now I'm back, checking in. My AF came 2 days early last week which was a little unusual since I'm typically like clockwork. I decided to invest in an ovulation testing kit this month (Clearblue).  

I'm super excited because I bought paint for our bedroom!  Goodbye 25-year-old off-white dingy paint job.  Hello bright white ceiling and light blue walls. Everything is taped off and I'll be working at it in sections.  I guess we'll be sleeping in the guest room for the next few days.

@gingermama29 Open house... yuck.  We have ours next week so I feel your pain.  I'm a special ed teacher so most of the parents have no need to talk to me.  And the ones that do usually save it for 1:1 meetings, not really open house. So mostly I walk around awkwardly bc I'm required to be there. Food trucks sound like a genius idea!

@coffeeandcookies84 and @meri-mac   Happy Thanksgiving!

@feather_heather That meeting sounds stressful, hope it turns out okay!

• @dancingtreepose fresh coats of paint are the best. We painted our garage last year in white with a stripe of black that was at the level of some peg boards mounted on the wall. Looks super sharp and REALLY brightened up the garage from the dingy off white that was there.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • *lurking from TWW*

Hello Fellow Canadians yay! 🇨🇦 

@coffeeandcookies84 Yuck snow! I saw that Alberta got dumped on bad. I used to live in Calgary and so glad I don’t anymore lol 😆 I’m just outside Vancouver BC now and it’s sunny and green grass lol 😀 Keep your snow over there. Haha. 

@meri-mac Where about’s near Calgary does your brother live? I have a brother that lives in Okotoks Alberta. 

Hope you guys have a good thanksgiving. Ill be enjoying it too this weekend 👍 
  • @mindyb2019 Both of my older brothers live in Airdrie. We were there this summer for his wedding and it is an odd place. It is just a series of small developments with their own name where every street is some form of that name (ex Old Town has Old Town Way, Old Town Street, Old Town Ave, etc.) Trying to find my way home was brutal. Enjoy your sun and greenery! Happy Thanksgiving!

@dancingtreepose Thanks! And Happy Thanksgiving to you!
  • @meri-mac ahh Airdrie. I know where that is and I have been there before lol. Man I haven’t been to Airdrie since I was a young kid. I agree with you, it is an odd place indeed lol I wouldn’t ever live there.