April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/6

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/6

• CVS tomorrow and the toddler is sick.
    First cold of the season. Just hoping her fever stays away so she can be at school.
    Felt like a bad mom this am for sending her since she was so sniffly and a bit sad looking. But if I kept her home with the sniffles she would be out of daycare from now through March!! 
    Please let her be better today and tomorrow. I can't reschedule the test and I dont want to do it without DH.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I basically have zero energy today due to complete lack of sleep and crushing headache. I stayed home. DH even took DS to daycare. Eyes will be closed, hoping for sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 I hope you feel better!
  • I don't know if it's just me but I am having the worst hot flashes and feel perpetually sweaty! It's gross. I can't wait for cool weather. I'm not usually like this so guessing it's just the joy of hormones. Also, we are going to have to re-sleep train my 2 year old this week since she decided she should come into my bed at 2am every night. This is not going to work with a baby there so we have a few months to break this habit! Help! Anyone have advice on sleep training a stubborn toddler?!
  • @mwill291 I have no problem with CIO, so we just shut his bedroom door at night and let him deal. He learned pretty quick, but there are still some nights he needs someone at 2am. It doesn't work for every child, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Does anyone else get excited when their symptom shows up in “your body this week”? 

I know that every pregnancy is different and most of the times my symptoms are pretty mild. No major morning sickness or breast tenderness. Today, I looked at myself in the mirror before my shower and man were my veins visible. Right on track for Week 10. It’s very reassuring! 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Apparently not used to the bump yet. I keep drawing on my clothes with my pen. This is the second time. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Finally sucked it up and got my flu shot. I'm such a baby with doctors and shots that I keep putting it off.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I completely lost it on the 3 year old this morning when she refused to go get dressed and I feel awful.  I do a lot of solo parenting and I'm just so worn down and have no patience left.  I feel like I'm turning into a mean mommy and I'm just annoyed all the time.  I sat on the couch and cried after DH left with the kids.  Any suggestions for staying patient and stopping a preschooler stop being difficult?  
  • @KFrob I’m right there with you. My 3 yo DD is more difficult now than during the “terrible twos” and I feel like I’m always mad at her. I just keep reminding myself that this is just a phase. She will get better at listening as she gets older and she’ll be able to understand my reasoning for rules better too. Hang in there mama and give yourself some slack.  <3
  • I feel you both @KFrob and @emsned,  you are both not alone. We just hit 3 and I swear the past month has been one of my hardest as a parent. Two was a cake walk in comparison. Not feeling 100% is not helping either. I just feel like I am constantly frustrated and I try so hard to be as patient as possible with her. We have one very independent little lady and she is wearing me down big time right now.
  • My father-in-law was taken to the hospital today after being found on the floor of his apartment barely conscious (we now know it was a heart attack/head trauma from fall). Doctors think he might not last much longer, so husband is on a plane home. Anyone helped a spouse through the loss of a parent? I feel so helpless right now!
  • @emsned Haha those pictures are spot on! 

We said our sorrys, I had a chance to mentally reset and we had a great night.  Thanks for the support ladies!   
  • @jenabary no advice, just want to say that I am sorry you and your husband are going through that.
  • @jenabary I don’t have any advice either. The best you can do is be there for your husband. I’m very sorry that this happened.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @jenabary I'm so so sorry. No direct advice, but you and your husband's whole family are in my thoughts.

@KFrob I'm there with my four-year-old. The other night I yelled at him before bed, then I took a breath and told him I was sorry, that it's okay to be upset but not to yell at him, and then like 10 minutes later I yelled at him again. I think a good night's sleep (for me) would really help, but I'm not sure when I'll get it.

My brother just moved to Brooklyn and we promised to go visit him this weekend for his birthday. (We're in Boston and he used to live in DC, so this is a lot closer.) I'm super excited to see him, but also so sad that we're not having a relaxing long weekend. At least we're planning to come home Sunday night, so we'll still have all day Monday.
  • @jenabary no experience yet with this but just support him as best you can and give him a little slack I guess. Everyone grieves and stresses about things in their own way. Thinking of you and your family. I'm so sorry and I'll be praying for him and your family.
  • Thank you all. He did pass yesterday morning, so I’m flying out early today to be with my husband and help make arrangements. I appreciate all the good thoughts and encouragement. We feel relieved that he went quickly and peacefully at the end - and he knew he was having a grandchild. My husband and I had already discussed using his dad’s name as a middle name if we have a boy (then baby and husband would share a middle name). I think it’s very likely we will do so now! Thanks again. 
  • @jenabary so sorry for your loss
  • @jenabary I’m so sorry for your loss. I haven’t been there, but I really feel for you and YH. Sending hugs. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017