April 2020 Moms

Maternity Clothes

Re: Maternity Clothes

• @emibemily Yes!!! It's the best!!!!
  • I love Pink Blush Maternity and definitely do not recommend Zulily for maternity stuff. I bought stuff there (just basics like camis and leggings) and they were terrible quality. I haven't tried Old Navy maternity stuff yet but after so many of you recommend it, I know where I'm looking next! Has anyone tried the stitchfix maternity plan?
  • Loading the player...
  • @mwill291 I did one Stitchfix maternity box with DD2.  I would have done more if I could afford it!  
  • @mwill291 I did one box last pregnancy. I thought the clothes were nice, but I wasn't aware at the time that in maternity S fits me better than M, so I ultimately didn't keep anything. I do stitch fix periodically when not pregnant, so I may try materniry again this time.
    If anyone needs a referral code, I'm happy to give mine out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 sizing is tough. I'm between a small and medium and it's always just trial and error as to what fits. I'd love a code if you have one!
  • stitchfix.com/invite/kathrynhenry for @mwill291 and anyone else that wants to try it. I think that gives you a $25 credit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm thinking of trying a Stitch Fix box, since I've had good luck with them when I'm not pregnant. Interesting about the sizing; I'll have to think about that. I haven't dug out my maternity clothes yet because I haven't put on any weight yet (thanks, nausea), but I'll need them soon.
  • Here's my conundrum, ladies.... I'm on the larger plus-size (24-26), and at 14 wks I've actually LOST 10 lbs from pre-pregnancy. I have no idea if I will really show, and if I do show I'm not really liking the selection of plus-size maternity clothes out there. Jeans and leggings just aren't going to cut it in my office. Guess I'll wait and see! but I'm type A so I like to PLAN IT ALL. And I have a business trip around week 19 and don't want to look like an over-stuffed sausage in my pant suits. 
  • I've just gotten my second Stitch Fix maternity box and everything is SO good.  I am living in the Liverpool maternity jeggings.  Also GapFit leggings are THE best.
  • @danibean19 My sister lost weight when she got pregnant too from watching her diet for baby and from not drinking. Honestly her legs in pregnancy looked better than ever! Not sure if this works for your job specifically but maybe look for some appropriate career dresses to wear with your suit blazers?
  • I just got a bunch of stuff from Motherhood maternity- 3 bras, a sweater and long sleeved shirt and leggings for under $100. Everything is so comfy!! 
  • Not maternity- though they have maternity options-
    Stars Above pajama line at Target! Super comfy- most pants have pockets, so soft. I plan to live in them at night and some once baby comes. The perfectly cozy fabric ones are the ones I have.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Chiming in because there's one store that hasn't been mentioned, yet - Asos!
  • H&M is having a sale if anyone's been holding out for one like me!
  • Motherhood also has a ssle today with free shipping. Stocked up on some long sleeves and new bras!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH is the best and surprised me with a few things from Motherhood yesterday!  
  • @smallbutmighty77 yes!! I got a pair of the Stars Above pajama bottoms from Target and love them! They have a super soft cotton inner lining and a wide leg for comfort. And pockets :D I recommend them, ladies. 
  • Sporting the maternity faux leather spanx today and OMG they are so comfy! I was worried they would be hard to get on, like tight jeans. Not at all. Soft and stretchy! I will be splurging on a non-maternity pair come next fall. I now wish they made their velvet leggings in maternity! Bc Holiday happiness! I might try the non- maternity and see where they hit. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • @smallbutmighty77 I didn't order the ones I saw at H&M since I was worried they would be too stuffy and hot, now I wish I did!

I got my first pair of H&M maternity jeans and they are amazing!  Only down side is no front pockets.... WHY?!!  pregnant women need pockets too! 
  • @KFrob my 2yo is all about pockets right now. Like, girl- I get it, but it's a long road ahead as a girl bc pockets are a lie a lot of the time.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • @KFrob I remember seeing a post about how toddler boy pants have more pockets than women’s pants. It’s true DS always has good size pockets. Why would anyone think that a toddler boy needs pockets and his mom doesn’t?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Destination Maternity filed for bankrupcy and plans to close 183 stores. Not sure if this will affect Motherhood Maternity or Pea in the Pod, but worth keeping an eye out for sales.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KFrob Gap and Old Navy have front pockets!
  • The last pair I got from Old Navy doesn't!!!  I had two pairs from Old Navy and One pair from Gap while I was pregnant with DD1 with pockets.  I ordered a new pair with DD2 from Old Navy and no pockets.  I wonder if enough people complained they brought back the pockets. 
  • @KFrob boo! Old Navy made me a liar. I have the demi panel bootcut and they have the pockets

I’m annoyed though cause both Gap and Old Navy are sold out on the larger sizes of the full panel (I’m a size 16) and have been for months. I did, however, find a size 16 of full panel Old Navy on thred up. I like the full panel for when I’ll need to use the belly bandit support so there is a buffer between that and my skin
  • @mandarenee898 I am 100% team full panel!  Since I'm using anything as a distraction from doing actual work today I went to Old Navy's site to do some recon.  Seems like most of the RockStar premiums don't have pockets!  I feel like something called premium should have pockets!!   I did notice that they're out of a bunch of sizes.
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited October 2019
    Okay full-panel ladies: How do you get your pants to stay up? Am I just not big enough yet? I have a pair from a friend that fits great through the legs and thighs, but when I try to walk around in them, I feel like they slide down and the crotch is way lower than it should be. They are so comfortable, but I’m worried about wearing them out of the house!

ETA: They do have pockets, so I don’t want to give up on them! 😁
  • @jenabary it sounds like you just aren’t big enough yet! The in-between is when they fall down on me. Which is why I got a pair of the Demi panel for this in-between time now and during postpartum time when the full panels start falling down. 

Because, let’s face it - pulling up your pants in public isn’t that bad unless they are full panel maternity pants that you have to pull up your shirt in order to pull up your pants. (Yes, I have done that in public and I will do it again. Comfort is key!) 
  • @mandarenee898 I might have also done that in public. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @jenabary I do a belly band over the full panel until I'm big enough to hold em up!
  • Thank you @mandarenee898 and @mwill291 for the suggestions! I’ll look into demi panel options and also try out my belly band on the full panels. I wouldn’t have thought to use the band on maternity jeans!
  • @mwill291 that’s a great idea! I never thought to use the band to keep pants up. 
  • @mercury94 I have legit had to put stuff in DS's pockets when I didn't have any.

Also, Motherhood undies are sooo comfy.
  • Thoughts on maternity coats? Last pregnancy, I was due in August and didn't get real big till later. I have a winter coat that is a size bigger. Can I get away with that?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm thinking I can get away with just not zipping my coat but I'm in a wait and see status.  My biggest concern is that were going to a football game at U of Notre Dame in Nov and if I can't get my coat to zip right before we leave I might break down and get one. 
  • @Kathryn0903 I got a cheap one from costco for my last pregnancy when I was due in Feb so I was bigger 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited October 2019
    jenabary said:
    Okay full-panel ladies: How do you get your pants to stay up? Am I just not big enough yet? I have a pair from a friend that fits great through the legs and thighs, but when I try to walk around in them, I feel like they slide down and the crotch is way lower than it should be. They are so comfortable, but I’m worried about wearing them out of the house!

ETA: They do have pockets, so I don’t want to give up on them! 😁
    *lurker*

FWIW, I think some pants must just be weirdly designed. Some pants were just fine for me and stayed up easily no matter where in my pregnancy I was. And then I ordered Old Navy maternity jeans (because their regular jeans are all I wear), and they suuuuucked. They'd have migrated down after just taking a handful of steps around the house. The issue, in my experience, is how they fit right where the band attaches to the pant, right about the hip. Old Navy's was too big (and I couldn't wear a smaller size because they fit correctly, almost too tight, in the thighs). I've never had that issue with Old Navy's non-maternity pants. 
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited October 2019
    Thanks @lovesclimbing! If they don’t seem to fit after a while, maybe I need to consider whether it is the pants!
  • babybisonbabybison member
    edited October 2019
    @Kathryn0903 For my "maternity" coat last time I went to Uniqlo and got a long coat. I actually only needed a medium to zip up my bump, and they're so warm! I was due in December, but it worked pre and post easily. If you don't mind a little more space all around, most coats will work I think