April 2020 Moms

Does anyone know the gender of their baby yet? I am dying to know and would like to know how soon everyone found out?

Re: Gender

• sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited October 2019
    A couple of folks who have had NIPT testing after they crossed 11 weeks have found out the sex. It's typically done between 11w-14w but you could do it later than 14w as well.

Edit to add: If you don't do the NIPT testing then sex is typically determined at the 20 week anatomy scan. Doctors can sometimes guess the sex before that, but I think they are more confident at 20 weeks when they can see everything more clearly. 
  • We just found out. Check out the company SneakPeak. They have at home kits of no location near you if you want to know. Can find out as soon as weeks they say. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Loading the player...
  • @livingwithchoas89 We did the Harmony test at 10 weeks and the results took about 7 days. We are team blue!
  • @coaster102516 I’ve known a few people who found out at the anatomy scan that SneakPeek was wrong. They will refund your money, though. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 gosh I hope not! Lol we did the blood test at a medical office so hopefully a little more accurate 😬

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• We did the SneakPeak early DNA blood test and it said boy. 
  • We also did the SneakPeak test at my doctors office & it said boy
  • Last time we did nipt I was told if it’s a boy than it’s less likely to be wrong 
  • edited October 2019
    I am hoping to find out at my next appointment... which is Thursday! I will be 12 weeks along. With my other 3 kids they we able to tell us between 12-16 weeks along. I am crossing my fingers for a girl! 
  • I found out last week through the Natera DNA test.  We are having a girl!  Very excited!  
  • I always thought I wouldn’t want to find out but now that I’m pregnant I want to know! I haven’t bought a single baby thing because I want to know the gender. My SO was always very on board with finding out as well until recently he decided he doesn’t want to know! What!!! So we’re going to have to hash this one out! I think since I’m the pregnant one I get to decide. 😆 

Regardless the soonest I could find out would be my anatomy scan at 19 weeks. Sometimes they won’t tell you then or can’t determine so I’d just have to convince a doctor at work to give me a quick scan! (Perks of working on a maternity ward) 

I think it would be fun to do a cool little gender reveal party but not sure what or how! 
  • @kath1414 I’m not finding out! MH took some convincing, but now he’s excited about it, too! Come on over to the dark side! Lol
  • We're looking at a BOY! 
    I'm really excited since we lost our son and had been really excited for a boy. But also nervous this kid will feel more compared to his lost sibling than he would if they were different genders.
    We know we won't act like that, this kid is a totally different baby and we are so excited. But it is nice that we can use some of the baby boy stuff we bought last time and think of both of our sons. Also, DH is the last boy in his family so I love that his name can continue. My mom had also ALWAYS wanted a boy so she will be thrilled, and my best friend just had a son and my other friend is doing IVF with a boy so I really wanted a son to grow up with them. 
    I keep thinking I heard the person wrong and made it up, but I know I didn't
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 so exciting! Boys are a ton of fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @korthouse That's right! Colors are for everyone. 
  • chrissdeechrissdee member
    edited October 2019
    My 3 sisters and I were all pregnant at the same time this past year (I had a April 2019 baby too). My sisters all tried the sneak peek test and they were all accurate. I did a 16 week ultrasound and a 17 week ultrasound (just because the tech wanted to be certain), and was told I was having a boy... only to find out at my anatomy scan that I was actually having a girl. 

This time, I'm trying out the sneak peek test. I should be getting the results emailed today. But, even though everyone I know who has used it has received accurate results, I'm not planning to "announce" or reveal gender until after the 20 week scan to confirm this time. (I will let y'all know what the results are, though!)

ETA:

We'll see at 20 weeks if this is accurate! 
  • @mercury94 I bet!!! Men look great in pink too. Bring it back!!!
  • I did the SneakPeek test at 9 weeks and it said Girl. NIPT "confirmed" girl at 13 weeks but I guess you never realllllllly know until the A/S or, you know, birth.
  • @nicoleyolee Congrats! We have the results of our NIPT test too and haven’t looked either! We are doing a small reveal with family next week!
  • @nicoleyolee yay!!! Congratulations on a baby boy!!!
  • Another boy I’m happy my son will have a playmate but this is my last and a teeny tiny part of me was hoping for a girl
  • I am supposed to get my results any day now... I am dying to know!!! 
  • Yay girl party @KFrob!! I'm Team Pink, too! Any name ideas?
  • We're running out of name ideas at this point! lol
  • I’m still waiting for my results from NIPT!! I’m guessing girl! 🤩
  • We're not finding out (if we can help it), but have been having fun testing out some old wives tale predictors.

So far we have:

Carrying high (girl) or low (boy): Boy
    Pregnancy acne (girl) or clear skin (boy): Girl
    Feeling hot (girl) or cold (boy): Boy
    Baby's heart rate typically under 140 (boy) or over (girl): Girl
    Craving sweets (girl) or salty/sour (boy): Girl (lately)
    Chinese & Mayan gender charts: Girl
    Lots of morning sickness (girl) or okay (boy): Boy
    Ring test: Girl
    Partner gaining sympathy weight yes (girl) no (boy): Girl
    Legs/ankles swollen (boy) or normal (girl): Girl
    Feeling clumsy (boy) or graceful (girl): Boy
    Pregnancy dreams (baby will be opposite of what you dream they are): Girl
    Frequent headaches yes (boy) or no (girl): Boy
    Urine colour light/dull (girl) or bright yellow (boy): Girl
    Moody (girl) or mellow (boy): Girl
    Baking soda test: Girl

TOTALS: Boy 5, Girl 11

Some of these will probably change over the course of the pregnancy and ultimately none of them are predictive, but it was fun to do!

• @babybison I would be so sad if I paid all that money for a cake only to have a green cake! Haha!  

@korthouse I made a sign with a lot of them as part of my gender reveal and I was 6/4 predicting boy from the ones I did! It was a boy! I thought it was a girl and was wrong! The wives tales are fun to do! 
  • I won’t find out until close to Thanksgiving, but I’ve followed some of the old wives tales, so I’ll play along with @korthouse

So far we have:

Carrying high (girl) or low (boy): Higher than DS, so I’ll say girl. 
    Pregnancy acne (girl) or clear skin (boy): Girl
    Feeling hot (girl) or cold (boy): Girl
    Baby's heart rate typically under 140 (boy) or over (girl): Girl
    Craving sweets (girl) or salty/sour (boy): Girl 
    Chinese & Mayan gender charts: They don’t agree. Chinese says Girl, Mayan says Boy
    Lots of morning sickness (girl) or okay (boy): Boy, but it was worse than with DS. 
    Partner gaining sympathy weight yes (girl) no (boy): Girl
    Legs/ankles swollen (boy) or normal (girl): Girl
    Feeling clumsy (boy) or graceful (girl): Boy, but I’m always clumsy
    Pregnancy dreams (baby will be opposite of what you dream they are): Boy
    Frequent headaches yes (boy) or no (girl): Girl, but occasional headaches, so I don’t know. 
    Urine colour light/dull (girl) or bright yellow (boy): Girl
    Moody (girl) or mellow (boy): Girl

TOTALS: Boy 4, Girl 11

I refuse to make an actual prediction, though. I was so sure that DS was a girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20