April 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in week of 9/30

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss (or losses).

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY- What would you sing at Karaoke night?

Re: PGAL Check-in week of 9/30

• 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 12w, 4/14, 6th pregnancy- DD is almost 3

2. Previous loss(es)? (3) MCs (most recent in April)
    DS was delivered stillborn at 22+w due to significant genetic abnormalities

Emotionally- I'm trying not to be too anxious, we have our first U/S with genetics tomorrow for the NT scan. Then we have another one at 15w and 18w. *TW* DS had all 4 limbs turned/curved at the joints (amongst a number of other issues), so I am hoping now that we know what we are looking, they can give us some insight during the NT. I am not expecting too much, I think we will get the most info at our EAS at 15w.

Physically- I caught a bad cold last week and there is seriously nothing worse than being sick while pregnant! Thank goodness for the Neti pot. Finally starting to turn the corner.

4. Any appointment updates? We have the NT tomorrow, I spoke with the nurse that will be overseeing our case at the Ultrasound clinic and it looks like we will be having 5 scans done (12, 15, 18, 32, 36). We are going to a specific location that does specialized scans for genetics and high risk pregnancies.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My Mom was here visiting from Boston for the weekend and we went to see Elton John on Friday. He was amazing! We also hosted DD's birthday party. A fun, but super busy few days,

6. Any milestones coming up? No

7. GTKY- What would you sing at Karaoke night? I'm terrible at Karaoke, but I would say either Spice Girls "Wannabe" or Heart "What about love".
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    12 weeks / 4/11 / 2nd time mom but will be first time mom with anything actually bringing baby home

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    Sept 2018 out DD was stillborn at 40 weeks 1 day gestation 

ugh. Having a lot of neck aches and slight headaches. Nausea is better and getting more energy though so I guess there is always a trade off. Emotionally just enjoying each symptom of the lives inside of me. I’ll probably get more anxious toward the end since that is when our loss was... but the dr said she’ll probably do CS at 38 weeks cause we are having twins and our history of loss

Not until Oct 24 when I’m almost 16 weeks.  Seems SO far away. 

I have today off work and I am so happy not to be dealing with people. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope. Just enjoying each day. 

7. GTKY- What would you sing at Karaoke night? I don’t have a decent voice and try to avoid karaoke at all costs! 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • I went for my first OB appointment today. The doctor decided to do another ultrasound. There was 2 weeks of growth which is on track, but she couldn't find a heartbeat... I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the miscarriage clinic where they'll do another ultrasound and figure things out from there. I'm praying for a miracle but I'm not feeling optimistic about it. In the meantime I'm taking comfort from DS who is a bundle of joy.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 I’m glad they’re able to schedule you tomorrow so you didn’t have to wait too long as every hour probably feels like days right now. Wishing the best and that you get in tomorrow and there is a strong heart beating away.  
  • @mflowers929 I’ll be keeping you in my prayers! Hoping there’s a strong heartbeat and all is well... 

1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 12w4d/April 10/FTM

2. Previous loss(es)? BO at 10 weeks in April 2019

Emotionally- was anxious Sunday because we announced. I kept doubting announcing, but now that we have it’s a huge relief. Being able to talk about things makes it so much better! My sister went through 5 MC’s before her first LO, so her OB had her get a Doppler. She used it during all 3 pregnancies to keep sane. Her husband found the heartbeat of our LO on Sunday to calm me down. Huge relief! He taught MH how to use it, so we have it at our house now, though I don’t want to use it too often. 
    Physically- feeling so much better! Symptoms started going away around 10 weeks, so I’m feeling almost back to myself. Still exhausted. The headaches have started, as has lower back pain. 

4. Any appointment updates? Next one is October 16. Just a check up and Doppler. Hoping to hear back on genetic testing soon. That bloodwork was done Thursday. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? How long did it take anyone else to get their panoramic results? I’m hoping to hear in the next few days, but I’m not sure that’s realistic. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Just waiting to hit second trimester! Getting excited! 

7. GTKY- What would you sing at Karaoke night? Anything 90’s pop! I could rock the NSYNC dance moves if necessary! 
  • @mflowers929 Thinking about you today
  • 1. Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?
    9w6d, 4/30, 2 DDs

2. Previous loss(es)?
    One loss at 9w

Emotionally much better!  We're past our milestone, we've seen LO on another u/s, my anxiety is settling down.  I think I'll finally be comfortable after out NT scan/NIPT in a couple of weeks.  
    Physically I'm starting to feel better.  Still exhausted but getting little spurts of energy here and there.  Still having waves of nausea but also hungry all the time.  Headaches all the time.  

Our next appointment is the NT scan and NIPT on Oct 16th.   

We have a wedding to go to in Maine this weekend (we're in CT).  I've already ready warned DH that I will be a wet blanket.  But it will be nice to get away with DH and no kids for a couple of nights!  I have to try on the dress I bought to make sure it still fits, eek!    

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
    80's Madonna 

• @ejoseph16 We used Counsyl.  Our results seemed like they took forever with DD2.  I think it was that our blood draw was on a Friday and we're on the East Coast and the company was on the West Coast.  I think were probably at 7 business days when we finally got the results.  
  • doraleigh35doraleigh35 member
    edited October 2019
    I just posted in the ultrasound thread, but I wanted to share more here. We had our NT scan yesterday, everything went well and we are considered low risk. Which is a relief, but we were also low risk with DS so I know it’s not the only factor for us. We met with a doctor from MFM after the scan and I almost fell over when it was the same doctor that had delivered the news to us about DS almost two years ago after our AS.  

We live in a city of 1.4 million people, this clinic was 45 minutes from the location we had been seen at with him (they have 9 locations). What are the chances it would be the same doctor and she recognized us first? She actually pulled the images from my NT scan with him to compare and said she could clearly see this baby’s hands and fingers, feet were a little harder. But I could see both hands and feet moving on the u/s. Our first sign with him was that all 4 limbs were fixed at the joints (plus a whole number of other issues).

So far so good, we go back in 3 weeks for an early AS at 15w. The same doctor will be meeting with us again and she said she would review my whole history again so she could better asses my current scans. It was a shock to see her, but I feel so comforted knowing this is someone who truly knows our history first hand. 

Edit- typo 
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited October 2019
    @doraleigh35 that is crazy that it was the same doctor for you!  I mentioned a couple weeks ago my intake nurse for my OB was the nurse who was in triage at the hospital when we lost our daughter.  Weird how these things happen sometimes. It’s great that you got to see the movement of your baby on the U/S.  How special that must have been!  I’m glad you had a good experience. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. 

Edit: typo
  • @mandarenee898 yes! I totally thought of your story right after it happened. It’s just crazy. I could see if we had been at the same location, but it was a totally different hospital!
  • @doraleigh35 I know! Mine was at a different location and she had changed positions!  Sometimes it seems like such a small world. 
  • @doraleigh35 so glad things are looking good after your NT!!!  What a nice coincidence that it was the same doctor and you have the comfort of her knowing your history.