May 2020 Moms

Group 2: May 9-16 Check-In week of 9/16

2»

Re: Group 2: May 9-16 Check-In week of 9/16

• @jess09lynn MH will probably try to make it to all of the appointments. But he is the type of person who likes to be there. I think last time he made it to most. Although his schedule isn't consistent so I will not be scheduling around him. He will for sure come to the major appointments.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @jess09lynn he will try to go to as many as he can but it’s work schedule dependent. If it’s a big appointment he will move things around to go. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jess09lynn with my first baby, DH was active duty and made it to 1 appointment. I made sure that anytime I had an ultrasound, I would video record the screen so he could watch the entire thing at a later date. Since he’s out of the military now, I’m sure he’ll try to make more but I know he’ll really only fully care for ultrasound appointments
  • @jess09lynn my H went to all my OB appointments with DS. He doesn't necessarily have to, but it's nice to have him there.
  • @jess09lynn MH came to all my appts with DS. He came to most with DD and I expect he'll just go to the big ones with this one. I feel like we both know the drill at this point, so I'd rather him save his PTO.
  • @jess09lynn MH came to probably 30% of my appointments with DS- (all the ultrasounds) and mostly appointments at the beginning/end of pregnancy. It was hard with the command he worked with at the time and we also wanted him to save his PTO.
  • EDD: 5/15/19

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lavender bud

Upcoming appointments: Oct 1 u/s and introductory meeting with midwife 

How are you feeling? Symptoms mostly disappeared over the weekend then trickled in the last couple days. Sore tits. Tired and fuzzy brained. Some insomnia. Also on and off nausea. Glad to have symptoms, but it’s making it hard to work!

Raves/Rants: None

Questions: Any tips for finding focus when pregnancy brain has taken it away?

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? I used to be both, but am definitely more of an early bird now. Evenings are tough to function, but I can really knock things out first thing in the morning. (Though not this morning, so tired...)
  • @lajoliedreamer if you figure out how to combat pregnancy brain I’d love to know. 😂 I’m sorry I have no advice for focusing better. I do try to write everything down to help me remember what I’m doing and so I have something to reference when I forget. 
  • EDD: May 11, 2020

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out but not sharing with anyone. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments: First Ultrasound September 30th

How are you feeling? Exhausted & starving!

Raves/Rants: Super nervous to share with our parents because we don’t want them to tell anyone until we share, but we are not sure they’ll actually follow that. 

Questions: How would you handle that situation?^^^

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird. 
  • With DD I just didn’t share until we were ready for the cat to be out of the bag. My mom literally tells everyone she knows within days even when asked not to. 

*TW*
    My first pregnancy I waited until 10 weeks and my mom told everyone immediately. A few days later I discovered it was a mmc and she then had to tell everyone that it was lost, too. 

When I told her at 11.5 weeks with DD, I specifically asked them not to say anything yet because the PGAL worries were strong. She didn't even last a week and when I asked she said “well, you hit 12 weeks” as if that made it okay. 🤦‍♀️ Thank goodness I don’t live near her so her blabbermouth does not affect me too much other than mild annoyance. 
  • There are a few people I want to tell now but I’m not telling anyone until I’m ready to tell EVERYONE I don’t want to count on others to keep their mouths shut and then somehow my boss finds out from someone other than me or something.  My parents found out about my SILs pregnancy when they weren’t supposed to through the grapevine and there were tears and drama and it was a mess.
  • EDD: May 14 I think

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I think we will find out when we are able. 

Baby is the size of a(n): maine blue berry or a popping firecracker

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday 9/25 ultrasound and dr. appt. 

How are you feeling? Today, I'm just tired and have cold/allergies going on. That bothers me because I've been feeling nauseous, but only felt a little bit nauseous today. 

Raves/Rants: I'm so tired of grad school. I will graduate in May, but I just don't know if I can do this anymore. 
    Also, What's up with deodorant not working for me these days?! It's way too hot here for this nonsense! 

Questions: Considering doing hypnobabies. Has anyone done it? what do you think? Is it worth the investment? What about hiring a doula? My last birth went alright all things considered (it would require many tw's to post as it was incredibly traumatic) but considering that I'm birthing at a natural delivery friendly hospital with midwives and had a good experience last go around, would a doula even make much difference? 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Night owl. I don't morning. 

Trigger warning

me: 28 dh: 34
    married since October 2015-started trying immediately
    dx: PCOS, anovulatory
    rx: provera metformin progesterone
    *TW*
    BFP August 2016- early mc- Enoch Matthis
    1 clomid cycle (March 2017)
    BFP March 2017  ~  EDD December 13, 2017
    di/di TWINS!!!!! vanishing twin- Hannah Jordan
    DS-Nov 23, 2017- emergency induction-- Pre-eclampsia
    *End TW*
    BFP Sept.2019

• @mrswifeytoad I think it depends on your personality and your previous experience. Does your last birth impact this one? Meaning, if you’re mostly likely to get a c section, I wouldn’t bother. I also personally don’t want anyone I don’t know helping me in that way. That’s what I expect dh to do. During my last birth, there were midwives present who served that function, and I just wanted to tell them to get out of my face. If you’re likely or able to have a vaginal birth, and you think you would benefit from it, go for it. 
  • @mrswifeytoad MH swears that the doula is for him—she gives him tips on what he can be doing to support me like counterpressure on my hips or helping me walk around or getting me more water, and she also makes it so he could go grab some food or check on our first or just go to the bathroom and not worry that he was leaving me alone. My doula was also the person I trusted to breakdown medical terms for me when the nurses started pushing options like an elective c section or hurrying things along. I don’t have typical birth stories so I know my experience isn’t the same as everyone else’s. We had a doula with our first two and will be having a doula this time too. I do agree if you are having a c section a doula probably isn’t much help though.