Upcoming appts

How are you feeling?: 

Cravings/Aversions:

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What was your first job?

Re: Group 3 (3/17-3/24) Check-in w/o 9/16

• Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/20 13+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink? We think? The doc analyzing our ultrasound said she was 98% certain it’s a girl.

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming appts: I can’t even remember. Not for a while. October 6? 

How are you feeling?: pretty good, but still really tired. I’ve been taking crazy long naps on the weekends. But I also work 7-5 most week days and have evening rehearsals once a week until 9 so my exhaustion could just be schedule related.

Cravings/Aversions: Still loving carbs but I actually felt a little less hungry today than I have recently. I also crave hot coffee with cream which is so weird, I had an aversion to it last pregnancy! I am limiting myself to one cup a day, sometimes half-caf, but I dream about my morning cup.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Waiting on my genetic testing results. I’m just a tad nervous.

GTKY: What was your first job? Cold stone creamery
  • Options
    @kantobean ugh i want coldstone ice cream now :weary:

EDD/W+D: 3/18, 13w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): clown fish

Upcoming appts: hmm it might be next week actually. The one I care about is the anatomy scan and that’s on Halloween. 

How are you feeling?: tired and half hungry/half nauseous. I almost passed out in my stroller fitness class this morning bc I didn’t have time to eat breakfast. I honestly felt off the entire rest of the day after that.

Cravings/Aversions: my cravings are super specific and change all the time and it’s really annoying. I am seemingly consistently liking burritos and soup. Also like ice cream and Milano double stuff dark chocolate cookies. Everything else changes by the second. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I just feel like the past few days have been off for me. We have a mini trip to meet my baby nieces so i’m hoping maybe this short getaway will help recharge me. 

GTKY: What was your first job?: I worked at my sleepaway camp as kitchen staff. I sucked at waitressing (too slow), so I always switched to be the dishwasher/mop person whenever I was put on waitressing duty. I could not handle the pressure of waiting on hungry kids.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @silverhope I can’t even eat it anymore. I used to cringe at their stupid names for everything, like the sizes: “like it” “love it” and “gotta have it”. After every shift my hair would smell like burnt sugar from the waffle cone maker. 
  • Options
    @kantobean yea the singing for tips seemed a little degrading. I am really wanting that ice cream now though...but think the closest is 30 min away :(

• Options
    justlauren05justlauren05 member
    edited September 2019
    @kantobean I worked at Cold Stone as well! Hooray for free ice cream! My husband, who my boyfriend at that time, told me I smelled like waffles. Haha! 
    It was also a time before they had "like it" or "gotta have it" sizes. Also, the creation combos didn't really exist. We did sing (sometimes) whenever we got tipped. I disliked that.
    1999 - Starting dating (in High School!)
    2005 - Got hitched
    2009 - Trying to grow our family...
    2017 - BFP!! Baby Declan born December 2017
    2019 - BFP!! Baby Girl EDD March 2020 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 19 / 13.5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Peapod

Upcoming appts: Oct 7th

How are you feeling?: Eh. Still queasy and extremely tired. I just started getting acid reflux too. Oh joy.

Cravings/Aversions: On top of the gross smell of coffee, I nearly vomited at the smell of hotdogs. Run away!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm totally able to find the baby on the doppler much faster now. She's movin' on up! 

GTKY: What was your first job? It was at an elementary school after-school childcare. 
    1999 - Starting dating (in High School!)
    2005 - Got hitched
    2009 - Trying to grow our family...
    2017 - BFP!! Baby Declan born December 2017
    2019 - BFP!! Baby Girl EDD March 2020 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D3/20 13w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out on 9/28

Baby is the size of a(n): jalapeno

Upcoming appts: NT scan tomorrow!  9/28 is sex determination ultrasound, 10/11 midwife appt, 11/5 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Worse the past few days.  DH and my boys have all been sick this weekend and now its my turn, so I am even more exhausted than usual.

Cravings/Aversions: Still all the aversions, not much in the way of cravings.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just ready for some of that second tri energy/appetite now - please!

GTKY: What was your first job? I was a "barista" at a local coffee shop called Huckleberry's Coffee and Tea in high school.  When I say "barista" - most of my shifts were just coming in for an hour right around close to wash dishes and vacuum.  The store is long gone and I honestly left it off most of my resumes because of how useless the position was (and there being no company to call for reference anymore).
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/23, 13w

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: PINK!

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appts: 9/30 for monthly OB visit

How are you feeling?: Much better! Nausea is pretty much gone and I'm starting to have more energy again. And my sex drive seems to be returning! 

Cravings/Aversions: Been craving cream cheese the past week which is odd because I never eat it ever! Still grossed out by chicken and turkey. Although, steak makes me happy (so odd). 

Rants/Raves/Questions: We found at last week that we're team pink. I have one DS so I'm excited for this new experience! 

GTKY: What was your first job? Life guard.
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 18/ 13+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): potsticker 

Upcoming appts: next Thursday  

How are you feeling?: Hungry!! I haven’t really had any nausea so now that first tri is over I just want to eat. I am not able to eat a lot in one sitting so I’ve been eating small portions several times a day. On the days I work out I eat so many times. 

Cravings/Aversions: cravings: salad with all the fixings and red meat in any form. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: DD and I are both sick so that has effected us both. She is learning how to transition to preschool and that has been interesting. She loves it but is very strong willed so that has been a difficult switch for her. 

Not sure if this is a rant or a rave but I’m having mixed emotions about having a boy. I’m so happy we get to have a son, I just assumed we would always have girls. I feel like everyone is so excited that we are having a boy that I have to protect DD’s feelings and make sure she still feels important. Also I keep thinking about her being my only baby girl. Overall I’m just emotional about the whole thing. 

GTKY: What was your first job? Subway 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 17th 14 weeks! Hello 2nd trimester!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Peach

Upcoming appts: 9/30 just a checkup I think?

How are you feeling?: starting to feel a little better. Still have some nausea here and there! But definitely getting the headaches and Tylenol is not working much anymore..

Cravings/Aversions:  
    still can’t stand chicken. My biggest craving has been Taco Bell! But I just want and it’s what I get. Also the salad bar at work is delicious!
    Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Rant: my mom lives with us right now and I’m ready for some privacy. I wasn’t quite the nicest person last night and probably was a bit mean. DH has a new job he’s been working a lot and I really just miss him! 
    Oh and another rant so we’re doing a reveal in a few weeks. I think some family is mad they can’t come. Then I have friends telling other friends what I’m having even though only me and DH know. I hope everyone knows I won’t be talking about peanut around them now!! So upset about that!
    Raves: I am just thrilled to finally be in the second trimester! My bump is starting to show more too!

GTKY: What was your first job? 
    I was a cashier at a Food Lion
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 24/  13w0d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appts: 9/19 NT Bloodwork and scan

How are you feeling?: Tired, Acid reflux 

Cravings/Aversions:   Hot wings, sweet &sour desserts like Key lime pie or starbursts. No aversions

Rants/Raves/Questions: I can’t turn the bold lettering off 🤨  

GTKY: What was your first job? I worked at a Puppy Store 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    Just updated my name
  • Options
    But it’s not showing up so, I give up
  • Options
    @bygodsgrace20 I would be so mad if my friend was telling ppl before the gender reveal! Not their place to tell :angry:

@knottiecbb17cbf85a41ecb :D lol sorry you’re having technical difficulties. Are you on your phone? Maybe try a computer? Also try logging out and then back in. 

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 24 13w0d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): scoop of ice cream

Upcoming appts: nov 1 anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: Nausea and fatigue have died down, but the daily headaches are driving me crazy! 

Cravings/Aversions: Craving dairy (milk, yogurt, ice cream) and (veggie) sushi—and aversions to meat most days 

Rants/Raves/Questions: rave: my husband has been so supportive and excited! It’s so fun to see him like this. Rant: My MIL rolled her eyes at me when I said we weren’t sharing any of our name ideas.  Question: my doctor briefly mentioned the NT test and I said we’d do it if he recommended it, but then he kind of got wishy-washy and we never ended up scheduling it... what are your thoughts on it?

GTKY: What was your first job? old navy through high school and college—I still shop there all the time and love when it comes to coupons and sales 
  • Options
    @corgmom I’m paranoid and want as much info as possible so we did the NT. But statistically, it’s probably unnecessary. I wouldn’t worry if you skip it. 

• Options
    @corgmom I had the same question, though my OB hadn't mentioned it, I just keep seeing it here-- I went over what the company that did my genetics results says about the accuracy of their test, though, and I want to trust that the OB trusts the NIPT enough not to do an NT--she chose the most comprehensive version of the genetics test, like the best possible one, and it seems accurate enough to be trustworthy to me. I am also paranoid, though, but trying to relax now.

@knottiecbb17cbf85a41ecbLogging out and back in USUALLY does the trick, and sometimes we can see the change before you can? I still can't see it though currently. I wish I had no aversions!

@AAAG13 I can't wait to feel hungry instead of nauseated. My Mom said she felt sick with me ~the whole pregnancy~ though, soooooo I am in fear of such a thing. Seems.... crazy. Unlikely. Impossible! But why would she lie to meee.

@silverhope When I *have* a craving, it's same. So super specific, and then like--if I don't get that thing soon, the craving is gone pretty quickly. Sometimes in like an hour or so, sometimes in like day.

@kailanaeHope the NT goes well today!

kantobean Yesterday, I had a thai tea bubble tea (which is *like* black tea w/ cream, which is what i usually drink before we started TTC/got KU bc I don't do coffee) & I downed it in like 3 minutes. So delicious. I wanted 5 more.

EDD/W+D
    : 3/21 13w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out! team found-out. team i know and we're not telling yet.

Baby is the size of a(n): jalapeño

Upcoming appts: not til w16, except that i had to go in yesterday to give an additional urine sample so my ob could confirm whether or not the culture they found in there is something that i need to be medicated for/not. 

How are you feeling?: today I feel great. Genetic results came back as low-risk, and i am not feeling like total garbage. Two huge pluses.

Cravings/Aversions: No real cravings yet, mostly aversions. Can't do anything too spicy or too rich--garlic is disgusting to me, and anything that has a strong smell also. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: No Qs rn--I asked me question re: the UA results in the questions thread yesterday. As for rants, I'm just tired of being sick, even if it's on and off. Raves: I am THIS CLOSE to being done a final draft of my dissertation! Which is good since I have to submit to to my diss director tomorrow!

GTKY: What was your first job? Besides babysitting, I worked at a comic book store at the mall. Coolest uncool job ever.
  • Options
    @silverhope what is absolutely humorous is I haven’t shared with friends! Me and my husband know and you ladies know and the person who scanned me. It’s just frustrating. I still call baby by a neutral name. When I’m with DH I do say baby girl but not unless it’s just us! So frustrating! 
    @corgmom I’m doing any test that’s noninvasive. It’s gave me peace of mind knowing baby is low risk. However testing is preferred more to some people than other. If I had to pay I probably wouldn’t do it? Idk that’s just my opinion. For me they did a blood draw and some measurements on an US. Do anything you deem necessary for you and your baby! Don’t ever feel pressured one way or another! 
  • Options
    I’ve been MIA recently. Love reading updates!  

EDD/W+D
    : 3/18, 14wks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: undecided. Team green for my first two but leaning towards finding out this time! 

Baby is the size of a(n):  a lemon? 

Upcoming appts: I think 10/2 

How are you feeling?: much better the last two weeks. No more nausea but still tired! That is probably the two other kids. 

Cravings/Aversions:  no real aversions yet. Craving orange juice and apples. And then the random things I *have* to have in the moment. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Starting to tell more people, including colleagues and it’s feeling more real. I know I did this the last two times but I feel like I’m jinxing things by talking about it and starting to plan for a third! 

GTKY: What was your first job
    other then babysitting my first real job was at a school uniform store. The most boring summer of my life. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 3/22 13w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out around 20w (anatomy scan)

Baby is the size of a(n):  a jalapeño 

Upcoming appts: Have to book it!  Just switched practices last week and waiting for records to transfer.  Stressful to initiate a transfer but I feel SO much better with the new practice. 

How are you feeling?: pretty great.  I do realize I am super lucky to have minimal nausea. Tired in the afternoon but I feel like that when non pregnant too!

Cravings/Aversions:   avocado toast, brown rice, eggplant, cheeseburgers, anything covered in cholula. SO random 🤣

Rants/Raves/Questions:  rant: not even going to go there.. but my FIL!!!  Rave: my husband has been so sweet and helpful.  Questions: Eggs over easy, yay or nay?  Not a ton of yolk but a little?

GTKY: What was your first job
    Shampoo girl at a salon.  Just as glamorous as it sounds lol

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 18/ 14w3d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out 10/27

Baby is the size of a(n): beet

Upcoming appts: 10/3 (16 week), 10/21 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: I found my energy to get things done again. Time to get caught up around the house! Still dealing with tailbone/ sciatica but stretches and movement help. 

Cravings/Aversions: Depends on the day. Currently I’m craving chips and dip. Aversions seem to be getting better. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I want my baby bump to just pop already so I can get out of the awkward “chubby” stage and actually feel pregnant lol. 

GTKY: What was your first job? Umpire for little league.