March 2020 Moms
Options

GTKY - Favorite Halloween Costume

Inspired by the other thread. 

What was YOUR favorite Halloween costume? Bonus points for pictures!!!! 

Re: GTKY - Favorite Halloween Costume

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My best costume is my cruella deville costume. i like to be a new thing every year, but i've done this one twice now bc it's so good? I won a costume contest with it lol at my friend's party, where i walked around asking everyone how their dogs were & if I could see them soon. I LOVE being villains! I don't have a good enough pic, but the costume is MADE by my nana's very real, luscious silver fox fur coat she GAVE to me when I asked her if I could borrow it for this costume. 

• Options
    My gym favorite costume was probably when I dressed up as Poison Ivy. I don’t have a picture of it on my phone bc it was before I got an iPhone. 

The only time I got DH to dress up with me we were Vampire Bill and Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood. He only agreed bc all he needed to buy were cheap vampire fangs lol

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    keeksie84keeksie84 member
    edited September 2019
    My best costume that I can find a picture of was from when I worked in elementary school and I dressed up as Skippyjon Jones.  

• Options
    @miss.sally Your Brittney is perfection!  I was 2007 VMA Brittney once - the year everyone called her fat.  It was my weird angsty feminist commentary about society, lol.  Thankfully, I don't have a picture from that night!!
  • Options
    @varimama Yes! Love the Bill & Sookei! i was Lorena from True Blood one year! I got a dress just like one she wears in one ep when she's covered in blood. DH was a TB vamp, too, probably Bill, but I forget. He doesn't like being specific characters bc he hates when ppl are like "wait who are you?" He will only be very recognizable ones or, like, categories.
  • Options
    My husband is not in to Halloween, so all of my greatest costumes happened in college before meeting him - also, in a sorority, so the bar was high AF and you had to have at least 3-4 ideas a year. The most involved though was when I did lady gaga after I found this amazing beaded belly dancing bra that reminded me of some of her poker face costuming, so I made (hot glued) rhinestone heels and sunglasses and wore leather leggings lol

I also have quite a few that would now be considered cultural appropriation so I won't share (theme was dress as a holiday and I picked cinco de mayo). 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    keeksie84keeksie84 member
    edited September 2019
    @lemonlove86 My current district does not allow anyone to dress up for Halloween and it's sooooo sad!  I think I might still dress up like a "VSCO girl" as a low key costume.  I just learned what a VSCO girl is, and my students are obsessed with them, so I think they'd get a kick out of it.  I'm 99% sure I can pull it off without getting in trouble!

Edited for missing words. 
  • Options
    @keeksie84 that would be hilarious!!! I recently downloaded Tiktok so I could really be with the trends lol- that’s where I learned about VSCO girls. I work in elementary buildings so we’re not quite there with the trends yet lol. I can’t believe puka (sp?) shells are back!!
  • Options
    @keeksie84 Aw man, that sucks that your district doesn't allow dressing up!  Reminds me of my elementary school growing up, which was a religious school so there was a strict NO CELEBRATING HALLOWEEN policy that I despised (and still hate).  I LOVE your idea for being a VSCO girl.  I had to Google what that was because I'm apparently old...  :D 
  • Options
    MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited September 2019
    I LOVE Halloween and try to dress up each year.  One year, my husband and I were the Joker and Harley Quinn!  The year before that, I was Wolverine.  Before that, I was a Ninja Turtle.  Usually I just dress up as a bat because I have a fleece onesie that has bat wings and it's super warm and lovely.  It's awesome for when I get to dress up at work, lol.

Harley Quinn (the only picture from that night):

Wolverine:

Bat:

Ninja Turtle: