January 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 9/16

2»

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 9/16

• @dalexrn hopefully everyone can get on the same page soon! 

• @marebear15 I'm sorry you're still feeling nauseated!  I'm pretty much fine throughout the day but every time I brush my teeth I'm done for the count so I can't imagine how you feel.  I hope you start feeling better soon!
    @kbrown2385 Yes, I'm wanting all the salty things too!
    @schreibaby The ultrasound weight measurements are not 100% accurate.  They were worried that my DD1 was too small and she was average size at birth at 7pounds 2 ounces.  I wouldn't stress too much about it.
    @stashattack you will never stop changing your mind about baby stuff.  You might even get your registry item and hate it once you get it.  Honestly a lot of it in my opinion is just personal preference.  I suggest if you have the means to go to a big baby store and look/touch/feel all the baby stuff you're interested it.
    @MrsJessS My first two were both anterior placentas.  I felt a lot of low and side movement.  I could feel a lot of rolling movement but not a lot of kicks.  This is my first posterior placenta and everything is still low (baby was breech at ultrasound) but I'm not noticing a big difference.

EDD/Weeks + Days:  Jan 24th 21+5

Baby is the size of a(n):  A carrot!!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green

Upcoming Appointments:  I have a normal 22 week appointment this Friday

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  Pretty decent.  I've got heartburn but medicine helps if I remember to take that.  I'm constantly hungry and its a battle to not just eat all damn day.

Rants/Raves: I'm just tired.  I thought I'd have more energy by now but nope I'm tired and it's frustrating that I just don't want to do anything.

Questions:  Not yet.

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why?  I took a couple years of french in high school.  I could probably read a few things but I'd love to be able to speak it fluently.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @FyreFlyeRush I don't think there is anything I miss more after being diagnosed as a Celiac than a pumpkin scone from Starbucks with maybe the exception of my grandma's cinnamon rolls! I don't like PSL but those scones!
  • How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I was in the bathroom at work and someone put Pumpkin Spice Cupcake hand soap in there. It smelled so good. I immediately wanted a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Horror QUICKLY dawned as I realized...I'm CRAVING PUMPKIN SPICE. I detest all things pumpkin spice unless it's IN a pie! But, I want it in EVERYTHING!!!! And have for about 3 weeks. On an apple. On an orange. In my iced tea. Bread. Pie. Spam. I don't even LIKE Spam, but I find myself wanting Pumpkin Spice Spam. I'm so ashamed and horrified and also heading to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice scone and latte. 
    Bhaha!  Welcome to the dark side, we have pumpkin-spice EVERYTHING!  (I say as someone who has always loved, and continues to love anything and everything pumpkin spice).
  • @marebear15 that's awesome! Thanks for sharing the organizer!

@FyreFlyeRush I love pumpkin flavors in fall and especially in baked goods, but PSL is just too sweet for me. But their scone? Yes please!!

@DalexRN I'm sorry your OB appointment raised more questions than it answered. Hopefully they call you back soon with better information. 
  • @FyreFlyeRush - Starbucks pumpkin spice cold brew is amazing too!
  • @FyreFlyeRush - Starbucks pumpkin spice cold brew is amazing too!
    I know!!!! My SO makes coffee with cardamon, and I think that's what started the whole spiced coffee thing. But, the pumpkin spice coffee craze started when I was at Barnes and Noble and the barista was giving samples of the cold crew to everyone. I was so perfect. I only have it one in awhile, because you can't get it decaf.