Trouble TTC

TTTC Check-in: 09/16/2019

hithertoruehithertorue member
edited September 2019 in Trouble TTC
Hi ladies,

Taking a break from catching up on emails after being away from work last week!

Hope everyone had a great week last week! I'll try to catch up on everything I missed tonight.😊

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: If you could become a character from a book or TV show (and be immersed in their world), what character would you choose to be? 
Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@b_1029 - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

FRIENDS REJOINING US AND NEWCOMERS:

To be added to our weekly roll call, please provide the following:

1.  Briefly introduce yourself (or reintroduce yourself), if you didn't post a separate introduction post.

2.  What is your diagnosis? (Dx)

3.  What is your treatment plan? (Rx)

Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022

Re: TTTC Check-in: 09/16/2019

• Happy Monday all!
    @hithertorue hope you had a great trip and were able to relax. 

QOTW: My first instinct is Samantha from Bewitched, not because I want to live in her world but because I really want her power — twitch my nose and have everything I want done, that would be amazing 😆 

Rants — I hate the trigger shots. They never get any easier for me. I am so scared of needles and doing it at home is just really hard on me. Also my dishwasher is still broken — waiting on a part and it’s taking forever. 

I have my IUI early tomorrow morning. Really hoping this is the one! 
  • @hithertorue I hope your break was great! Catching up on all the work emails is the worst. 

@2dogsmom keeping everything crossed that the IUI tomorrow is it! It is hard doing the trigger shots at home, I agree. Do you get a lot of pain at the injection site after? Sorry to hear your dishwasher is still broken. Blah. 

QOTW: oh gosh...I would have to say anyone from Friends or HIMYM. I could use that humor and close knit friendships in my daily life! 

Rants/raves- @hithertorue you can update my Rx because my husband has officially agreed to an IUI this month! I’m excited, but don’t want to get too hopeful since I know 1 IUI doesn’t always work. I don’t have a ton of rants that I haven’t said already- my cousin is TTC her 2nd and I have a gut feeling she’s already pregnant on their 1st month. I decided I don’t want to go home for thanksgiving if I’m not KU because I honestly don’t think I can handle knowing she has been pregnant twice in the time I’ve been trying for #1. I just assume she’ll announce then- worst case scenario much? Haha. Luckily DH is on board with my plan. I truly think my cousin tries to be supportive but always ends up just coming off smug about her fertility.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 yay re IUI! Glad hubby is on board and it’s a good next step. Sorry about your cousin — I have a friend like that, I’ve been avoiding her since she told me she was pregnant with #2, apologized I wasn’t pregnant yet, then launched into a whole story about how hard it was to be pregnant because she was so tired and yet still had to take care of her first kid....

So my update today is a real negative one .... went in for IUI and it took forever for them to call me back after hubby did his thing (normally it’s about 45 mins because they do a wash and today it was way over an hour). Basically for whatever reason this month (still trying to figure out why) there were almost no sperm and they were running tests to make sure they were not just missing them somehow. My doctor didn’t see a point in doing the IUI and kindly agreed not to charge me for the visit, and I’m sure that was the right call but feeling pretty crushed. Hubby had already left for work so nothing to be done. We’ve never had a male factor issue before so I feel like we have yet another hurdle. The last 2 IUIs had normal sperm count so hoping it is just a fluke but having a really rough morning. Trying to stay busy at work and not think but feeling so sad. 
  • Oh gosh @2dogsmom I am so sorry to hear your update. I hope you get some answers soon as to what could’ve happened. Seems odd that the sperm would be fine before and none this time. I don’t pretend to know anything about all of that but seems like a strange drop. Did the doctor give you all any next steps?
  • Hi ladies,

I haven't got a chance to read back on last week very much but I had to jump in...

@2dogsmom huge hugs, I am so so sorry that has happened to you! I can only imagine how upset and frustrated and defeated and angry you might be.... so many emotions.

My DH had something kind of similar happen in January with the one survival test he had done. Prior ones had been fine then suddenly that one test the survival rate was only 4% after 8 hours, which makes it near impossible to fertilize naturally or through IUI. A repeat test a couple months later was totally reversed. 

I share that to maybe give you a little hope that sperm tests can be really varied like that and maybe they will be able to give a reason but more like than not it was just a crappy, fluke of a thing with the worst timing.  I do hope your clinic discusses these results with you further and maybe brings YH back for a check sample in a few days so if there is anything maybe you can get it sorted out within this cycle. 

Major hugs, and please feel free to vent as much as you like, we are here for you! I'll check in a bit more frequently today/tomorrow.❤❤
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Thanks to both of you for the support! It sucks being close to tears at work all day — just so frustrated and this hurt even worse than the last couple of negatives. Very happy I have a place to vent with people who get it.
    @hithertorue that is helpful to hear about your DH having fluctuations like that — different tests but hopefully it’s something similar. They had my hubby make an appointment with a different doctor who specializes more with male infertility so we will see what comes from that. Thanks again for being here. 
  • @2dogsmom that is really good they've booked YH in to see a Dr (probably an andrologist). Something so sudden like that might be something also easily solved. FX and prayers for you. Being at work and totally consumed by something like that is THE. WORST. THING. EVER. It's why I dread doing the beta test midweek bc I sit there all morning waiting for a call totally emotional and distracted and then following the call again totally emotional and distracted. Ugh!
  • @hithertorue yes mid-week test results suck! I hate what a mess it makes me.  My whole day has been awful— had to work late and then got home and ended up in a fight with DH over stupid stuff and I just need this week to be over!
  • hithertoruehithertorue member
    edited September 2019
    @2dogsmom - hope you're a bit better off today? Still sending you some good vibes as I think of you today. I'm sure you're just totally emotionally wiped.  <3 And DH and i tend to find silly things to get snippy about when we have had a bad/emotional day with IF. The guys may not talk about it but they feel it and it usually comes out in their mood. 

@b_1029 - updated your Rx to IUI! Glad YH agreed to give it a shot! FX for you! And sounds like a completely reasonable plan for Thanksgiving. I think you've got to look out for your own wellbeing mentally just like you wouldn't go to a family get together if half the people had the flu! Lol same same in my book. I even shut down my social media for a while when I was really struggling seeing announcements and that was the best thing I ever did! So way to go on knowing what is best for you, even if it turns out she isn't and doesn't announce.

@inthewoods23 hope you're hanging in there. When do you test? 

QOTW: I loved your answers! What Friends character? Haha Joey? Good food all the time?! 😂 I'm a bit Outlander junkie, so I think I might be Claire! Also, how cool to travel back/forth in time. 
    Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Been a bit of a rollercoaster week.

We had an ok week off, not as much relaxing as we hoped because the second half of the week was for a wedding that we ended up helping out quite a lot more than we had anticipated. But it was good to be away and with friends and not entirely thinking about the TWW. Obviously I couldn't completely disconnect. 

I decided to home test on Monday because I wanted to give us a couple days before the scheduled Beta this morning to talk about next steps if it was negative. It was negative and started spotting Monday and cramps and AF yesterday afternoon. We were between a cycle off or a 6th and final IUI or IVF. The clinic said they wouldn't want me to do an entirely off cycle, they preferred if I kept monitoring at least and probably do a TI with a trigger. So if I am going to that much trouble i figured our only two options then were really another IUI or moving on to IVF.

Both DH and I figured after 5 IUI we were feeling equally anxious to just get results so we are going to take the plunge. 

And the nurse put it in good perspective for me. 2 rough weeks and then the hard part is over, if all goes well. I can handle that. I might cry about it, but I can do it.

So here we go! @2dogmom, I can keep you posted about all the steps since you say you might be into IVF next. 

Friday is Day 3 US and BW. And I start both the Gonal-F and Menopur injections, I think.

@inthewoods23 and @nancinator - If you have any tips, also happy to hear them. I'm now somewhat used to the injections from puregon, but not sure if these are all belly ones or if some of them are the IM injections where I might need DH's help.
  • @hithertorue both the Menopur and Gonal-F are subcuteanous! The trigger before the ER is the only IM injection I had.

My FET has been nothing but IM injections! I'm basically a pro now.

Beta Friday! Tested Monday and it was negative so I'm hoping he took his sweet time implanting.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @hithertorue definitely feeling a little better, though I was so tired yesterday it was all I could do to make it through— ended up asleep on the couch by 7:30, which I’m sure was in part from all the emotions. 

I’ll be super interested in your IVF journey — we were supposed to do this IUI and IVF next cycle if this was a negative. Given the circumstances we are going to try IUI next month (unless hubby’s Dr finds a reason not to) and then if that’s not successful probably move to IVF ... will have to work out some timing details but feels like we will be there fairly soon. Good luck with this beginning process! I hope it goes smoothly for you!!

@inthewoods23 getting so close! FX and lots of positive thoughts for Friday!! 
  • @inthewoods23 thanks for the info! I feel better. I'm nervous about the IM injections. Do they feel different? And you're able to do solo or DH does them? I think I would be better doing my own if I can! 

Everything is crossed for you for tomorrow and putting the positive vibes out there for you! 🙏🤞

@2dogsmom - sounds like me yesterday I could not focus at all at work. DH had a massage booked and let me steal it so I had my massage and had an early night and feeling a little better now today. Getting a bit nervous for tomorrow and just hoping first scan/levels/counts and injections tomorrow go well. 😳

Do you have an appointment booked yet for YH? Hopefully all goes well and you can do your IUI next cycle as planned and it's the one!
  • @hithertorue oh yeah, the IM injections by yourself are totally doable. I hold the syringe like you would and epi pen since the PIO moves really slow (it is a 25 gauge needle). I twist at the waist so I can see my lower back area, lean slightly forward on the opposite leg so the leg below the injection side is relaxed and stick it in. The poke feels the same as the subcutaneous ones, the needle is just longer since it has to reach further in to the muscle. Even if the needle is moving around a little it's not uncomfortable, but you might be more likely to bleed a bit.  Always have gauze ready!! The bleeding does stop pretty quickly. So don't think you have to have a bandaid on to stop the bleeding. Using the gauze for a few seconds is enough to slow it down. If it's still bleeding a little I use the bandaid.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • edited September 2019
    @inthewoods23 FX for you today! thinking about you and praying for you.

@2dogsmom i'm so sorry to hear about your week. :( but hey, it is Friday now! i hope this weekend brings some relaxation and relief. when does YH see a doctor? hoping you can get some answers soon.

@b_1029 i can completely understand about your reservations for Thanksgiving! you have to do what is best for you and your mental and emotional health.

@hithertorue sorry about your BFN but yay for moving on to IVF! i'm excited for you and proud of you! it's not an easy step to take!

QOTW: If you could become a character from a book or TV show (and be immersed in their world), what character would you choose to be? ooohh @hithertorue i just started watching Outlander and it is amazing!! but i think i would have to pick Doctor Who and be one of his/her companions. i'm a redhead so i've always been partial to Amy and Donna. :) 
    Any Rants/Raves from this past week? my BIL who just turned 18 stayed with us last week before he leaves for Peru for two years for a church mission. it was awesome to spend time with him, but he spent most of his time texting and/or facetiming his girlfriend (he's known her for 4 months) and telling her he loves her and it just made me mad/stressed me out. he's too young to think that! he doesn't know what love is! and then i started thinking that if DH and i have boys, idk if i will be able to deal with that kind of thing. i dont want to be a buzzkill or a jerk but hes 18 and never had a girlfriend before, he's just infatuated, not in love. but you cant really tell your BIL that so ugh it was just stressful haha. just a few more weeks until he is in Peru and then he wont be able to contact her except through email once per week, so hopefully thatll quell the craziness, haha. maybe thats super mean of me. 

AFM: not much new. ive been having some random cramps and my acne is flaring up again. im also super emotional....i started crying watching Jane the Virgin (love that show) and it just spiraled into crying about the most random things, ending with me saying my cat doesnt like me and DH said "he loves you! he cuddles with you every night!" to which i responded through sobs "thats just because of my high body temperature" and DH just lost it and was laughing at me so hard hahaha. so ya, my hormones are doing something, but who knows what since we are still on our break. 

you ladies are the best! i hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• I’m here anxiously waiting to hear how today went @inthewoods23 FX and lots of positive thoughts!

Also @hithertorue how was your appointment?! Did you start meds?

@knockupthestock yikes re crazy hormones— hopefully it’s a good thing and you will ovulate? Sorry about your BIL — he is a kid but it feels like love to him. He will learn. Good luck! 
  • @inthewoods23 have been thinking of you! 🤞

@knockupthestock - oooh, Doctor Who! I haven't got a chance to dig into it! Did you watch from the beginning or start with a specific Doctor??
    I had a crazy hormones kinda night last night. I think just all the overthinking and anxiety from starting this week just hit me all at once when DH went out for a couple hours last night and I had a huge blub-fest. I felt better after though so it clearly needed out. Better to let it out even if it doesn't make sense!!

@2dogsmom - thanks for thinking of me! 😊 I had my appointment yesterday. I didn't even go look at the follicle count because i usually throw out a few more after Day 3. I'll be interested to see what's happening by Day 6 (Monday).

Meds-wise: I started off with 75IU Menopur injections (subcutaneous in the belly) in the morning. It's one that you mix yourself and use a regular style syringe instead of a pen. Once I'm used to the prep I think it will be easy. I find it a bit stingy if I go too fast, but otherwise, the injection part is do-able! 

And then I do 300IU Gonal-F in the evening which is a pen like the puregon I used in my IUI's and the trigger shots. I'm glad the evening is a pen because we have a family wedding to go to tonight and I'll be doing this in the car. Fun times. 

@inthewoods23 pro question for you if you happen to be around! What's with leaving a 1ml air gap in the menopur syringe and yet telling you to get all the little air bubbles out.... I was just kinda ears buzzing when the nurse was walking me through it all yesterday so I didn't register to ask why to leave an air gap.... that didn't make any sense when I was doing it again today. Am I injecting everything including the air gap?
  • @hithertorue my trigger shots I have to mix a powder with 1ml of sterile solution. Sounds like the process is similar to your med — I was kind of overwhelmed when I started so I found a video online for my exact medication that walked me through the process. Might be worth looking for if our experts here aren’t around or didn’t do theirs the same way.

If this helps/sounds similar to yours I am supposed to suck in 1ml of air and insert it into the sterile solution bottle, this pressure helps make it easier to get all the solution. Then, I keep pulling after I have to solution and have a 1ml air gap when I depress into the powder. Again, inserting this pressure makes it easier to get everything. I gently roll my bottle to mix the powder and liquid then I suck the new mixture back into the syringe, this time with no air gap. I switch needles (they give me a larger gage for all the mixing) and I tap on it to get all the tiny air bubbles out. Then I push on the syringe just enough so it starts to bubble then clean the spot on my belly really fast, and stick it in (will I make hubby stick it in). Have to push it in fairly slowly too.  

I’m guessing your air gap is like mine, for mixing and pulling the liquid in, but definitely good to get clarification!! 

Glad it’s going well otherwise. 

@inthewoods23 I have been thinking of you non-stop and sending tons of positive vibes. 
  • @2dogsmom thanks for the tips!! And knowing the reason for the air gap totally helped! One video I watched they left the air gap and forced it to the plunger side the way they held it. But I very slowly read the drug company's instructions and while they don't talk about an air gap during the mixing or drawing up process for the injection process they get you to draw back the syringe so there's a gap and flick to remove bubbles then they force the air out until the solution forms a drop at the tip, then ready.

Between those 2 things I did much better today and felt more confident!

Except I hit a blood vessel and it bleed like crazy after, so that one will probably bruise. 
  • @hithertorue glad it was a bit easier today but yikes re blood vessel!! Hopefully tomorrow goes even better.