Group 2: May 9-16 Check-In week of 9/16

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl?
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Group 2: May 9-16 Check-In week of 9/16

• EDD: May 14 (5+4)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): No. 2 Pencil eraser

Upcoming appointments: Sept 24 for a pregnancy consultation. I think we will just go over thyroid stuff and talk about early testing for GD

How are you feeling? I am feeling overall great, which gives me anxiety. I don't have the typical symptoms (nausea and fatigue) so I get worried, but I do have several other symptoms. Acne all over my chin, more thirsty and hungry, excess saliva, RLP, shortness of breath, and peeing more.

Raves/Rants: My results from my thyroid labs came in, but then I realized they were skewed because some of my supplements have biotin in them. But we decided to go off my thyroid meds for 2 weeks and retest. I think things must be ok, because I am not getting any of my typical Hypo symptoms! I ordered a new prenatal to avoid the biotin for the next round of testing.

Questions: Nothing

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? I am a total early bird! But I do find it hard to wake up any earlier than 5:30. My usual time is between that and 6 am. Once I wake up, I am up. I can get right into getting shit done.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I'm right there with you on symptoms. What I wouldn't give for some steady (but manageable) nausea. 

EDD: May 14th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple seed

Upcoming appointments: US on the 23rd.

How are you feeling? Okay. Bloated and peeing a lot. Plus my boobs are tender and I'm exhausted. Bring on all the symptoms!

Raves/Rants: I'm up early and ready for work and a colleague just text me that the power is out. I have things I need to do today, so this is not welcome news.

Questions:  Nope 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird all the way. I'm pretty chipper when I wake up, too. It drives MH crazy.
  • Loading the player...

• EDD: May 12th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): orange seed 

Upcoming appointments: sept 30th

How are you feeling? Have had some cramping. Feeling tired. Have to travel for work tomorrow to Thursday and stressing a bit. There are sure to be some looks when I’m not drinking. 

Raves/Rants: Wish I didn’t have to travel this week. Something about having a small one at home just makes me never want to leave. But I guess it will be nice to see some co-workers I don’t see in person much. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Used to be a night owl. But now I find that I really need to get stuff done early or it doesn’t get done. So maybe I’m becoming an early bird (shudder!)
  • EDD: 16 May

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a... Apple Seed

Upcoming Appointments: 25 September 

How are you feeling? Currently sick after morning sickness just hit really hard. Overall? Nauseous, tired. 

Rants/Raves: My MIL is pulling another one of her infamous, SIL’s grandchildren are the favorites, again. It makes me even more ragey knowing I’m pregnant again. Today should be an easyish day. MH has doctor appointments and labs and we have a friend’s farewell this afternoon. 

Questions: Not yet

Are you an early bird or a night owl? Neither? I like to be in bed by 9 pm and asleep before 10 and I hate mornings. I am not functional before 7/8 am really. Haha. I love sleep and my kids don’t so we all suffer. 😜
  • @m6agua I hope the hypo symptoms stay away! Good luck with being off the meds and the upcoming lab test.

@ruby696 boo! Hopefully they figure the power out soon.

@adventuresawait1 I hate leaving my S too! I would just love to stay home with him all the time.

EDD: May 14

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed

Upcoming appointments: 9/23 us, 10/8 ob appt

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I'm starting to get the exhaustion, not bad yet, but I definitely feel more tired. I'm super thirsty all the time and I only get nausea when I'm super hungry, which feels like every 2 hours. And holy moly the weird dreams! They are nuts. Last night I was a part of a big movement in some crazy cult, the night before I was an international spy...

Raves/Rants: I had a pretty nice shopping weekend away, but I missed my S and H sooo much.

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl?
    Mostly early bird, but not like super early. I get up around 6:15 and, especially on the weekends, feel like I can get motivated and get more shit done.

• @m6agua ((shudders)) 6 am and you are productive?! Lol. You have lots of symptoms even if it’s not nausea and being tired. I understand wanting the reassurance but those are some good symptoms. 

@ruby696 another early bird? Lol. I hope the power comes back on pretty quickly. 

@adventuresawait1 I hope your work trip goes fast! 
  • @splashmountain that meme describes my life perfectly 😂
  • @mdfarmchick lol, that meme is me right now too! And I'm sorry about inlaw favoritism. It's that way with my own mother and it bugs me to no end!
  • @splashmountain ugh. I just don’t understand how you could possibly have favorite grandchildren. But MH said they had a favorite child growing up too so I guess? I’m sorry you are dealing with it too. 
  • EDD: May 10 (my midwife has me tentatively at May 8, but I think I Oed late.) 

Baby is the size of a(n): pea

Upcoming appointments: Had my intake phone call this past Friday and my midwife from my last pregnancy called me right away, she is super nice and excited I’m pregnant again. I’ll still see her even though I will most likely have a C-section. First ultrasound is October 3, looking forward to that.  

How are you feeling? Tired, nausea has started but it is different than it was with DD, sore boobs, insomnia, peeing more regularly, smelling all the things. Going to start taking b6 to see if that helps with the nausea. 

Raves/Rants: DH’s work schedule is always crazy in the fall and he is going to be gone a lot overnight this week. Just hoping that DD will adjust to that change well, usually she struggles with her sleep when DH isn’t home, she’s a very big daddy’s girl. 

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? I’m an early bird. I’m much more likely to be productive in the morning and prefer it. I like to be in bed by 9pm most nights. 
  • @pilotwife6 if you don’t mind me asking, why do you think you will have a c-section? I ended up with one last time (technically they called it elective, but considering the doctors recommended it at that point, 36 hours in, not sure how that happened...FTM and DD was 9 lbs...) I’m not sure about VBAC vs c-section since I didn’t make it happen last time. 
  • @mdfarmchick are the favorite grandkids the ones belonging to MILs daughter? I have done some reading on mother’s who favor the children of their daughters over the children of their sons. My paternal grandmother only had one boy (my dad) and 3 girls and my mom always felt the other grandkids were favored but I didn’t know/feel that way til I was much older and realized all the “family” events I had been left out of. I was close to both sides of my family but closer to my moms and probably still am. That would be hard to see happen to your own children. DH is an only child (kind of, his moms only child, his dad’s second marriage, his sibs are my parents age so kind of awkward sometimes) 

EDD: 5/14

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming appointments: oct 17 for US and bloodwork, nov 1 for appointment with midwife, will switch to OB after since I will most likely have a repeat C

How are you feeling? Super brain foggy, very fatigued, sometimes lightly nauseous. 

Raves/Rants: I have to work for at least a few hours 7 of the next 8 days. I am really hoping DS naps this afternoon so I can nap too! 

Questions: are my appointments the latest of this group? Nov 1 seems like a really long time to wait! 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Used to be a night owl but lately I would say... neither? I am forced to get up early but prefer to wake up slow and have a quiet morning with coffee and low volume news on tv. I can’t do running shouting children first thing in the morning lol! But I am definitely one of the most pleasant/happy between my coworkers in the morning. I can’t stay up past 11 most days, even when I’m not KU. 
  • EDD: May 13 based on LMP, but I Oed earlier and babies are virtually always early at high altitude, so we'll see

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: My husband wants to find out and I don't, we'll see on that as well

Baby is the size of a(n): Dot Snail

Upcoming appointments:  early scan tomorrow, hoping it's not too early to see anything, last time we found out our pregnancy likely wasn't viable at the early scan, so praying for good news tomorrow, excited and terrified

How are you feeling? high anxiety, insomnia is slowly killing me, periodic cramping sends me down a train of bad thoughts, but my breasts finally hurt which makes me feel better about life because they were killing me last pregnancy

Raves/Rants: I am getting a new mattress today!  I am sooooo excited.  I hate my mattress and have neck problems so I hope this will help, and I hope that if it's comfy it will help combat the insomnia!

Questions:  

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl?  early bird, I cannot accomplish anything after work at the end of the day, everything happens in the morning.  If I don't get up and do something first thing in the morning I feel as if I've wasted my whole day.
  • I guess I posted too soon. I started getting a little nausea about 30 minutes ago. It's lunch time so I am eating, but the smell of my food is disgusting and chewing is not fun. Although... it is all minor, not too overbearing. I'd be ok if this sticks around the whole time to calm me down.

@ruby696 I hope the power went back on!
    @mdfarmchick That is frustrating about your MIL and favorites! Yup, I'm productive. Saturday I woke up at 5:30 am and worked on our bills and budget, folded some laundry, and made myself coffee all before DD woke up at 7:00!
    @splashmountain Those are some intense dreams!
    @pirateduck Yay for a new mattress! I hope it helps.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua "Glad" your nausea arrived! That's great that your thyroid is behaving right now.

@ruby696 oh no! I hope the power came back on. 

@adventuresawait1 I hope your travels go well (and go by quickly!).

@mdfarmchick ugh that's really annoying about your MIL. I'm sorry.

@splashmountain Did you get anything fun while shopping!?

@pilotwife6 Is there a reason fall is a busier season? I hope your DD does well this week.  :)

@JStill0603 Hope you got to nap today!

@pirateduck All the good vibes and fx for your US tomorrow!! I am also having pretty regular cramping. Enjoy your new mattress!

EDD: 5/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Pencil Eraser

Upcoming appointments: Nurse visit tomorrow and first prenatal/US 10/4

How are you feeling? Pretty nauseous (that still comes and goes a bit), exhausted, and emotional. I'm so much more relieved now that I'm feeling some more symptoms. 

Raves/Rants: No motivation at work.... lol. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? I lean towards early bird but if I had the choice I would probably stay up a little later and sleep in a little more. But I'm usually up before 6 these days so try to be in bed before 10.
  • EDD: May 14th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Id like to believe team green, but we will definitely be team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): dot snail 

Upcoming appointments: next Monday, first ultrasound will be at 6W4D

How are you feeling? I felt nauseous all weekend, but I’m feeling better today. 

Raves/Rants: I have never had problems sleeping through the night, but now I’m up all night long! 😭

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Always been an early bird, seems to be earlier with this pregnancy so far! I don’t function well at night.
  • @rachelg777 DH is a corporate pilot so it seems that in the fall all the executives have more meetings etc. plus they are trying to finish things up for the year. Once the holidays roll around things will slow down significantly, I’m looking forward to that. 
  • @pilotwife6 ah okay that makes sense! Glad things will slow down for you guys at the holidays, though!
  • EDD: May 9th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! Assuming all goes well I might order the sneak peek at home test

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea/ dried corn kernel 

Upcoming appointments: oct 4th is my first appt at almost 9 weeks 

How are you feeling? Super lethargic and fatigued, sore boobs. Nausea with coffee or tea. 

Raves/Rants: I’m in nursing school right now and I feel overwhelmed with exams and clinicals and working. 

Questions: I can’t think of anything 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird! I can’t stay up late at all. If i have to, I wake up at 4am to study vs staying up until 2am or something. 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • @pirateduck I've never heard about high altitude babies coming early.  Interesting! Where are you located? 

EDD: May 11

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out for sure

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean according to the What to Expect app which seems a little bigger than all the other apps and everyone else's information this week, but it's fun anyway so we'll go with it

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow is my first appointment.  I assume it'll be like last pregnancy just an office visit to discuss the do's and dont's etc maybe an exam? The US probably will be scheduled separately, but hoping for this week!

How are you feeling? a little nausea, but so far popsicles and preggie pop drops are helping.  The last few days I've been very gassy feeling in the evening to the point I don't really want dinner but eat a little something anyway.

Raves/Rants: My daughter's birthday party was yesterday so I'm done stressing about getting everything ready for that.  But now this week we have her 2 year pictures on Friday which I don't have any clothes picked out for yet, and her actual birthday is Saturday.  Hoping the weather is decent to do the zoo or something fun.

Questions: none right now

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? I'm with @splashmountain on the pigeon thing right now haha I typically prefer to stay up later, but I'm definitely more productive in the morning.  And of course being pregnant I just want to sleep all the time right now.
  • @rachelg777 Good luck tomorrow!

@bender29 I have an US next Monday, too! I'm super nervous. I hope the week flies by for you and you have a great US.

@rnstudentbsn I can't imagine nursing school while pregnant. Hang in there!
  • @bananapanda I'm in the mountains in Colorado and my house is at 10,000ft. above sea level!
    Also, unfortunately, I second being gassy in the evenings, I think it is a huge contributor to my insomnia.
  • @JStill0603 yes. They also live in the same hometown they grew up in and we live across the country so I’m sure proximity plays a factor. I mostly try to let it go and not get upset but I know the boys will see it eventually and that breaks my heart. I’m really sorry you had that too. I hope my kids don’t notice but I think they will. The best part is MH’s dad claims his mother plays favorites with her kids and grandkids and that he and his kids weren’t the favorites and then the two of my ILs do the same thing to their own family. 

@pirateduck interesting about babies coming early at higher altitudes. I hope you have a reassuring scan tomorrow. And new mattresses are the best. We paid way too much for one three years ago and I’m still loving it with no regrets. 

@rachelg777 I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you find your motivation. 

@m6agua at least the nausea is somewhat reassuring? 

@bender29 glad you are feeling a little better. The insomnia sucks. I woke up at 0430 this morning when DS1 jumped in our bed and never did fall back asleep. 😐

@rnstudentbsn good luck with nursing school! That’s got to be a lot in the first trimester. 

@bananapanda I hope your DD enjoyed her party. And I’m sure you have plenty of time to figure out outfits for pictures on Friday. Glad the preggie pops are working. 
  • EDD: May 9

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: Sept 23rd

How are you feeling? So thankful to be feeling sick. Ha Not so nauseated that I can’t function, but enough to encourage me that the pregnancy is progressing. (I’ve reached the feeling carsick while driving, must keep gum, water or snacks around point of my pregnancy)

Raves/Rants: We’re waiting to tell my family and it was so hard not being able to explain my super-emotional-hormonal self while visiting with them this past week. 😬

Questions: none

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? early bird all the way

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Do you think we are all early bird converts because we are moms? Or were you all always this happy in the morning? 😂 DH is still so mean in the mornings.... my sister can’t believe I am the pleasant one in my house! 
  • @JStill0603 MH is super grumpy when he has to wake up early. I tell him he's "slow" to wake up because that's nicer than telling him he's being an asshat. DD wakes up like DH and DS is a morning person like me. So I think it's inherited to a degree. And also necessary for moms, since toddlers like to wake up at the crack of dawn. 😕
  • @JStill0603 I've always been an early bird. I can stay up late too, but only if I am doing stuff and I don't stop. The second I stop, I am done and exhausted. DH is such a night owl and like @ruby696 H, he is so grumpy when he has to get up early. In fact for the longest time I would refuse to wake him up because he was such a jerk. Now I just have DD wake him up and he cannot be a jerk to her.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• EDD: May 13 based on LMP, but I Oed earlier and babies are virtually always early at high altitude, so we'll see
    ^^this is a thing? I never knew high altitude babies were always early...how weird.
  • @m6agua If I could take the snooze button away from MH, I would do it in a heartbeat. He'll push it like four times. For years I kept telling him to just set his alarm for the time he really needs to get up because I don't appreciate his alarm repeatedly waking me up. I finally told him that I would kill him if it happened one more time. I must have sounded serious, because he hasn't done it since. 😆
  • MH can’t manage to set his own alarm and get up with it. He has to be at work at 6am so he gets up early but he’ll set his alarm at a level the neighbors can hear and still not wake up. So I wake him up and then he has the audacity to hit snooze! So I set the alarm and then wake him up. I usually let him snooze once and if he does it twice I will tap him and wake him up and tell him he needs to get up (because it’s 5:40am and he has to be at work at 6!) and he used to get really angry about this! I finally told him he has to be nice to me when I wake him up or get a new room! Lol he gets ready really loudly and has to make at least 3 trips back to the bedroom with his work boots on for things he forgets. It drives me INSANE. But at least he doesn’t turn on and leave on the bedroom lights anymore.... he was going in late for some reason last week and I got up at 6:30am and he wanted to take a shower but I was doing my hair/make up/ getting ready for the day and he was like why don’t you go back to bed! Man I work at 8am and unlike you, I have to wake up more than 20 minutes before I need to be there!!! 
  • @ruby696 MH does the same thing with his alarm clock. The Apple Watch finally saved our marriage and his life because now he can snooze as much as he wants and I don’t have to hear it. 
  • @ruby696 is it just DRAGGING for you? I feel like it should at least be Friday by now!
  • @bender29 Yes! Especially since each week I progress, the better I feel. I keep thinking I'm a day further along than I am. I thought it was Thursday when I woke up today. Ugh. At least weekends go by quickly.
  • EDD: May 13 (for now)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team 100% finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: First US/OB appointment on October 1

How are you feeling? Crappy, but mostly because I think I'm also getting sick on top of being pregnant

Raves/Rants: I hate being sick as a teacher. It's so much more work to write sub plans to stay home than it is to just suck it up and come to work sick.

Questions: I had one this morning, but I forgot it. Oh well.

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Both? Neither? I get up for work around 5:30, though not really willingly. I like to lounge around on the couch at night rather than go to bed, but I still try to be in bed around 10.
  • @soprano19 I really hope you feel better soon. Sorry you are getting sick. 
  • @soprano19 I never thought about how much work it would be for a teacher to stay home sick. Sorry you feel like crap and I hope you get better soon.
  • EDD:  May 15th 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): apparently the opening of a straw

Upcoming appointments: 9/24 with my midwife do some labs

How are you feeling? I’m feeling alright the nausea hits me here and there and when it hits  it HITS which so isn’t convenient especially because I’m transitioning out of my job

Raves/Rants: my midwife is dope af I really appreciate her and so is my partner he’s super on board with all the crunchy parent stuff 

Questions: are any of y’all birth workers? And if so how are you navigating this process with your partner?

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl?EARLY BIRD! I just start fading the later the day goes
  • @onedopedoula That's great you have an awesome midwife! Are you doing a home birth?

EDD: May 12

Baby is the size of a(n): end of a match

Upcoming appointments: 24th ultrasound

How are you feeling? ok, I'm pretty tired and very grumpy and emotional some days. No morning sickness yet, so that's a plus.

Raves/Rants: I have an amazing supportive sister that is constantly checking in with me. She has a one month old so it's nice to talk with her.

Questions: are your partners going with you to all of your appointments or just certain ones?

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Neither haha, I'm a 930 bedtime and a 730 wakeup.