May 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• @gh515 hoping that all is well!
  • So, I am unsure if I am permitted to post a picture here or not (I wont until I am told I am okay to do so) ... but I am plagued by something I saw in the toilet as I was spotting light pink before I got my BFP.  I took a picture of it to show a friend assuming it was certainly my period.  I actually thought it was my period coming and the more I think about it, the more I am feeling increasing anxiety for my upcoming sonogram.  It was just at the time I was spotting which was super light for two days and only when I wiped.  Nothing ever hit the pad.  It appeared almost tissue like, but with a pink tinge.  Could it have been mucous?  Should I get in asap or just let it ride?  I am not scheduled for my first sonogram until September 30th.  My HCG at a little over 4 weeks was in the 500s.
  • Loading the player...
  • pirateduckpirateduck member
    edited September 2019
    So, I am unsure if I am permitted to post a picture here or not (I wont until I am told I am okay to do so) ... but I am plagued by something I saw in the toilet as I was spotting light pink before I got my BFP.  I took a picture of it to show a friend assuming it was certainly my period.  I actually thought it was my period coming and the more I think about it, the more I am feeling increasing anxiety for my upcoming sonogram.  It was just at the time I was spotting which was super light for two days and only when I wiped.  Nothing ever hit the pad.  It appeared almost tissue like, but with a pink tinge.  Could it have been mucous?  Should I get in asap or just let it ride?  I am not scheduled for my first sonogram until September 30th.  My HCG at a little over 4 weeks was in the 500s.
    Sooo maybe call your nurse and ask.  My doctor did not want to see me early for spotting unless it got heavier like a period or was accompanied by pain/cramping. Talking to the nurse made me feel much better and she gave me specific things to look out for.  She said spotting in early pregnancy is the most common call she gets.

Also with HCG at 500 you won’t be able to see anything on a sonogram, not even your gestational sac most likely.  So going to the doctor and paying for a sonogram that doesn’t tell you anything or causes more stress because you cannot see anything might not be the best idea.

again, call and talk to your nurse, ask if they want you to come in any earlier, if not, try not to stress too much and just take it easy.  Oh, my nurse also recommended pelvic rest when I was spotting.  Take it easy, no sex, relax.
  • @CantWait2GainWeight one HCG number doesn’t tell you much, you need at least 2 close together to get proper information. To me it sounds like you probably just have cervical mucus tinged with some spotting. I am getting a ton of sticky and cream cervical mucus right now. how far along will you be for your ultrasound? I would just wait until then, if your spotting gets worse I would call or message the doctors office.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @pirateduck
    it was about two weeks ago (9/9) and since then i have had nothing.  i had gone in for bloodwork and i mentioned it to the nurse, but seeing as she wasnt my most favorite, she sort of didnt address it.  i was a ball of nerves.  i got my BFP on 9/11 and went in for bloodwork on 9/14.  so about a week ago.  maybe i will call on monday to see what they have to say.  since then i have had nothing.

@m6agua
    i just found that from my google searches it said nothing should be in the toilet.  so it is plaguing me.  i have no cramping, no bleeding, no more spotting etc.  my symptoms are still strong (incredible fatigue, like non functional) and nausea that comes and goes.  i know that can mean a whole lot of nothing, but i am hopeful.  i will be 6 weeks, 5 days according to me.  according to them i would be one more week.  i have a 35 day cycle so i feel like the 6 weeks, 5 days is more accurate.

you would think this is my first pregnancy!  i assume i would have some other type of symptom than just a little something in the toilet two weeks ago, right?  gulp.
  • No more spotting or bleeding is a good thing @CantWait2GainWeight !  Try to relax.  Unfortunately, there’s nothing that can be done and you just have to wait it out.  At. 6.5 week scan you will be able to see what you need to see, any earlier it’s questionable if you can see anything at all.
  • Thanks @pirateduck ... I hope I can hold off on calling this week and begging to come in.  Of course my appointment is in the afternoon on the 30th.  Currently I am struggling with debilitating fatigue and nausea that comes and goes.  Lord help me!  This is rough!

• *lurking from April 2020* 
    @CantWait2GainWeight I wouldn’t worry about it if it was before your BFP. it could have been implantation. I got bright red blood 3DPO and 8DPO, got my BFP at 12DPO. I’m now 11w2d and baby is perfect. My previous pregnancy ended in a MC at 10 weeks, and I encountered a lot of spotting starting at 9weeks. If that’s all you had and haven’t had any cramping or anything, it’s most likely nothing. Enjoy your pregnancy! Don’t worry until it’s time to worry, and you’ll know it if it comes, there won’t be any doubt. Hoping you never have to encounter that! 
  • I took a test Friday which gave a bfp but my period isn't due until tomorrow. So this is very early on. That night around 1 am I had awful cramping and purple ish discharge in the toilet about the size of a nickel. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding since but I don't feel as tired. 

This is so early on I'm over analyzing everything. I haven't even missed my period yet but seeing the pregnancy test made it so real already. I'm hoping it was implantation bleeding but I think I'm just trying to convince myself it can be OK when I don't actually think it is. Cramping is still very subtle but here. FX baby is hanging in. 
  • runwmusic said:
    I took a test Friday which gave a bfp but my period isn't due until tomorrow. So this is very early on. That night around 1 am I had awful cramping and purple ish discharge in the toilet about the size of a nickel. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding since but I don't feel as tired. 

This is so early on I'm over analyzing everything. I haven't even missed my period yet but seeing the pregnancy test made it so real already. I'm hoping it was implantation bleeding but I think I'm just trying to convince myself it can be OK when I don't actually think it is. Cramping is still very subtle but here. FX baby is hanging in. 
    runwmusic  I've definitely never heard of purple.  Maybe it was brown blood mixed with pink (so old and new).  Hopefully it was just implantation bleeding.  Wishing you the best.  
  • I've had a bit more spotting two nights ago, this morning I had a bit of dark brown stringy stuff. I got my blood work yesterday and hcg was at 186. Tomorrow I will retest and just hope it doubles. The waiting is so stressful and Dr Google does nothing to ease my mind. My period wasn't due until yesterday so it is so early on I am terrified. I didn't bleed at all with my first. 
  • @runwmusic I'm really sorry.  Uncertainty is the worst.  I hope you get the best possible results.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Not bleeding (yet) but my lines are getting lighter every day. I think I’m out. 

• No @whatsbumpinpumpkin! I'm so sorry. Have you called your doctor for betas? Sending all the hugs and hoping for good news. ❤
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin Noooo!  I hope that's not the case.  How many DPO are you?  At some point if yu keep testing for too long, I've heard the lines can get lighter because there's just not enough dye in the test to handle the hcg levels.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Oh no @whatsbumpinpumpkin hopefully it’s just crappy tests. FX everything is ok
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin I'm sorry, I'm hoping for the best for you.  
  • Oh no @whatsbumpinpumpkin I hope there is some other explanation.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I second asking for betas and that it could be the hook effect. 
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin fingers crossed for good news. <3
  • @ruby696 I live in the middle of nowhere so it’s 2 hours to the doctor. 
    I love you guys for trying to make it better. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I'm so so sorry you're going through this. FX it is just a fluke. 
  • I'm so sorry @whatsbumpinpumpkin . I hope everything ends up alright 
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin, thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome! 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin fingers crossed for you that it’s something with the tests and that all is well. 
  • Ugh, having some spotting again. Will call the dr’s office tomorrow, but since they have an appt for me on Monday, I’m guessing they will just tell me to wait until then. 
  • I hope it’s nothing serious @adventuresawait1
  • @adventuresawait1 I'm sorry. I have had a lot of spotting this pregnancy and it is so nerve wracking. My Dr said so long as it's not a lot (as in fill a maxi), and isn't bright red that it is common and ok. It's so hard not to freak out though. Hugs
  • edited September 2019
    @runwmusic thank you! That’s good to hear. That’s my impression, too, but since I haven’t actually seen a doctor yet (and have a bad prior experience), tough to stay calm. But trying! Can’t wait for my appt on Monday. Hoping all is going well for you, too!
  • Btw, adventuresawait1 and 2 are both me. I thought I couldn’t get back into my old account, but then figured it out, but now somehow at one point got signed in to the wrong one!
  • @adventuresawait1 good luck at your apt today! 
  • @adventuresawait2 I see you posted a great ultrasound, did they have any ideas about the spotting?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua Thanks for asking! You beat me to it. Just posted here on that right when you posted your comment :smile:
  • @adventuresawait yey!! great news!! Next Monday I have my 6 week and cannot wait. I haven't had any spotting in the last few days but I can't help but be stressed about it. The wait is killing me. 
  • @runwmusic thanks! Fingers crossed that you have a great appt next week! 
  • I was hoping I wasn't going to be apart of this post this time around. With dd I started spotting around 6 weeks and they took my betas told me they weren't doubling and I'd likely miscarry. I went for an ultrasound there was no hb so again they told me I'd miscarry. I went back the next week to discuss options because I hadn't miscarried yet and they found the hb and no explanation as to why I was spotting. I was 6 weeks yesterday and woke up to spotting today. I'm hoping it's nothing, but can't help but think of my first pregnancy where I spotted until I did miscarry. 
  • @jhysmath I’m so sorry for the extra anxiety this time around. I hope it’s nothing serious. 
  • @jhysmath I'm so sorry. Spotting is so strrssful. Can you see your doctor to find out what's going on?