November 2019 Moms

Glucose Challenge

124»

Re: Glucose Challenge

• @BNBT That is helpful to know. :) Thank you for the input. I know that weight measurements while in utero can be dreadfully inaccurate, so I try not to put much stock in it, but it is easy to be concerned when glucose measurements are close. I may try to work on changing my diary a little, but it's tough because I have an insistent sweet tooth that knows how to cloud my better judgment at times. 😄

I asked an OB (I was meeting a different OB in the practice) the other day and she didn't seem concerned about the abnormal circumstances under which I took the test nor how close my level was. She also said that, while I could retake it if I wanted, the test is designed for pregnancy at certain weeks (26-28?), which seemed to imply new readings may not be fully accurate?
  • @Lark2013 yep... agree. It is three hr torture
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you/EDD: 28 weeks & 4 days (11/27/19 is my EDD)

Are you scheduled for glucose testing yet: Yes, Tuesday,  September 9th. 

Any experience with taking the challenge in the past? Yes, I took the 1-hour glucose test when I was 16 weeks pregnant. I passed but I have to take it again on Tuesday. I don't know why my OB has their patients take it twice. 

How does your office do testing? (I.e. 1 hour followed by 3 hour; 2 hour; or just 3 hour?) 1-hour, then 3-hour if you fail. 

If you had to pick a flavor to drink, which one would you grab? I drank the fruit punch. I liked it, honestly. 

Any advice for people getting ready to take the challenge? Schedule it in the morning and fast beforehand. 

Questions/Concerns about the challenge? Nope. 
  • Off to take my the 3-hr (even though I passed the 1-hr)... wish me luck! I feel like this is a ginormous waste of time but oh well. 🙄
  • Off to take my the 3-hr (even though I passed the 1-hr)... wish me luck! I feel like this is a ginormous waste of time but oh well. 🙄