Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check in w/o 9/16

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check in w/o 9/16

• Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe Yay! So exciting on seeing baby! 
    TW
  • @brookert615 a Mac n cheese festival sounds like a dream! DS and I would both thoroughly enjoy that. What are you actually doing for your reveal? We are going to do the exploding baseball since baseball is an important aspect to our relationship.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: feb 8 19+2

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Zucchini 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out sept 27

Upcoming Appointments: sept 27

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):
     So tired. My 15 month old is getting his mfing 2 year molars. This kid had brought teething troubles to a whole new level. 🙈
    No real cravings - most carbs and sweets I guess 
    Rants/Raves: 
    My newly three year old has really gave meaning to the word threenager. So between that a a teething 15 month old and being pregnant I’m exhausted and missing wine. 

Questions:

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Spanish or Italian 

@brookert615 a Mac and cheese fest sounds amazing!! 
  • @daffodil_shoe Yes, I hope the festival isn't overwhelming food-wise but the restaurants that will be there sound all amazing! So we are Jeep people and go off-roading. DH had the idea of building a garage and then using a powerwheels Jeep (how I told DH I was pregnant) that will fit into the garage. There will be smoke bombs attached to the Jeep and then we will pull out the little Jeep with the big Jeep via tow strap. So when it gets pulled out the colored smoke will be the "exhaust" lol. I love the exploding baseball! When is your reveal?

@kiwi2628 Sorry about the chest cold! What a bummer! Hope you feel better soon!

@clee5711 Oh man - not the 2 year molars! Poor kid! 
    TW
  • @brookert615 we are doing ours the evening of our AS, the 24th. It’s not going to be a big thing. We are just having our immediate family over, cracking open the baseball, and feeding them an easy dinner.
  • craftywitchcraftywitch member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 2/9 19+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday 9/15 Anatomy Scan

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Ridiculous- perky, glowy! Actually craving my morning oatmeal with berries which is unheard of as I typically eat it grudgingly.

Rants/Raves: So I'm all rainbow unicorn farts happy ATM. My manager told me I was glowing, and I received 3 unsolicited compliments from complete stranger women on the street this weekend so I'm feeling like a million bucks.

Questions:

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Spanish. I always feel embarrassed that I don't speak Spanish as I'm 50% Mexican and everyone on my Mom's side is fluent, but my sister and I never really learned. I can only speak Spanish at the level of a 2 year old and it's super embarrassing when it comes up.

*edit to clean up spacing in the code lol
  • @daffodil_shoe let’s go get breakfast! I’ve been having fried egg and cheese on a bagel most mornings the last week (making them at home because I know myself and I’d probably just cave and buy them too many times in my way in to work!)
  • @burr1371 So nice you’ll have the day off for your appointment! Sorry work has been making you feel out of step! Hope you’re able to not overdo it!

@craftywitch I chuckled at the full of unicorn farts! So happy you’re feeling so great! 
    TW
  • @brookert615 Thanks, I am going to try to have good boundaries. I have been to a Mac N Cheese festival/fundraiser thing before and it was all delicious! Enjoy!

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 19+3 - 2/8

Baby is the size of a(n): (I always forget to check this before I get into the forums and then I never want to back out into the app and lose my draft)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Pink 

Upcoming Appointments: Unknown due to being in between doctors from the move.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I finally have been feeling what are definitely baby kicks!!

Rants/Raves: We're back in the U.S. Getting to see family and friends again has been AMAZING!! (Rave). The move has been rough (Rant). In the space of 36 hrs, my husband lost his drivers license (forcing me to do all of the driving), the cat pooped through the back of the carrier on the rental car, and when we picked up our car from military storage in VA we discovered that the WA plates were expired and we don't have a way to renew them. WA state will not let you renew online if the plates have been expired for more than a year (we were overseas for 2.25 years). And we can't renew in person because we're literally across the country.

So today we are making a dash across 5 states (with the car with expired plates) to northern NJ where my parents live to try and convince the NJ DMV that we live there so we can get NJ plates for the car and be legal again. We don't really live anywhere right now so trying to register the car is difficult. Fingers crossed for no/minimal tickets on this drive. We totally deserve them but I'm not sure we have any other options. It's going to be super stressful.

Questions: Does anyone else wish that you could have just one day off from being pregnant? I feel guilty asking this because we tried so hard to get here (IVF), we're so excited for the baby, and it's the 2nd trimester so this is as good as pregnancy gets. But seriously, just one day where I have my old body back and can bend at the waist, sleep through the night, and not have to pee all the time.

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Spanish. I think it has the most bang for the buck (useful/easy to learn). Not only are Mandarin/Cantonese difficult, but there are so many regional dialects that the language completely changes depending on geographic location.
  • @brookert615 A mac'n'cheese festival sounds amazing!! Have fun!

@craftywitch Rainbow unicorn farts made me crack up. It remind me of a card game called Unstable Unicorns where you are trying to collect the unicorns while stealing other people's. Some of the unicorns are magic and have different abilities. It's cheap and relatively kid friendly, too (maybe 8yrs+?).
  • @noxacanthus Oh man! That's great you're back in the states!!! That's such a bummer about the plates and the kitty having an accident! Honestly with your situation I sure hope that if you did get pulled over that an officer would be understanding in your situation. But regardless - hoping that you're able to get it all legal! 
    TW
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 2-12-20/18w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Stick of string cheese

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy ultrasound October 1st

How are you feeling? Hungry af

(Cravings/Symptoms): Egg salad. My boyfriend FINALLY made me some.

Rants/Raves: None at the moment

Questions: None for now

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Great question. Maybe Italian, because I would love to visit Italy one day.
  • @noxacanthus welcome home!! I’m so happy for you! Sorry it’s been such a fiasco. We had issues with re-registering DH’s plates too
  • @hellonurse0802 So happy you finally got your egg salad lol! 

@Hoggatteverafter Sorry baby wasn't cooperating but that's kind of cool you get to peek at baby again soon! 
    TW
  • @noxacanthus I hear you on the wanting a break. And we did IUI so I also hear you on the feeling guilty for wanting a break! It’s just plain overwhelming some days. You aren’t alone or wrong in feeling that way <3
  • @noxacanthus that’s so annoying about the license plate. I hope you can get the car registered in NJ with no problem. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: Feb 13 / 18 + 6

Baby is the size of a(n): string cheese, based on what I see here 😂 Totally feeling @noxacanthus on the forgetting to check and unwilling to exit the forum in this glitchy app

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow! US... I guess that’s the anatomy scan?

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): RLP has been a thing this past week. Overdue a run/walk last week and had pains that had me texting my best friend and she sent screenshots of google explanations of RLP and I was like “so THAT’S what these have been...” Brain also seems generally dumber. 

Rants/Raves: I’m finally feeling less physically capable. Which is a rant bc I want to do all the things and a rave bc it makes me feel like I’m not making this pregnancy up in my mind, which I sometimes question (as a FTM who is unfamiliar with all of this and has no evidence that my body can produce human life) 

Questions: 

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? Perhaps Mandrin for the practical reasons that @kiwi2628 mentioned. But I love languages and would love to just know all of them and spend my life traveling.
  • @noxacanthus What a comedy of errors! I’m so sorry you guys are dealing with such a pain when you’re in the midst of so much. Hope you have a smoother path with the new car 😂
  • @um_thor YAY on the ultrasound tomorrow!  <3 Too funny about the mind feeling generally dumber LOL

@noxacanthus Oh my gosh, that's so rough! Hope you don't go any further in the alphabet of plans lol.
    TW
  • @emlwalsh Sorry your MIL's words rubbed you the wrong way  <3.
    TW
  • @emlwalsh Sorry your MIL wasn't more supportive. You feel how you feel!
  • @emlwalsh Sorry about your MIL. Your feelings are your own; no one can tell you how to feel. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 19 weeks + 1 Day

Baby is the size of a(n): Bump says a hot dog. That sounds so gross.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: eventually finding out. Husband wants a gender reveal party.

Next appointment: Sept 27 for 20 week ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Hungry. Still queasy if I don’t eat every 3 hours or so. I do a lot of snacking.

(Cravings/Symptoms): we went to Food and Wine festival at epcot yesterday and they had a beef and potato thing in France. I have been anti-meat for most of pregnancy, but I could have eaten a plateful of that. 

Rants/Raves: working in a school system is really making baby name storming very difficult. My husband’s dream name for girl is also the name of my most annoying male student. 

Questions: None

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? I’m horrible with speaking different languages. I’m intrigued with learning sign language though. 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: eventually finding out. Husband wants a gender reveal party.

How are you feeling? Hungry. Still queasy if I don’t eat every 3 hours or so. I do a lot of snacking.

(Cravings/Symptoms): we went to Food and Wine festival at epcot yesterday and they had a beef and potato thing in France. I have been anti-meat for most of pregnancy, but I could have eaten a plateful of that. 

Rants/Raves: working in a school system is really making baby name storming very difficult. My husband’s dream name for girl is also the name of my most annoying male student. 

GTKY:  If you could speak an additional language, which would it be and why? I’m horrible with speaking different languages. I’m intrigued with learning sign language though. 
    Hey! When you get a chance can you update your username? It’s still showing the knottie and it’s really hard to know who is who 😊. You’ll have to log out and log back in for it to work! The directions are pinned on this board.
    TW

Hey! When you get a chance can you update your username? It’s still showing the knottie and it’s really hard to know who is who 😊. You’ll have to log out and log back in for it to work! The directions are pinned on this board.
    I change my username every time I log in and it never sticks. Every time I log out and log back in, it goes back to knottie. Seems like I’m stuck with it.