Trouble TTC

18dpo no AF , scared to test

Hi All,
We've beeing TTC for almost a year . 
This is the first cycle when my period is 4 days late .
I don't normaly temp ,but something was into me at 14dpo and i checked my BBT it was 88.6 , Today at 18dpo at the same time of the day it is 99.3 . Ocasionally i have some spotting since yesterday 17dpo , but it is just spotting not a flow . I am too scared to test , because i am afraid to face the disapointment of BFN . Is there anyone who can help with an idea . I know that if i test i will probably get my answer , i just need support . 
Thanks 

Re: 18dpo no AF , scared to test

• I guess I would want to know how long your cycle normally is — 17-18 days after ovulation is normal for me to get AF so I wouldn’t test. Spotting can be any number of things.  Personally I usually just wait for AF — it’s always disappointing to get it but testing was harder on me. If you still haven’t had a real cycle amount of bleeding in a week I would test. Hang in there! 
  • 2dogsmom thanks for the teply .My cycle is normaly 28 days . I got somethung like AF yesterday , but it is not as my normal period . Normally it is very heavy and i am filling a pad inbtwo hours , now i can not fill up probably for the whole day , the only reason i am changing it beacuse of higene. . I think i will wait and see how it goes today and tomoroow will test
  • Loading the player...
  • An update . AF is here 
  • @pet39 you probably ovulated later than normal which could have been caused by stress. I recognized that pattern and if I got really upset about something I would ovulate 5-7 later than originally predicted. My cycles are generally 30-33 days long and any month I had a stressor before ovulation my cycle length was 35-39 days.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Inthewoods23 thanks for the reply. 
    It never happend to me untill now . I've always been regular 27 -28day cycles . The last time my period was late was more then 10 years ago , and i was pregnant, it didn't end well.i keep telling myself it will happen , but i think its tim to head to a doctor. I am 39yrs old and we've been trying for a year , so its time for a Dr.
  • I forgot to mention , i thought AF is here  , but it is not heavy as usual and my BBT today was 99.1 
    I am so confused , should i see a doc. now should i test , i am in a lombo  , and the moment i am greatfull that their are nice ladies here who are ready to help with advice . My only support system is hubby ,and noone else . His family doesn't know we are trying , my family wants it to happen so much that my sister is more strssed out about me not getting pregnant more then me . 
  • @pet39 I think it won’t hurt to schedule a Dr appointment— most of us here are in some stage of treatment and have a diagnosis (or like me “unexplained” is the diagnosis. I think if you’ve been trying for that long ruling some things out and having a plan in place can alleviate stress and be really helpful. 
  • 2dogsmom i will be seeing a doctor for sure tomorrow , where i leave no need of appointment . 
    AF is here full forse now . 
    Thank youvfor the support .