Infertility

Egg Retrieval

Hi Ladies, 

New here and looking to connect...I’m not sure where to post as I have no idea when we will be doing our FET...it’s just a matter of how many retrieval cycles we do. If anyone would direct me to a good group to join I’d really appreciate it! Finished our first cycle today, retrieval this morning and we got 11 eggs so I’m really thankful for that (I’m 40 with low amh, this would be our first baby). I’ll have to start the second cycle before we get the pgs results back, but my doc is convinced it will take at least two. Fertility report tomorrow and I’m wishing I could down some wine to be able to sleep 🍷Doc says no wine or exercise this week though. How am I supposed to cope?!?! 😂 Wishing everyone luck on your journey. 
Me- 40 DH- 37.
TTC since late 2016
Got fibroid diagnosis, docs told me to keep trying as they weren't in the cavity (terrible advice!)
5/18: Abdominal Myomectomy, 14 fibroids removed, tough recovery 
11/18: Started trying again 
3/19: BFP, miscarried at 7 weeks 
6/19: BFP, miscarried at 6 weeks 
9/19: IVF, 11 eggs, 7 fertilized, and???

Re: Egg Retrieval

• You should join the September IVF group as most of us are doing the same stuff as you right now. I am just turned 44 (was 43 during my first retrieval) & about to go through my second retrieval in October after my first round resulted in 7 PGS tested abnormal embryos from 24 eggs. This time, we will focus on quality over quantity. Since I am in a down cycle before I start up my retrieval stims in early October, I relaxed last night with a beer. Very nice..hadn't had one in several months!! I understand the need to just chill!! Every step along this journey is hurry up and wait stress!! Good luck to you!
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Thanks, @ladyp0tter! I will see you over on the September IVF Board, in that case. So glad you got to enjoy a beer! :-) The little things definitely help in this grueling process. Egg quality is also a big concern for me, just trying to take it all one step at a time. Fingers crossed for you as you gear up for another round. 
    Me- 40 DH- 37.
    TTC since late 2016
    Got fibroid diagnosis, docs told me to keep trying as they weren't in the cavity (terrible advice!)
    5/18: Abdominal Myomectomy, 14 fibroids removed, tough recovery 
    11/18: Started trying again 
    3/19: BFP, miscarried at 7 weeks 
    6/19: BFP, miscarried at 6 weeks 
    9/19: IVF, 11 eggs, 7 fertilized, and???

• Loading the player...
  • Dealing with infertility is instrumental in seeking after a positive family-building venture later on.
  • @rnjazz30 Hi. You and i are almost at the same point. I'm on my last days of stims (hopefully) and will be triggering tonight. I've been posting in the august IVF post because that's when I started the cycle, but that post has kind of died down. So I've been posting with the LOW AMH girls, so you may want to post there. I'm with you, I'm not sure how many cycles I'll have to do either. I have low AMH (.26) and I'm 43.