EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY:  What is your favorite attribute or trait about yourself? 

Re: All Group Check In - Week of 9/8

• Options
    Honestly I missed doing this and reading about everyones updates and since I dont see it in the PG either - up it goes :)

EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov 8th / 31w + 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut?  At least it weighs that amount

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3tm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Baby Blue Coming soon.

Upcoming Appointments: The 19th - I am like anxious for it since this is my longest stretch between appts since I switched to every 2 weeks.  

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Craving all the chocolate and sweets.  What I wouldn't give for a Churro right now.

Rants/Raves:  Rave - Disney World is awesome...Rant:  Less awesome when your 2 yo is being a tantrum-y 2 yo.  But my 4 yo was a dream.

Questions: None - although TMI - so much discharge lately.  

GTKY:  What is your favorite attribute or trait about yourself? I have always loved having my green eyes since my family was all brown and it made me feel like I was in a special club :P  
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov. 23/ 29+5(?)

Baby is the size of a(n): Magazine-sized acorn squash

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!!!

Upcoming Appointments: Today, in a few hours, killing some time now before I hit the road. 30 wk appt...don't know what to expect except probably my TDAP

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling the STRETCH in the belly, frustrating constant peeing and carpal tunnel. Could be worse. Haven't had cravings this pregnancy, I'm not even as keen on suggestions as I was earlier on. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: The summer humidity is lingering and it needs to be gone. Miserable. Raves: Feeling sort of prepared? Lol so psyched about labor for some reason

Questions:none

GTKY:  What is your favorite attribute or trait about yourself? Physically I guess I would say my hair and eyes. 

@dancer688 I hope you enjoyed Disney and the weather was good! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 30+6, Nov 15

Baby is the size of a(n): Motorcycle helmet? Lol

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Today with MFM, Monday with my OB.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I get tired more easily and out of breathe if I keep too busy.

Rants/Raves:

Rant: I get a weird feeling after eating most of the time these days, I can't put my finger on what it is. It's like an unsettled, upset feeling, but also kind of feel like a hit of heartburn. Sometimes taking tums helps, but not always.

Rave: Considering all my complaints I still feel pretty good. I guess that's a rave? Lol

Questions:

GTKY:  What is your favorite attribute or trait about yourself? I love my height! I'm 6' and I used to always feel so awkward as a kid being so much taller than most other kids (especially all the boys). But I've grown to enjoy it in my older age 😊
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/13 (31 weeks and 2 days)

Baby is the size of a(n): asparagus / romaine lettuce

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: My next appointment is the meeting with my endocrinologist for my gestational diabetes diagnosis (of which I am highly skeptical because I've been forced to test my blood 4 times per day for the last week+ and I've only had two "abnormal" results without changing my diet and I know exactly why those results were abnormal (went to brunch and had a Belgian waffle with syrup and a few days later went to Culver's and had a sandwich)) on 9/19.  After that, I see my OB for a check in and an ultrasound on 9/23 and I'm really excited to see our little man again.  They did an ultrasound and measurement at my appointments last week and baby was measuring a bit ahead, so I'm very curious to see where he's at now.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  Exhausted...  I cannot get solid sleep no matter what I do, and it's not necessarily the baby who is waking me up/keeping me awake.  I'm just restless.  I wish I could exercise more, but I'm constantly on pelvic rest (I seem to have some spotting about every 3-4 weeks and even woke up with spotting this morning -- doctor is keeping an eye on it) and restricted in just about everything.

Rants/Raves: I am nearly convinced my GD diagnosis is a load of ****.  Long story short, they did my first 1 hour glucose test at 20 weeks because I was taken off of Metformin from my PCOS.  I failed it (I think I was 173 and the limit was 140) and then did the 3 hour fasting test, where I passed all 4 blood draws.  They made me repeat the 1 hour test at 28 weeks and I failed (153 out of 140 this time) and I was diagnosed with GD.  Honestly, I'm fairly sure all of it was my body adjusting to being off of Metformin for the first time in 3 years.  I made a conscious decision to spend the first week on my normal diet to see where I was going wrong.  Like I mentioned above, my results have been almost flawless (except where I know I was "bad" twice) on my NORMAL diet.  I feel like they were trying to look for something wrong and they jumped the gun; I'm just frustrated.  This was already a high-risk pregnancy (IVF, I have a clotting disorder, a history of open-heart surgery, and PCOS), and this just adds one more thing to my plate...

Questions:  None right now!

GTKY:  What is your favorite attribute or trait about yourself?  Physically, I've always liked my eyes.  They change from blue to green depending on what I'm wearing and it used to confuse my husband so much when we started dating.
  • Options
    @alwayseloquenti am sorry you are feeling so frustrated.   I hope the endo can address your concerns, maybe have you do the three hour for peace of mind.  I get it, I was very resistant to the diagnosis my first time through.  I knew a lot about the history of the diagnosis and that the U.S. uses a much more stringent protocol than say the WHO. My OB uses a stricter guideline than other practices and if I had been at a different practice I might not have been diagnosed at all. I resented the label and worried that I was being inappropriately pathologized and that it would lead to unnecessary interventions and monitoring. So, I really do get where you are coming from. If you want a supportive ear I am here.  FWIW, in retrospect I think I made it a lot harder on myself resisting it so hard,but that was my journey. 

I rarely had high numbers in my day to day eating the first time through, until week 36.  I thought that no one actually eats like the 1-hour or 3-hour test anyway so it seems like a ridiculous standard.  I did learn though that even if you aren't constantly getting high numbers, and only getting high numbers when you "cheat" it doesn't mean you aren't having some insulin resistance.  When people who aren't dealing with this have the kinds of meals you are talking about they won't get a high number. I tested my husband and myself after the GD and saw that this was so 💁‍♀️.  It is also possible that you don't have classic GD but that the PCOS means you have some insulin resistance which is coming up in the testing or you could be right and it could just be blips.  I can see how them not giving you the three hour again in frustrating!  I hope you can be really frank with the endo and walk out feeling certain about the diagnosis (or maybe they will change the diagnosis) and treatment plan. Maybe they will agree and free you from the monitoring, you never know. 

I get not wanting to be monitored and labeled and worrying about interventions. If your numbers stay in range you will be considered diet controlled and the most they are likely to advise is NST's in your last 4 weeks (which as you are high risk they likely would have done anyway) and possibly an induction st 39 weeks as GD has an increased risk of still birth.  That was what I had the most trouble with, the induction.  

My son did end up with some complications that might have been the GD (though as it was well controlled they say probably not) and might simply have been because he was a big baby - he had low blood sugar at birth and ended up in the NICU a few days.  I am glad that we got the extra monitoring considering how it went. I can look back and know I did  everything I could to avoid that outcome. 
  • Options
    Thank you for your words of support, @drama_llama I really appreciate it and found it very comforting. I'm definitely planning on speaking to my endocrinologist on Thursday and showing her my results and seeing what she says.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 33 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): I never pay attention to that. Big enough to make me very uncomfrtable.

FTM/STM/TTM+: 5th time mom

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: u/s tech was pretty sure we're team blue, but we get to double check at a 36w u/s

Upcoming Appointments: Since I somehow ended up on odd weeks and have no complications I got a pass to go 3 weeks between this time instead of 2. Oct 2 I go for my 36w and a follow-up u/s. They couldn't get a clear shot of his heart at 20w because of his position so I get an extra peek.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Big. Tired. Braxton-Hicks are driving me insane. And he has his big brother's propensity for late night karate practice. WTF, dude? Mama needs sleep!

Rants/Raves: We still have heat indicies over 100 and it's SEPTEMBER. Even for Florida this is ridiculous. I'm ready for it to at least be in the 80's. We keep setting record highs and I'm so over it.

Questions: Why, climate change, WHYYYYY?

GTKY:  What is your favorite attribute or trait about yourself? @gumby22c I always wanted to be 6'2" like my dad when I was a kid. I only made it to 5'9", but I'm pretty happy with it.
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days:  33w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n):  Cauliflower

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM+

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Officially blue

Upcoming Appointments:  Thursday with OB

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  SORE!  I have such a hard time sleeping now :( I've been on the couch for about 3 weeks now.

Rants/Raves:   /

Questions:  /

GTKY:  What is your favorite attribute or trait about yourself?  Physically, my eyes and freckles <3  I was tease a little, growing up, for having freckles, but now I can't see myself without them.  I've always LOVED my eyes as well, and had many compliments on my eyelashes lol 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers