Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Thursday 9/12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 9/12

• Options

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: CD 33

Timing: lots

Typical LP length: long (at least this time)

Testing: no more

R/R: I'm mostly just buckled in for the ride. 

CS/Q: I took my temp like an hour late today & it's jumped back up. I'm going to have to set an alarm or something. But the need to pee at random times in the night is not helpful. At least I have OPKs now too.

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 13

CD/DPO: 15

Timing: hopefully good - triggered 36 hours prior

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: Not for a while

R/R:  Nothing really to rant about atm, unless the trigger shot didn't work and the timing for the IUI was all off. Going down to the cape again this weekend and hosting a lobster bake, so looking forward to that. 

CS/Q:@inthewoods23 or anyone else that has done the trigger shot - Is my temp supposed to rise to indicate ovulation like it normally would. I have been bad about wearing my ava, but my temp last night does not look like I ovulated. My pre and post O temps have been thrown so off since I started clomid cycles. 

• Options
    @feather_heather My temp did shift after trigger, but I haven't noticed as high of temps this cycle. That being said, I am taking estrogen, so I'm wondering if that is what is causing a less-dramatic shift for me. 
  • Options
    @shoogapoff - hmmmm I'm hoping the lack of a temp shift is due to the Clomid and Ovidrel (and because I didn't temp the night before/day of the IUI. 

@b_1029 - I live in Massachusetts! 20 mins north of Boston. We very recently purchased an RV on a seasonal site on Cape Cod, so we've started spending weekends down there. Only a few more weeks before we have to close it up for the season though. 

@kiki047 - Nope, no progesterone supplements. Hoping my temps are just off because of the Clomid and Ovidrel. Before Clomid I always had a distinct/dramatic spike - but not since I started the Clomid cycles. 
  • Options
    @feather_heather one of my months of temping an IUI cycle I got a slight bump up then a gradual upward trend. Chart in spoiler.

@b_1029 I kinda wanna test tomorrow because like, nobody ever gets a positive at 3dpt right? So I can get the sad feeling of a negative done right away. I do have 7 total tests I could take so I could test every day before the beta. But I'm supposed to see family this weekend and don't want to test with them around so... Maybe Sunday night as the latest start? 🤷 At the same time, if I don't see a positive then, I'll start thinking immediately that it didn't work and idk if I want to do that to myself.

Nice job on the weight loss!

@kiki047 sorry for feeling ripped off, that's such a bummer! Then again, I don't think DH gets me cards so, I'm on the sad train with you on that. Like come on, a little something.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    *lurking

@kiki047 Wishing you a belated happy birthday <3 Sorry for some disappointments you had, though! 

@b_1029 <3<3<3 and also yay on losing 5 lbs! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @feather_heather I went back and looked at my last chart and my rise was slow but it did gradually trend upwards. I know Ava temp changes tend to be a lot less dramatic so maybe time will tell? 
    @inthewoods23 he will sometimes even write me love notes on a post-it and leave them places for me to find. Not even that. Womp womp. 
    @brookert615 aww thanks friend. I know I'm totally overreacting about it but it's really bumming me out. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    Lurking from wto

@kiki047 ill feelings between mom and daughter are SO hard. I bet speaking up a little to your husband will patch that end of things fast, though I for one hate to have those conversations of asking for what I need from a spouse, especially if I’ve suggested that I didn’t need it. Totally been there, but it’s so worth it to just get it out there since all my money is on him making you feel super loved, based on how you’ve talked about him before. And it sounds like you could use a little win. In regards to your mom, I was just in a similar position last month—birthday and all. Though we also went out for a birthday awkward dinner where we pretended things were normal; that killed me. I didn’t see how things were going to turn around, and then somehow my middle brother got her to see what I couldn’t, and we’re getting back on track, not perfect, but mending I guess. So, there’s hope that it’ll improve soon, and I’m here if you need to vent to someone who gets it. I hope none of that was too forward, and if it was, just put me in my place. What you said just really resonated with how things were for me recently/still, so I just wanted to reach out.

and @b_1029 I’m so sorry you’ve been feeling so down lately. Just adding a +1 to the people in your corner!
  • Options
    *Lurking from WTO*

@b_1029 You know I'm totally Team B_1029 and I am right there with you in solidarity. I'm going to have to prepare for a round of LO #2s myself, so count me standing with you <3<3<3<3 

@kiki047 I also have so many feelings about birthdays. I dislike them intensely now (partially bc my parents have passed away and partially bc it's another year older with no LO) and I also kind of felt let down this year. It was super quiet, people mostly left me alone, and I kind of felt deflated at the end. I felt better after it was over though. I also know there is literally no relationship quite as complicated as mother and daughter, and being in a fight with your mom is the worst. I'm sending you <3<3<3<3
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @begging4abump thank you for that <3 not overstepping at all. You're definitely right about MH, and I should've just been honest because he kept asking if my birthday was ok and I didn't feel like getting into it this morning so I kinda brushed him off. We did have a good talk once we got to work about other stuff that's been on our minds (the IUI itself,  and he's been off his anti-depressants again because they suppress his libido and he stresses about being able to 'do his part'). My mom will eventually get over it but she's going to pout for a while first. I'm the only one who will generally speak up to her so when there is conflict elsewhere in the family I always get to be the 'bad guy'. Sigh. Why is family so hard sometimes? 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @b_1029 I've literally sung that to myself while posting in this thread for the last 3 days lol. I have everything crossed that this is, literally, for you, the cycle that doesn't end ... I mean, not in an AF anyways... you get what I mean!

@kiki047 yeah I'm just parking myself here. Who knows, maybe I'll be here another month :P ...it'll give me lots of temping practice.... I'm sorry you're feeling so bleh :(

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    @kiki047 Right?! Family strain is so draining! I’m glad YH and you got in a little chat. I also can totally relate to not being able to “get into it” and pushing off the conversation. I hit a hard depression last weekend and it only escalated when I pushed mh away. Finally I just let him in to my mess out of guilt for what it was doing to him, and I began to heal a little, but damn it’s hard to get psyched up to unload. Ugh, feelings and junk! This too shall pass, right? I’ll be thinking of you!! ❤️
  • Options
    @kiki047 sorry about your birthday yesterday! I wish some of us all lived close together so we could throw a TTGP birthday party for you! ❤️❤️

@feather_heather wow that’s so awesome! I love Cape Cod and the east coast in general!

@inthewoods23 ahhh I would be so torn on what to do!

@brookert615 hiiiii friend ❤️

@begging4abump awww thanks girl!

@mvt2003 at least we’re in good company! Thanks so much- your words really mean a lot ❤️

• Options

Month/Cycle: Jan 18

CD/DPO:  15 /3

Timing:  -3 / 0

Typical LP length:  14 days

Testing:  I’ll probably test before I leave on my trip next week with a frer. It’ll be too early, but I’m headed to a wedding with my parents. 

R/R: this DAMN UTI. I was treated for it a few days ago, and it started getting better ... then it moved into my kidneys today. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ So, back on the bench for three weeks, just hoping FF nailed it so I’m not out this cycle. 

CS/Q: how do I copy my chart? #fail 

@kiki047 mh went a little lackluster this year too. It’s mostly my fault - I didn’t do my usual this is what I want and how I want it, letting go of the mental load...but I agree, you want hubs to just know what you want without being told, lol. 

@inthewoods23 I lack all control. I totally poas way too soon. I bought a bundle of those easy at home strips when we started ttc, and they expire at the end of the month, so obviously I need to test at 3dpo. 🙄 also. So sad my tests are expiring and no baby. 😬

@feather_heather I used to live in Boston! I’m just over in Vermont now. 

@b_1029 if it were me I would tell someone you aren’t in a headspace to handle them announcing at a family gathering. Preferably someone who will take it upon themselves to tell them. Lol. Passive aggressive but might work to head it off.  Especially if you’re being open about ttc

@saladflambe it’s been hard to temp at a consistent time here too. 

• Options
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin - I love Vermont! I was born there! I have family that still lives up there that we go up to see a few times a year, and my DH and I have started doing a long weekend in Stow every December! We love relaxing at the resort, going to all the breweries and having a couple's spa day.