May 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

This thread is to support anyone experiencing spotting and/or bleeding.

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support.  The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support.
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• Well, really didn’t want to end up here but here I am. Experienced pretty heavy bleeding this morning along with cramping. It felt like day one of a regular period. The bleeding has lightened up but is still happening.

I have an appointment tomorrow so hopefully they’ll be able to give me answers and/or tell me where we need to go from here. 
  • @bbluemoo Oh no, I'm so sorry. Spotting/ bleeding is so stressful. FX everything is okay. Please update us tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • @bbluemoo Thinking of you! Sorry you’re going through this. Hope everything is OK!
  • @bbluemoo So stressful, I’m so sorry. Thinking of you!
  • @bbluemoo I’m sorry, bleeding is so stressful! I hope you get some answers tomorrow.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @bbluemoo I'm so sorry. Hoping for the best possible outcome for you. Keep us posted. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @bbluemoo I’m so sorry. Let us know what you find out. Sending positive vibes your way. 
  • @bbluemoo I’m so sorry. Definitely keep us posted tomorrow.
  • @bbluemoo *big hugs* praying you have a good appointment tomorrow! 🤗
  • @bbluemoo Thinking positive thoughts for you!
  • bbluemoo.

I think I might be having a chemical pregnancy. Clear BFP yesterday on non-FMU but barely visible BFP today on FMU. I also have an appointment tomorrow (a regular annual) so I'll see if she'll do betas. I'm only 3+6. I have a short LP so this happening would fit in with that issue. Given my nervousness about this pregnancy, I will be okay either way it goes. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• TB cut me off

Sorry you're here, @bbluemoo

DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem Really sorry you're worried, but pregnancy tests can vary a lot batch-to-batch with their sensitivities.  I hope you can get some better answers from your doctor appointment.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @catem07 I echo @shamrocandroll Tests can vary widely batch to batch with sensitivities and amount of dye. I hope your PCP can do some betas and you get good results to ease your mind!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @catem07 hopefully your doctor will be able to ease your worries at your appointment today! ❤️
  • @bbluemoo fx you have good labs and u/s. Sorry you're going through this.

@catem07 so sorry this is happening. Staying hopeful for you!
  • @catem07 and @bbluemoo hugs and hoping the best for you both. 
  • @bbluemoo if it makes it any better, unless you are further than 6 weeks sometimes they can’t see anything and it just gave me more anxiety. I hope your betas come back great. 
  • @mdfarmchick that’s what the ultrasound lady said too. But hopefully I’ll know the results of my betas tomorrow
  • lizm1234lizm1234 member
    edited September 2019
    On Tuesday (6 weeks, 2 day), I wiped and was very saddened to see some light tan discharge.   It's such a small amount that it didn't even show on my underwear at all on Tuesday evening or all day Wednesday.  Luckily this morning, I didn't really see anything other than a pin sized speck of very light tan.  There doesn't seem to be too much I can do other than go to the ER if I have any real bleeding. I see the nurse this Friday.  Of course I'm terrified.  This is my first ever pregnancy.  

Wishing @catem07 and @bbluemoo, and anyone else going through spotting or bleeding the best.  
  • @lizm1234 I’m sorry, Fx it’s nothing! Any form of bleeding is always scary. I hope you don’t see any more.

Thinking of you @catem07 and @bbluemoo
  • My bleeding from yesterday has only gotten worse. Cramps are increasing from a dull ache to uncomfortable. I’m anxiously awaiting for my doctors office to open so I can call and try to get in. I just have that feeling that I’ve lost it. This is my first time experiencing something like this 
  • @lizm1234 I agree with @shamrocandroll that the ER is not really helpful for spotting in pregnancy. Spotting can be very normal, if you really are concerned call the OB and they can order labs or an ultrasound if they think it is needed. I'm glad you have an appointment tomorrow, make sure to mention it. FWIW I had spotting with both pregnancies, with DD it was how you described around 5 weeks and everything was fine. With my first pregnancy it was much later on (10weeks) and it was the start of my mc, but I was able to get in for an ultrasound with the OB 2 days after the spotting started to confirm what was going on.

@c25 I'm sorry, I hope you are able to get in soon and there is some explanation for the bleeding.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @bbluemoo Sorry about the ultrasound, I agree with @mdfarmchick that sometimes when too early can cause more anxiety. With DD, I had one right around 6 weeks, I remember at the ultrasound I was measuring 2 days behind and they weren't positive if they could find a heart beat. So I had to wait 2 weeks for them to repeat the u/s and everything was fine, but it cause so much anxiety in those 2 weeks! I hope you get great beta results back!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @C25 I’m so sorry. Hopefully you’re able to get in to your doctor ASAP and they can give you some answers.

I haven’t gotten a phone call from my doctor yet but I also don’t have any pregnancy symptoms any more. I went from being super fatigued and going to bed by 7pm, a bit of queasiness in the morning, and tender breaths to feeling perfectly normal. Still bleeding lightly. At this point I’m just trying to let myself down easy because I’m not expecting any sort of good news. And, when we’re able to, we’ll just keep trying.
  • Hugs @bbluemoo I'm so sorry you're going through this
  • @bbluemoo I’m so sorry. Big hugs. <3
  • Just went to the doctor and I’ve officially miscarried. The baby has already passed. They drew blood and beta dropped to 60. First miscarry for me and it’s a very sad thing to go through! I know it happened for a reason and the baby will come when it’s supposed to. I’m praying for everyone else experiencing anything similar..and praying for all of our May mamas! Good luck everyone. ❤️
  • @c25 I’m sorry to hear that. Be kind to yourself and many hugs to you. 

@bbluemoo thinking of you.
  • My HcG on Monday was 50, as of Weds it was only 52, and my progesterone had plummeted even though I’m on supplements. I was told to make an appointment for Monday, so I did, and if I started bleeding more than a pad an hour to go to the ER.

....so I guess I just wait to start to miscarry and bleed? I’m irked at my doctors office, I had to call back and ask “ok so what’s happening to my body, what do I expect?” And was basically told it’s not 100%, but most likely a non viable pregnancy. I feel defeated. 
  • @C25 I’m so sorry that you’re going through this.

@yogadevil That’s basically what my doctor said too. There’s not really anything they can do at this point but to go to the ER if I’m bleeding a lot or in severe pain. It sucks.
  • @c25 I’m so sorry. Sending hugs your way. <3

@yogadevil I’m so sorry you got that news. It’s especially hard when you don’t feel supported. Sending hugs your way. 
  • @bbluemoo I’m so sorry you’re going through such a brutal wait.

i’m sorry that were all here 💗 
  • @C25 @bbluemoo @yogadevil when i had my loss the PGAL board was one of the most comforting places on the Internet. Hugs. I’m so sorry for your loss and your waits. 
  • @c25 @yogadevil I’m so sorry. Hugs to you both. 
  • edited September 2019
    @C25 @yogadevil So sorry that you are going through this. Hugs!

edited for typo
  • @C25 @yogadevil I am sorry that you both are going through this. It sucks.

@yogadevil As for what to expect... everybody is different. *TW* Things to expect below along with my experience.
    For some people it is just like a heavy period, some get period-like cramps, some have "contractions" similar to very very early labor. Some people the process is quick and others may need medical intervention (pill or D&C). 
    For me, I miscarried at home without medical intervention and it was similar to very very early labor. Once my body recognized that the pregnancy wasn't viable, it took about a week of spotting until the mc. The emotional part was the hardest part for me.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019