April 2020 Moms

September Appointments

2»

Re: September Appointments

• Has anyone had any experiences where they should have fasted before a pre-natal blood test? Some of my appointments are early
    morning and some are evening so I’m eating before but not sure if that affects anything. 
  • @liligirl87 If they need you to fast, they should tell you that. The only one I needed to fast for last time was the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I recommend scheduling that as early in the day as you can. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 Good to know! Thanks! I’m sure I’m just being paranoid. So far the dr’s office has been on top of things but the mind wanders in between appointments 😬 Helpful tip for the glucose test. Anything to avoid the longer version!
  • Haha @sanpelligrino. I only got cervical checks once I was in labor. 
  • @coaster102516 and @babybison I literally hate the speculum because it gives PTSD from my 5 IUIs. At my OB appointment yesterday they inserted one too, to check the health of the cervix. I really hope this is it. Well my breast exam hurt too, i felt like everything was sore and the OB really pushed hard on it. 
  • My OB asked about my last Pap and I was like nope nope nope just had that done thank you let's move on. 
  • Had my ultrasound and first appointment with OB today. Baby has a strong heartrate and is measuring exactly on track. EDD didn't even change. I had pre-eclampsia last pregnancy, so OB is having me do an EKG just to make sure things are good. I was reccomended B6 for my nausea, so I may try that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had my appointment with the high risk doctor today. Everything was fine, BP was up a little but I was also drinking a coffee lol. He noticed my thyroid levels were a little low, which I guess can be normal in early pregnancy, so I'm going to have some synthroid for a couple of weeks and then get it checked again. He also sent a request for the dating ultrasound and said it would probably be next week (I have to wait for the hospital to call).
    When I got home I called the OB clinic I go to and made my first appointment. They scheduled me for October 1, which is a little early, since I'm high risk. I don't mind having my appointment a little early.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @Brags0607
    happy early birthday! That is the date of my first appointment too.  What a sweet present for you.

I should be right about 9 weeks.  All I know is they told me I’ll be having an ultra sound and then I’ll be seeing my doctor!
  • @ejoseph16 sending you good, calming thoughts!
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @ejoseph16 thinking good thoughts for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ejoseph16 sending positive vibes! 
  • @ejoseph16

I’m right there with you! My appointment is at 9:20 am and I could barely sleep last night. I was anxiously waiting for this appointment for 3 weeks, now that it’s here I’m so so nervous. I’m literally crying just thinking about it.

Today is is an emotional and exciting day! 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @ejoseph16 and @drkoyya thinking about you both! I hope your appointments go perfectly!
  • @ejoseph16 @drkoyya Wishing you both great appointments. Keep us updated when you can. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @ 9 weeks they tried to find baby on a transvaginal but my uterus was sitting too high and they couldn't get a clear picture. Switched to abdominal and there was baby with a strong heartbeat! a bit nerve-wracking for me. 
  • @ejoseph16 Amazing news! I am so happy for you. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @ejoseph16 thats great news ! I'm happy for you! also, we have the same EDD :smile:

@drkoyya congrats on the great ultrasound :smile:

@danibean19 thats great !! phewww

@mflowers929 I've been on levothyroxine for a slightly high TSH number, since the month we conceived (in fact i think it might have played a part in getting pregnant as well). They told me that they didn't consider it hypothyroid, but it was a little high for TTC and pregnancy. They've asked me to stop my meds the end of this month for a whole month and retest. I'm nervous about stopping my thyroid meds for an entire month, but that's how my RE clinic does it. 
  • I had my first appointment and ultrasound today. I should be 8w3d

*TW* The ultrasound tech couldn’t detect a heartbeat. My dr says it could be too early, so I’m going back in 10 days for another ultrasound. Fingers crossed everything is ok, but the wait is going to suck. 

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @mamasloth I hope you’re just wrong on your dates and you get good news at the next appointment. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mamasloth oh I’m so hoping you go back and everything is fine! FX! 
  • @mamasloth I hope your dates are off!  That wait sucks so much
  • Thank you @mercury94, @ejoseph16, and @kfrob - It feels like the TWW all over again! 

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @mamasloth keeping you in my thoughts! ❤️
  • @mamasloth I hope it's just the dates are off! Sending good thoughts your way.

I just had my first U/S and based on LMP should also be around 9 weeks, but looking more like 5. I never believed I was that far along so it didn't surprise me. They identified the yolk sack and said everything is looking good for that later timeline. Next U/S scheduled for Oct. 4th and hopefully things will be progressing appropriately. So I'm hanging around on the April and May boards =) Hope that's okay! I'm enjoying seeing everybody's progress here!