May 2020 Moms

Hcg rising but not doubling

I got a very early positive at 3 weeks 3 days. Dr tested HCG at 3 weeks 5 days and HCG was 86 (last tues). At 4 weeks it was 169 (last week Thurs). I had some brown spotting with one steak of pink over the weekend and so my dr rechecked my HCG Monday. It was only 279 and she wants to recheck in two days. I had a very long miscarriage process from Feb-may so I was so excited for a rainbow baby but now I'm just sad. She says we should still be cautiously optimistic but I'm having a hard time. Anyone have encouragement for me??

Re: Hcg rising but not doubling

• Thank you so much. This made me cry. You're right, I am still pregnant today. I'm just trying to take it easy but I'm sure all the stress from worrying isn't helping. Thank you for your very kind reply, I definitely needed it. 💜 Good luck with your rainbow baby! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Awe, see, you are crying, that is a good sign you are pregnant too and your hormones are crazy!  We are both pregnant today and that makes today a good day.
  • @malomay I’ll second @pirateduck here... as I’ve had a loss previously, I understand how much anxiety goes with PGAL, but there’s nothing you can do at this point to change the outcome. Today you are pregnant. I spotted with my first until 14 weeks because I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and every so often it would move and then spotting. Hugs. There’s also a PGAL check in weekly that you are more than welcome to join with other moms who have experienced loss and can support you. 
  • Well said @pirateduck

@malomay good luck to you. FX this is your Rainbow ❤
  • Thank you 💜
  • @spashmountain I will definitely look for that group. 💕 Thank you all for your support!!
  • @malomay I second @mdfarmchick 's recommendation about joining us in the PGAL thread.  It's a wonderful group of ladies who have been there.  I also just posted a spotting/bleeding support thread for members to get support there if needed as well!  I hope it's nothing and everything checks out okay for you!  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll I joined the group, and saw your post about bleeding! In addition, I started with bright red bleeding tonight. So things really aren't looking good for me. I'm still getting my blood draw tomorrow but I'm trying to mourn now as I expect the worst news. Thank all of you ladies for your support. 😭💜
  • @maloma I'm really so sorry. I hope it's a false alarm. I'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @malomay from TB I know plenty of ladies who had an SCH during pregnancy. Some up close to the end! Hugs to you and I’m hoping all is well.
  • @malomay not all bleeding is bad.  Fingers crossed this is not the beginning of the end.  I know it's hard to be optimistic, prepare for the worst, hope for the best, we are here for you either way if you want to talk about it.  Please don't feel that you need to go through this alone.  I wish I had shared more things about my previous pregnancy (good and bad) with more people.  I found when I actually opened up my friends and family were sooooo supportive, even when they didn't know what to do or what to say, I knew they were there for me.
  • @malomay I'm sorry you're bleeding, I know how stressful that can be, but I also know it can be normal. FX for good news
  • @malomay any updates on your blood draw today? Praying for good news! 
  • @malomay praying everything is okay! Not soaking a pad is a good sign. 
  • @malomay bleeding stopped and pad not soaked, that sounds good like good news to me. Try and enjoy your day tomorrow, I know it will be rough. 
  • @malomay thinking of you 🤗 I am also waiting on test results to show any progress in my low HcG level, and was put on progesterone. You aren’t alone babe, I feel your worry and am sending you those creepy internet ((hugs))!
  • @malomay I’m glad it is rising and you got a prescription for progesterone. I hope everything calms down for you. <3
  • @malomay that’s great about the rise. Glad you got the progesterone and your doc was quick to act. Sending good vibes your way.
  • @malomay yay for rising numbers! And I’m glad you got on progesterone, hopefully those numbers go well for you too ♥️
  • @malomay I am glad your numbers are still rising and your doctor is being proactive. Did they order another beta or an early ultrasound?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Great news @malomay! Spotting/bleeding is so scary. I hope the progesterone stops the spotting and your numbers keep climbing. ❤
  • @m6agua yes, betas on Friday. She is on call Saturday so she said she will get me my numbers then! She had already ordered an early US (7 weeks) when I first found out I was pregnant because I had a blighted ovum my last pregnancy and didn't find out until 10.5 weeks at my first US with that pregnancy. I'm so afraid we are going to have that again but odds are low that will happen again, right?!! I had my daughter with us then and I *think* we are going to take her again. But this time instead of saying we have a baby we are going tell her we're going to see IF there is a baby and hope I can conceal my emotions if there isnt. But we'd really like her to see the baby if there is one!!! 
  • awe @malomay this sounds like a good plan with your daughter, just tell her that if there is a baby it is so super tiny that they need the special machine to see it!  I too had a blighted ovum and miscarried at about 9 weeks last time...  I just keep telling myself that statistically a BO is a fluke one time thing and a repeat is unlikely.  It makes me feel marginally more optimistic.  I remember being a kid and going with my mom to see an ultrasound of my soon to be born sister.  I didn't go with her to all appointments, but the memory stuck with me all these years, so it's definitely a good experience to share with your kids if possible.  When is your scan?
  • @malomay My first pregnancy was also a blighted ovum/missed mc, discovered at 10 weeks after some light brown spotting and was complete by 11 weeks. I think your plan for DD sounds good. FX for good results!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @pirateduck so sweet you remember your mom's ultrasound!! That's the kind of experience we are hoping for my daughter. I'm sorry you too had a Blighted Ovum! How far along are you now? My scan is Sept 25th (two weeks from yesterday). I'll be a day shy of 7 weeks. I wanted to do it closer to 7 weeks to give us a better chance at seeing a heartbeat and such!
  • @malomay I have a scan on September 17.  I will be just 6+2 I think.  I also wanted to schedule a few days later to be close to 7 weeks, but this was the best appointment time of those available.
  • @pirateduck yay! Only 5 days away!! Let me know how it goes!!
  • malomaymalomay member
    edited October 2019
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Well ladies, thought I would post an update. At my first ultrasound (6+6) they found a baby with a heartbeat. It was measuring 5 days behind and heart rate was borderline low at 97 but my Dr was optimistic. Then at 8+1 I saw my Dr in clinic and she did an ultrasound for me. Unfortunately the baby had passed. Likely just after the previous ultrasound because baby was still measuring 6+1 and there was no heartbeat 💔. Since this is my 2nd loss in a row my Dr says she is going to do a bunch of testing to hopefully see what's going on. I hope all of you ladies and your babes are doing well and that you go on to have healthy pregnancies. 💜
  • @malomay I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.  Please take care of yourself.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @malomay I'm really really sorry to ask this right now, but would you mind editing your thread title to include a "(TW-confirmed loss)" to protect any loss ladies who may be triggered?  It looks like you posted it exactly a month ago, so hopefully it lets you edit the title.  If not, you could just put one in before today's post.  Again, I'm so so so deeply sorry.  :heartbreak:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @malomay I'm sorry you are going through this.  I hope your doctor can find some answers for you.   <3
  • @malomay I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some answers soon so you have a rainbow baby. ♥️
  • malomaymalomay member
    edited October 2019
    @shamrocandroll done... Sorry!
    Thank all you ladies. Best of luck to you.💙
  • @malomay No need to be sorry!  I just like to err on the side of caution when it comes to triggers.  I hope you take some time to be kind to yourself, and you get some answers soon.  Please take care of yourself.  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @malomay I'm sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019