Cloth Diapering

Pocket diaper too stuffed??

I hope this doesnt sound silly but...
LO is finally able to fit into his CD at 3.5months and 15lbs (he has super skinny thighs lol). Anyways i have been stuffing the pocket diapers with a yellow edge GD prefold and it seems like the perfect fit in terms of absorbency but seems like maybe its too stuffed between his legs- is that even a thing? Should i try something else?

Re: Pocket diaper too stuffed??

• @justharrison try pulling the diaper in more. It should be in the crease of his thigh like underwear.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! Are they supposed to leave deep indents around his legs? 
  • @justharrison , I am not an expert, but we are doing cloth diapering with our daughter and I, too, was worried about the indents the elastic caused. Because our daughter has super skinny little legs, we haven't been using the pocket yet, we are actually using oversized inserts, instead, to help fill in the gaps in the leg holes and around her waist. We fold the excess length down in the back (back for girls, front for boys) and leave just enough to stick out past the elastic of the waste line front and back. Unfortunately, though, this often leads to heavy pees wicking out to the onesie (or beyond). I haven't found a perfect solution to the little legs issue, but if you are really concerned about the elastic pinching around the legs and you don't mind frequent onesie changes, you could do what we do and don't pocket fill, just use the oversized inserts and pull them out past the elastic parts.
  • @justharrison sorry for the late response. The indentations are fine as long as the are like sock marks, go away in 15 or so minutes and don't cause bruising.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Thank you! We quit for awhile but am back to trying due to son cant use disposables anymore (corn allergy). I bought and made covers instead of pockets so im going to see if this works any better