Trouble TTC

TTTC Check-In: 9/09/2019

Hi all! Wishing @hithertorue a happy vacation and short tech break. I'm posting this a bit early since my Mondays are crazy! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: If you could time travel, what era would you visit and why?
Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI Rx: IUI 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@b_1029 - Dx: unexplained Rx: Letrozole, trigger, TI.

@ceauth - Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: Letrozole, OPKs, IUI, Progesterone.

FRIENDS REJOINING US AND NEWCOMERS:

To be added to our weekly roll call, please provide the following:

1.  Briefly introduce yourself (or reintroduce yourself), if you didn't post a separate introduction post.

2.  What is your diagnosis? (Dx)

3.  What is your treatment plan? (Rx)

Re: TTTC Check-In: 9/09/2019

• I’m never first over here! This is weird!! 

QOTW- the 1920’s-30’s. I have a weird fascination with everything starting to come about. Plus, it would be so cool to be there for when women got the right to vote!

R/R- I’m still mentally struggling and need to just chill! I sort of got DH to say he’s fine with moving to an IUI next cycle but he seemed very eh about it. I’ll bring it up again once I get AF since we have up till the day of my monitoring appt to decide. We have a couples shower to go to this weekend for his sister, which should be fun especially since his other sister will be in town! I’m doing this challenge with my one SIL so I won’t be drinking, and I’m secretly hoping I get KU (I mean, obviously haha) so I can blame not drinking this month or the next on the challenge. 

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! 
  • hi friends!!

@b_1029 sorry you're still mentally struggling! hang in there. i hope you have a lovely time with your family! and the 20s-30s would be SO cool!

@hithertorue i hope your mini vacay and TWW are going well! to answer your question from last week, i am not doing OPK or BBT tracking, but maybe i should start. i just never bothered with it in the past because i never ovulated haha.

@nancinator i am SO happy for you!! 

@2dogsmom @inthewoods23 @sara_tory @chiblackhawkie @ceauth and everyone else, I hope you are doing well!

Hmmm...I'd probably want to see Christ walk on the earth and perform miracles. That would be amazing. 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? 
    Rants: One of my friends reached out to me about her friend who SWEARS by the keto diet. She attributes her getting pregnant to being on keto, and said her OBGYN told her that she had to be in ketosis in order to ovulate and get pregnant. Like, come on....maybe that worked for you but thats not going to be the magic answer to everyone with IF's prayers. I have another friend who has PCOS and she lost probably over 100 lbs and got pregnant and had a cute little boy earlier this year. She keeps reaching out to me and telling me that she wants to talk to me about the healthy eating changes that she made that enabled her to get pregnant when medicines and treatments didn't do anything. But, she won't just text me about it....she insists on talking over the phone and is very cryptic about her "healthy eating changes", so part of me is wondering if it is some MLM type scheme that she's going to try to get me to buy into. Either way, it is really frustrating to keep getting bombarded with people saying that medicine doesn't work and its all about what you eat.

Raves: DH and I are going to foster kittens for our local animal shelter and we get the kittens tomorrow! I am so excited!! We adopted a kitten last year, so he is about 1.5 years old now. We will get 4 foster kittens who will be around 2 months old so they will be so cute. Anytime I have a bad day, I am going to just go sit in our kitten room and let their cuteness solve all my problems hahaha.

AFM: just finishing up with AF and we are still taking a break. hopefully i can start eating a lot healthier this month before we leave for Scotland - i'm hoping to at least lose a few pounds. what works for you guys in terms of making yourself eat healthier or making new eating habits? i have such a bad relationship with food (i have a minor eating disorder) so it's really hard for me. 

married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 Sorry you're still feeling a bit down -- IF can be so hard mentally! I hope you have a great week and can get DH feeling fully with you for IUI next cycle. I'm glad you have a good challenge with your SIL going and it sounds like you'll have nice family distractions!

@knockupthestock sorry people all think they "know the answer" when it comes to IF -- it makes it so much harder when everyone is trying to tell you to do this and that with no real evidence. I've been told the same -- weight loss =s increased fertility. Maybe it would help, but I have a hard time believing it's the only factor -- my friend who is 100 pounds heavier than I am (and same height) got pregnant easily. I hope you can drop a few pounds for yourself over this break, and also find a way to de-stress about it!  For me, I found counting calories (in vs out) to be very helpful -- it gives me the freedom to eat what, but I budget for it calorie wise. For example today I REALLY wanted one of the chocolate chip cookies in the break room, so for dinner I'm doing more veggies and fewer carbs so I still meet my calorie goal for the day. I have some other strategies that have worked for me too, but I don't want to dump too much info on you. Also, please note I am definitely not pushing anything on you -- I hate when people push diet fads, but if you want more info or would like to get a fitbit and challenge me/have me cheer you on for steps I'd be happy to do that. Let me know :smiley:
      Kittens sounds like so much fun! Is the goal to have them all adopted out before you leave for Scotland? I love the idea of a kitten room!!

QOTW: I'd like to go to the 1880s! I'm very interested in the early days of the environmental movement, the founding of national parks and the sierra club, the concept of manifest destiny vs. conservationism etc., so I'd love to be there when some of these ideas first came to light (though I think @b_1029
     had a good answer with the 20s too). 

Rants/Raves: Broken dishwasher is a real pain -- I am so spoiled normally! Otherwise not much this week, just waiting for my follicle check on Friday. I am not feeling optimistic at all and wondering if we are just wasting time and should be going to IVF, but here we are.  Also still waiting to hear about hubby's possible new job, fingers crossed because we could really use this win! 

Hope everyone has a good week!

• @knockupthestock ugh, that all sounds annoying! I think for some people losing weight could be the key, but that doesn't work for everybody! We had even asked my RE if there was anything with our diets that needed to change based on our medical history and she said no. Yeah we drink soda, probably more than we should, but the amount of caffeine we're intaking by drinking it isn't detrimental to our success, especially when you compare that to how much caffeine is in coffee. If we drink coffee it's almost always decaf. There are just some causes of IF that you can NOT simply fix and I really wish more people would be understanding of that!

I would really love to see pics of your cute foster kittens! Can't get enough kitties  :)

@2dogsmom omg if our dishwasher was broken DH would lose his mind. In his family, EVERYTHING goes in the dishwasher. In my family, we always hand washed pots, pans, anything large or oddly shaped, and hand wash only items (yes that means DH's family puts things in the dishwasher that specifically say not to put in the dishwasher). Hope you get good news on YH's job prospect!

I like the idea of going back to the late 1800s to see what it was like when electricity was first used to light up the world or sometime in the 1940s-1960s when technology just started being a thing (or like, when household appliances and electronics became a thing). 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!
    My FET transfer was yesterday! The bad news is our best male embryo didn't do well after the thaw so they had to thaw the 2nd one. That one was in the process or had already hatched out of the shell (or zona is what it's actually called) so that was really promising to hear! Placement was perfect they said. I'm going to be really bummed if this doesn't work because we have no other boy embryos and I'd really like to have one of each.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Sorry I ghosted last week, work has been crazy and I feel like I haven’t had a break to think about anything else except the beginning of the school year. 

@b_1029 Sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling, my DH was not a huge fan of moving onto IUI either... glad to hear that you have a lot of other things going on to keep your mind off of it. GL with your challenge with your SIL! 

@knockupthestock I hope you get the raise soon, that is so frustrating! Also, I hope that you find the best way to make you feel good... even if it’s enjoying ice cream or eating broccoli, GL with whatever you decide. 

@inthewoods23 So glad to hear that your FET went well!! I hope that this one sticks for you, and you have a little bundle of joy in a few months!

@2dogsmom FX for hubby’s new job! Hope your follicle check goes well, too!

@hithertorue Hope you get some RR and have a great mini-vaca!!

QOTW I would love to travel to the Colonial Period. Some of my relatives came to America really early, and I would love to see what their lives were like when they arrived here. (I also loved @knockupthestock and would love to see Jesus’s miracles)

Rants/Raves 
    I had my first U/S on Monday, and we saw the heartbeat! The baby is measuring 6 mm and had a heart rate of 110, which is right on track! I’ve officially graduated from my RE, so I’ll be moving onto my OB on October 2nd. 

Best wishes to everyone on here, I will continue to lurk to see how everyone is doing! @inthewoods23 @hithertorue @2dogsmom @b_1029 @knockupthestock
  • @inthewoods23 FX that it works for you!! Sorry about your first one not doing well but sounds like the embryo they did transfer has lots of potential to stick! How invasive is the transfer process? Are you feeling side effects from it? 

@Ceauth I hear you on the first weeks back to school — they are insane! Also that sounds like great news! Congrats!! 
  • @2dogsmom it's basically the same as an IUI where they insert a catheter. The only difference is you're in the same room as the egg retrieval because it's connected to their embryology lab and they check that there's no embryo in the catheter. They also use US to find the right placement within the uterus. The whole process takes minutes!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @2dogsmom how was your follicle check today?

@inthewoods23 yay for a good FET! FX for you and the little embryo. 

@Ceauth woohoo! im stoked for you. :)

In case any of y'all wanted to see our foster kittens....

married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @knockupthestock *squeeeee* those kittens are so cute! How will you ever give them back?! That’s annoying about the diet “advice” from your friend. You’re right, what works for some won’t work for all. I still feel like as long as you eat generally healthy that’s all you can do but there isn’t one diet or another that’s the answer. In terms of your question- diet/ food is something I struggle with too. I think all my years of swimming have made me categorize foods into good and bad, and if I eat something “bad” I really beat myself up about it. I’ve been trying to focus more on eating healthy foods and not freaking out if I have an unhealthy meal or something, but I’ve found I can’t put my food into a tracking app or I obsess over it too much. 

@2dogsmom ahhh not the dishwasher! We would be lost without ours- that’s pretty much DH’s only regular task. How’d your follie check go today? I hope you hear good news soon about Yh’s job!

@inthewoods23 so sorry to hear about your one embryo but I’m glad the transfer went well!

@Ceauth wow that’s so awesome!

AFM I am on CD 1 and mopey as hell. But I got things done- called to see if they are going to increase my letrozole dosage (they are) so I can start that Sunday, and scheduled my next monitoring appt for the 23rd. I think DH is fully on board with the IUI and luckily he won’t be crazy busy that week because his manager is a maniac who thinks he can’t possibly have anything to do outside the office yet she leaves at 3:30...
  • @knockupthestock OMG sooo cute!! I love kittens!! 

@inthewoods23 that’s good to hear. I really appreciate hearing more about IVF since I haven’t been successful with IUI yet and that will be our next option. 

@b_1029 sorry about being on CD 1– never fun, but glad they are adjusting your meds and hubby is on board for IUI. 

My follicle check was fine today — 1.9 which is a good size, but my lining isn’t as think as they want to see for ideal implantation so we will see if it works. We are going to wait and trigger Sunday with IUI Tuesday in hopes that a few more days will let my follicle get a bit bigger and the lining thicker.  I know a lot of people on here have more than one follicle in a cycle but I always seem to have just one. So hopefully it’s a good one and it this is the month that works!