GTKY: What state do you live in?
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Group 2 (May 9-16) Check-In: w/o 9/2

• EDD: May 15

Pink/blue/green: Team finding out. I would be open to not finding out, but DH will never go for that.

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: September 24, to go over my thyroid issues and discuss early GD tests

How are you feeling? I'm feeling great actually! My body loves progesterone.

Raves/Rants: Short work week! Today is a 3 day week for me, I was off yesterday.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What state do you live in? Wisconsin
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I would also be open to being team green but my H is adamant against it so... finding out it is lol.

EDD: 5/14

Pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Chia seed 

Upcoming appointments: Just beta's right now, waiting on results

How are you feeling? Okay so far. Just peeing all the time, so hungry, and tired. Waiting for the sickness.

Raves/Rants: I did not bring enough food with me to work lol. 

Questions: None yet

GTKY: What state do you live in? Virginia!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD:  May 9th

Pink/blue/green: will find out early as possible. I’d like to purge old clothes from DS if it’s a girl. 

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed 

Upcoming appointments: TBD, OB scheduler has to call me back... they said would be at 8-13 weeks! 

How are you feeling? Pretty good except fatigue, but not sure if that’s my usual

Raves/Rants: I’m so tired all the time. That is all haha. 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: What state do you live in? Philadelphia PA
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • EDD:  May 11

Pink/blue/green:  Will be finding out

Upcoming appointments: Sept. 23rd

How are you feeling? Nauseous, exhausted, and breasts are tender.

Raves/Rants: none

Questions: none

GTKY: What state do you live in? Arizona
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • @rnstudentbsn 8-13 weeks for a first appointment is pretty normal. My OB's office starts at 10 weeks. With my last pregnancy I wasn't able to get in until 12 weeks for my first appointment. I get not wanting to wait though. I also want to find out sex asap to purge DD clothes if I can. I have a niece who is 1 year younger in the same season so I plan to give them the clothes if I am having a boy.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @rachelG777 I have the opposite issue, I brought too much.  :D My hands were full walking in. Although I have a Chiropractic appointment right after so I'm glad I have some snacks.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• EDD: May 12th

Pink/blue/green: will be finding out 

Upcoming appointments: Sept 30 for confirmation of pregnancy. I switched practices and this one does the first appt later (but still earlier than some, I know!), so it feels like forever. 

How are you feeling? Good. I didn’t feel too sick last time and that seems to be the case this time, so far, but I did feel exhausted/achy. So just waiting for the exhaustion to hit. 

Raves/Rants: short work week! And chipotle chicken Mac and cheese for dinner tonight - yum. 

Questions: How long are you all waiting to tell family or friends? We waited a long time last time - not sure I can hold out as long this time. 

GTKY: What state do you live in? DC right now. Hopefully MD soon. 
  • EDD: May 15th

Pink/blue/green: we find out sex because picking names is hard

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed (almost)

Upcoming appointments: none scheduled yet

How are you feeling? Anxious, had a late miscarriage in April.  I have two living children,  all 3 were girls.  Praying for a healthy baby and praying I will be accepted into a new OB office that delivers at a different hospital than where I delivered my Angel.

Raves/Rants: faint lines on pregnancy tests suck

Questions: 

GTKY: What state do you live in? Florida
  • EDD: 5/14

Pink/blue/green: we will definitely find out. We did not last time and I would never do that again. 

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: Sunday I have my screening appointment because the last nugget was IUGR. We will see. I would like more appointments but not if it’s because of something g bad. 

How are you feeling? All my belly fat is bloated AF. If I put on my pregnancy clothes I look pregnant. Oh well. I can lose the fat after this one I suppose. 

Raves/Rants: just happy to be having another one. Hoping the nausea doesn’t hit me this time around. 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: What state do you live in? CA
  • @linsbins I'm curious to know why you would never not find out again? We are also not team green, but everyone I've very talked to who was seemed to have loved it. Would love to hear your opinion!
  • EDD: May 12

Pink/blue/green: We will find out. I used to be team green, but now that’s it’s happened I need to know. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: Waiting for midwives to call me back to schedule first prenatal. Have a back up appt. Sept 11th with family doc though in case they are too long of a wait. 

How are you feeling?Mostly good. Bit of Nausea, but totally manageable so far. Boobs just started getting heavy and sore.   

Raves/Rants: None yet! 

Questions: I will have many on the way...nothing yet. Happy to have some people to go through this with! 

GTKY: What state do you live in? Ontario Canada 
  • EDD: May 11

Pink/blue/green: We will be finding out. I’m way too much of a planner and shopper to not know.

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: I have to call around today and see what I need to do. I don’t have a doctor right now and there’s typically a 2+yr wait list for one where I live. 

How are you feeling? Just very tired!

Raves/Rants: Nothing yet!

Questions: None yet but I’ll have a lot soon

GTKY: What state do you live in? BC, Canada
  • @Linsbins I'm also curious to know why you didn't like being Team Green.

EDD: May 14th

Pink/blue/green: Green? Maybe? We'll see...

Baby is the size of a(n): cupcake sprinkle

Upcoming appointments: US on 9/23

How are you feeling? Tired and bloated. The usual.

Raves/Rants: My house is a mess and I'm going to spend way too much time cleaning in it when I really want to take a nap.

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: What state do you live in? Sunny CA
  • EDD: May 11th

Pink/blue/green: finding out as soon as possible :smile:

Baby is the size of a(n): round sprinkle

Upcoming appointments: first appointment is 9/17 but I believe it's just an office visit not US

How are you feeling? pretty good for the most part.  I have a little nausea in the mornings and afternoons but nothing too bad yet.  I'm also feeling really bruised today.  At first I thought my bra and pants were just too tight hurting, but it's actually like all of my skin is one big bruise and so anything touching it hurts.

Raves/Rants: My husband is working on making a backyard playground area for DD this weekend to put her swingset, play house etc so he doesn't have to move them every time he mows.  I'm excited imagining next summer when I can sit outside with baby and watch her play :smile:

Questions: Nothing yet

GTKY: What state do you live in? Illinois
  • EDD: May 13

Pink/blue/green: Definitely finding out. We were really happy finding out with DD, so we're planning to do that again.

Baby is the size of a(n): I'm not even sure, since I literally found out this morning and haven't looked at an app yet! Lol

Upcoming appointments: None scheduled yet. I'm going in today for my first beta draw, and if everything looks good after round 2 I will have a phone appointment probably next week. First ultrasound will probably be at the end of this month.

How are you feeling? It varies. The thing that tipped me off that I was pregnant was a constant stretching/full feeling in my lower abdomen, combined with some round ligament-like cramping, boob soreness, and waves of nausea on and off throughout the day. This morning I felt super nauseous while sitting at my desk during my prep period, but as soon as students started coming in I was able to distract myself, which made me feel better.

Raves/Rants: Nothing really, I'm just really happy to be pregnant and trying to appreciate the symptoms as reassurance before they get too annoying.

Questions: None

GTKY: What state do you live in? California! @Linsbins and @ruby696 where are you? I work in San Jose but live in the Santa Cruz mountains.
  • pilotwife6pilotwife6 member
    edited September 2019
    EDD: May 10

Pink/blue/green: we will find out! We found out with DD and I was glad that we did. 

Upcoming appointments: nurse phone call on Friday the 13th since I’m a STM they said I didn’t need to come in. I’m grateful to not have to wrangle a two year old quite yet. First ultrasound scheduled October 3. 

How are you feeling? Energy is gone and lots of heaviness in my uterus. Last time I was sick around 6 weeks so I’m expecting that to start at some point. 

Raves/Rants: none yet 

GTKY: What state do you live in? Michigan! 
  • @linsbins I'm curious to know why you would never not find out again? We are also not team green, but everyone I've very talked to who was seemed to have loved it. Would love to hear your opinion!
    I didn’t feel like I bonded with baby and I ended up having a very hard time with her first six weeks so it would have been helpful. We were both kept a week after birth due to complications. I’m also not a baby person in general so I really needed that extra bond. Dh loved it though and would do it again. I told him no more children until it’s my way. Plus with a second I have a ton of girl clothes and I would rather organize them while KU than with a newborn. 

Hey CA ladies!!! Not sure I want to say where just yet. Creepers be lurkin. 
  • Linsbins said:

Fair enough!
  • soprano19 said:
    Linsbins said:

Fair enough!
    But hey! Glad to see another teacher in the house!
  • @Linsbins That's a good point about bonding. It's definitely something to think about...
  • Linsbins said:
    soprano19 said:
    Linsbins said:

Fair enough!
    But hey! Glad to see another teacher in the house!
    Yeah! What do you teach? I’m freaking exhausted by the end of the day after being “on” all day.
  • @soprano19 I teach kindergarten. They are a hot mess. I only have three that went to preschool so they don’t know anything, and I have three that run away. Two just aren’t used to someone telling them what to do, and one is undiagnosed but mom and principal suspect autism (suggested by the doctor, mom was shocked when I suggested she do the testing). Luckily I’m not too tired at work yet but we are an open concept classroom so my aide and the next door teacher can see me all day. I don’t know what I’m going to do when morning sickness kicks in. Last pregnancy it was from 6+1 until the day I delivered. What do you teach? I taught 4th last year and it was so much more sitting and resting and I enjoyed that, haha. 

@ruby696 I just think then I would have been able to imagine this little person instead if feeling detached. Probably not for everyone I guess. 
  • @Linsbins I teach high school music, so I spend a lot of evenings and weekends at school. Right now it’s marching band season, so I’m really teaching 6 days a week. It’s a ton of work and often feels more like running a business than teaching, but at the same time, I don’t know how you teachers of younger grades do it. I definitely don’t have the patience required to teach kinders.