July 2019 Moms

All week postpartum checkin September 2019

LO's birthdate: 

Boy or Girl?

How are you doing? 

What has been most challenging? 

What do you feel good about? 

Questions? 

GTKY: Have you done anything fun with your LO in-tow this summer? 

Re: All week postpartum checkin September 2019

• Hi @mamanbebe !

LO's birthdate: 6/29

Boy or Girl? Boy

How are you doing? I think we are doing well. He’s incredible. 

What has been most challenging? Breastfeeding-for my lack of supply. Once I finally stopped trying to increase my supply and just accepted I can breastfeed and supplement and he’s healthy I’m better. 

What do you feel good about? Happy that he goes to bed awake and falls asleep by himself. 

Questions? Anyone else’s LO hate pooping. I feel bad but I laugh watching him work it out. 

GTKY: Have you done anything fun with your LO in-tow this summer?  We haven’t done too much but this week I’ve finally got carrying him in the ergo down. 
  • Hello to both of you! Breastfeeding is such a challenge, but I'm happy you're doing what you can and happy with whatever the outcome!

LO's birthdate:  7/8

Boy or Girl? Boy

How are you doing? Feeling pretty good; Still feel like i may be ruined from all the stitches/ tearing (16 stitches)

What has been most challenging? Came back to work this week, and I struggled HARD the first 2 days. Getting better already though

What do you feel good about? I feel good that my baby is a big boy... 99th percentile & breastfed. 

Questions? Anyone else feel less attached to subsequent kids than they did the first? I don't feel like I give him near as much attention bc I'm spending time with my 2 YO girl as well. The mom guilt is so incredibly real. 

GTKY: Have you done anything fun with your LO in-tow this summer? All the things! We do not let it slow us down. We went on a day trip to Port Clinton, OH. Many shopping trips with both my littles. Lots of runs in the double stroller. They get to see a lot!
  • Loading the player...
  • @blackhottamales Hi! I'm glad you all are doing so well and that's amazing that he is able to fall asleep on his own :) I'm having a very similar experience with breastfeeding and supplementing and am now just settling in for the long haul of keeping this up in the least stressful way possible. I can relate to the poop woes though, formula grunting for the win haha. 

@nagrom9319 I'm having the opposite experience with #2. I was totally stressed out with DS1 and had a hard time bonding with him but with DS2 I feel pretty relaxed and am enjoying the newborn phase a lot more. That's great you're on the move with your kiddos and enjoying your time together, I hope being back to work continues to get easier <3 

LO's birthdate: 7/13

Boy or Girl? Boy

How are you doing? Doing pretty well, LO has been keeping a relatively predictable night schedule and going down at a decent hour, so I've been getting some solo time with DH and about 6 hours of sleep per night. DS1 went back to school this week so trying to find a flow again. It's not too terrible, I just would like to work in some regular nap times for LO when I can. 

What has been most challenging? I think the physical recovery is still hard but also really trying to balance two kids. I'm able to get a fair amount done but I haven't had much quality time with DS1. 

What do you feel good about? Although breastfeeding has been challenging (between supply and tongue tie), I feel good that I've been able to keep it up this long w/ supplementation and am hopeful that I can continue for a while yet. 

Questions? Anyone else dealing with pelvic floor issues? 

GTKY: Have you done anything fun with your LO in-tow this summer? We took a trip in the middle of August and that went ok. LO sleeps in the car pretty well, so we got out to do a few things as a family. Nights were hard but I appreciate getting out of the city and decompressing as a family before the school year started back up.