1st Trimester
Options

I’m 9 weeks and bleeding

I noticed some vaginal bleeding when I had a bowel movement yesterday .pink spotting mixed with white discharge after not a lot. I was fine all day and then I had some mild cramping overnight . I woke up this morning and there was some brown pinkish blood .a decent amount when I first got up and then nothing all day . Cramps are mild and no sharp pains . No brite red blood . I have my 1st ultrasound I’m 2 days . Should I be worried ? Should I go to the ER ? Anyone experience this and not have a miscarriage 

Re: I’m 9 weeks and bleeding

• Options
    Call your doctor.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree do not go to the ER for that minimal of bleeding.

If it were me, I would probably wait until my appointment in 2 days and bring it up at that time. If you are truly worried call or message your doctor and see what they say. Which will probably be that spotting/bleeding can be normal and they will take a look at the ultrasound in 2 days.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I noticed some vaginal bleeding when I had a bowel movement yesterday .pink spotting mixed with white discharge after not a lot. I was fine all day and then I had some mild cramping overnight . I woke up this morning and there was some brown pinkish blood .a decent amount when I first got up and then nothing all day . Cramps are mild and no sharp pains . No brite red blood . I have my 1st ultrasound I’m 2 days . Should I be worried ? Should I go to the ER ? Anyone experience this and not have a miscarriage 
    Dont go to the ER, unless told to do so by your obgyn............. they may do an ultrasound but more than likely tell you to see your own doctor, and/or diagnose you with a an unknown and make your anxieties worse.

If you are not filling a pad, it's not bright red, you should be fine.  If you strained on the BM, it's possible you irritated something.  If you recently had sex you may have irritated your cervix.

If you are very concerned call you OB's nurses line and talk to them.  They will give the best advice. 

You may bleed after your ultrasound, if internal.  Not uncommon.  
  • Options
    Damn this is the UTI girl? I told you to take your meds sister!! 
  • Options
    @meggyme I guess I better start reading OP names. I normally dont read the screen names. Another post and run. 
  • Options
    I agree that this person is unlikely to ever return, especially because she's using the First Tri board so much and has yet to realize that BMBs exist, but any time someone asks if they should go to the ER while pregnant, i feel like i need to respond.  Because that is a terrible idea unless the circumstances are particularly dire or it is directed by an OBGYN.  And someone else could easily search for "bleeding" and get this thread.

Anyone who is actually serious about joining a community here would know enough to know that BMBs are A Thing and are the better place to ask these kind of questions, since the Tri boards are largely dead.  
  • Options
    delujm0 Well, there are reasons to go to the ER with a threatened MC.  I did for my 5th MC.  But I already knew my previous beta numbers, I knew what the next beta draw number should be and where I should've been at. And when I walked in I told them I was there specifically for threatened MC and that I wanted a beta draw.  Now, they were extremely incompetent in dealing with my situation, but the updated HCG number (which dropped 500 instead of almost doubling) let me know what I needed to know, and allowed me to be able to know what medications I should or should not be taking based upon my situation.

But yeah, OP is a hypochondriac with DD posts who has NO clue that this is a community...