1st Trimester

Trying to be hopeful after chemical pregnancies

edited September 2019 in 1st Trimester
Hello all. I am new here looking for advice on my new pregnancy. This year has been difficult- I had two chemical pregnancies (one in March and one end of June/early July) after successful pregnancy with my now 2.5 year old. Since then I have stopped breast feeding with the thought that my hormones were off. Now, I got a faint positive last week five days before my missed period. I had labs drawn 4 days prior to expected period (past Thursday). HCG was 25 and doc was ok with that due to how early it was and progesterone was 30.7. I am petrified of miscarrying again so I have been testing daily to ease my nerves (crazy I know). The lines have been getting darker and test line is starting to pull color from the control. I will be 5 weeks this Friday. Doctor doesn’t want to do labs until next week. I am wondering if anyone has any insight of likelihood of chemical after seeing tests progress like this. I am hoping to ease my nerves a little. Thank you in advance!

Re: Trying to be hopeful after chemical pregnancies

• I have been there and my advice to you is to not test before you are due for your period. Why torture yourself when this happens so often? 

As far as your chances this pregnancy, you can google it and you will see numbers. I am not posting them here out of respect for women who do not want to constantly think about their chances of MC or CP.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Loading the player...
  • OP every one is different and unfortunately there is no way to know what will happen.  I had two CP’s before my current pregnancy.  It took a LONG time for my tests to get dark, which was really scary, but I was having Betas drawn due to having a prior molar pregnancy, and my numbers were increasing really well. So my advice would be to stop using tests. They will drive you crazy and just make you worry more.    
  • Hello all. I am new here looking for advice on my new pregnancy. This year has been difficult- I had two chemical pregnancies (one in March and one end of June/early July) after successful pregnancy with my now 2.5 year old. Since then I have stopped breast feeding with the thought that my hormones were off. Now, I got a faint positive last week five days before my missed period. I had labs drawn 4 days prior to expected period (past Thursday). HCG was 25 and doc was ok with that due to how early it was and progesterone was 30.7. I am petrified of miscarrying again so I have been testing daily to ease my nerves (crazy I know). The lines have been getting darker and test line is starting to pull color from the control. I will be 5 weeks this Friday. Doctor doesn’t want to do labs until next week. I am wondering if anyone has any insight of likelihood of chemical after seeing tests progress like this. I am hoping to ease my nerves a little. Thank you in advance!
    I get constantly testing because I did it too but like a previous member said - stop testing. It will just drive you crazy. Your number was low but not scary low considering how early you are. Try to find something to distract you from testing - for me it was binge watching shows haha. Keep us posted.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker