2nd Trimester
Options

HG is ruining my life

Any other moms who are struggling/struggled with Hyperemesis? I am 15 weeks and it has lightened up but still won’t go away. I am at a complete loss..have tried every piece of advice, seen numerous doctors, gone to the hospital for fluids, begged for death etc. I’m starting to become severely depressed and am thinking horrible thoughts about my baby, which my husband and I planned and wanted and now I feel like I can’t go on with this pregnancy. I cry all day, can’t function at work and just wish the days away at this point. Feeling completely hopeless. 

Re: HG is ruining my life

• Options
    stff90 said:
    Any other moms who are struggling/struggled with Hyperemesis? I am 15 weeks and it has lightened up but still won’t go away. I am at a complete loss..have tried every piece of advice, seen numerous doctors, gone to the hospital for fluids, begged for death etc. I’m starting to become severely depressed and am thinking horrible thoughts about my baby, which my husband and I planned and wanted and now I feel like I can’t go on with this pregnancy. I cry all day, can’t function at work and just wish the days away at this point. Feeling completely hopeless. 
    I'm sorry you are going through this.  If you have not already, please be sure to talk about your feelings, thoughts, depression - this is very serious!  

I will be straight up and honest with you: I know a lady who went through this not once, but with both of her pregnancies.  The ONLY thing that alleviated it was delivery.  She was hospitalized a number if times, for days at a time in some instances.

Hang in there! Please talk to medical professionals about your mental wellbeing, not just your physical/baby well being. 
  • Options
    Ooh my heart breaks - I'm so sorry.
    I don't have experience with hyperemesis, but I do have experience with very dark thoughts & urges throughout pregnancy, and I at least wanted to let you know that you are not alone there & that there is absolutely hope. But, you do have to get through this very dark, difficult, sh*tty time...I'm so sorry. Please speak with someone about how you are feeling -- YOU are important <3
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020