2nd Trimester

Has a baby girl been mistaken for boy thru whole pregnancy?

emilyd563emilyd563 member
edited September 2019 in 2nd Trimester
I was told boy but I really want a girl just wondering wat u guys think

Re: Has a baby girl been mistaken for boy thru whole pregnancy?

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, it's happened, but it's pretty rare. No one is going to be able to tell better than a trained ultrasound technician. 

I ditto the pp who says you need to find some way to move past this and not project your feelings onto the baby. 
  • I can tell you that you are having a girl, but my statement means nothing as I am not a trained ultrasound tech.  My guess is 50/50, the professionals told you boy, so there it is. 
  • @kiki75 i have a couple of friends who are OBGYNs and those women have some STORIES.  People are terrible.  i mean we only see a sub-set of them on here.  Surprisingly, worse people do exist in the world, and OBGYNs have to be professional when dealing with them, which has got to be a struggle some days.
  • delujm0 said:
    @kiki75 i have a couple of friends who are OBGYNs and those women have some STORIES.  People are terrible.  i mean we only see a sub-set of them on here.  Surprisingly, worse people do exist in the world, and OBGYNs have to be professional when dealing with them, which has got to be a struggle some days.
    That is so sad that parents act like that :(  why procreate then if you know it's only a 50/50 chance of being "the sex I want!" I'm a secondary infertal momma and posts like this break my heart! :( 
  • @harpseal135 I’m in the same boat. According to her personal info that’s highly visible she’s really young. Not an excuse for her disappointment but she’s probably fortunate enough to have not experienced IF or loss and doesn’t realize that sex is trivial in comparison to a healthy take home baby. 
  • delujm0 said:
    @kiki75 i have a couple of friends who are OBGYNs and those women have some STORIES.  People are terrible.  i mean we only see a sub-set of them on here.  Surprisingly, worse people do exist in the world, and OBGYNs have to be professional when dealing with them, which has got to be a struggle some days.
    This reminded me of an acquaintance. They had three boys, and she really, really, really wanted a girl. Although they would have liked a big family, the doctors told her no more because she had had to have c sections with all of them, and no more than four c sections was allowed. So this was their last baby and her last hope for a girl. 

They went and had a big reveal party! I don't really get reveals in general, but whatever. But I can't imagine why you would do it when you would be upset at one of the options! 

It was another boy. Everyone knew she wanted a girl. She told a group of us about it, and I saw the video. When the confetti fell, there was this awkward pause because everyone knew she wanted a girl. She had to quickly start clapping and put on a smile. I just don't understand why she had a reveal when she had a 50/50 chance of being disappointed. At least in private she could have processed her feelings without needing to put a game face on. 
  • delujm0 said:
    And that's part of why I'd like to buy them a couple drinks. But you'd have to maintain just the right buzz to keep it on the funny jerk stories and not take that turn to the times that they got a jerk shortly after having to deliver terrible news to another family. I suppose I envy the naivety of people who just go to anatomy scans full of "we get to find out the gender today!" but dang people. Your kid peeing wrong is far from the worst news people have received in that room. 

delujm0 said:
    This reminded me of an acquaintance. They had three boys, and she really, really, really wanted a girl. Although they would have liked a big family, the doctors told her no more because she had had to have c sections with all of them, and no more than four c sections was allowed. So this was their last baby and her last hope for a girl. 

They went and had a big reveal party! I don't really get reveals in general, but whatever. But I can't imagine why you would do it when you would be upset at one of the options! 

It was another boy. Everyone knew she wanted a girl. She told a group of us about it, and I saw the video. When the confetti fell, there was this awkward pause because everyone knew she wanted a girl. She had to quickly start clapping and put on a smile. I just don't understand why she had a reveal when she had a 50/50 chance of being disappointed. At least in private she could have processed her feelings without needing to put a game face on. 

What on earth possessed them to have a reveal in that situation? My SIL had a reveal with their last. Same type of scenario. But she didn't save it as well and her disappointment was clear and then she was horrified to be disappointed and that's when she got actual tears. And then her family immediately jumped in about how her sister was going to HAVE to have the girl then. Like she was a big failure for having another boy. Or her sister would be if she didn't cook up a girl. It was awful. 

I also recently saw a post somewhere else about a couple with three boys already and they're going to start TTC hoping for a girl so she's asking for suggestions for girl names. It's a mess waiting to happen. :#

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18