April 2020 Moms

Plus-Size Mom Check-in Week of 8/26

amber2718amber2718 member
edited August 2019 in April 2020 Moms

Hi plus size mamas! Here's a place to check in and let us know how you're doing. Ask any questions. Express your worries. 

What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?

How are you feeling? What are your symptoms? Any anxiety?

Any doctor recommendations? 

What are you eating?

Are you adding or continuing any mild, physical activity in your daily routine? 

Anything else you want to mention?

Re: Plus-Size Mom Check-in Week of 8/26

• What is your estimated due date and how far along are you? 

4/23 and 5W 5D

I’m feeling great currently, at least compared to my last two. I have mild nausea, fatigue, and heartburn but mostly first trim hasn’t completely hit me yet.

I haven’t seen the OB yet, but when I had my IUD out the new doc at my practice seemed less than thrilled about this very plus size woman getting pregnant. I’m not switching practices at this point but I’m hoping not to deal with a ton of weight discrimination.

What are you eating? 

A rounded diet, trying to cut out more sugary stuff because I had GD with the last two, so I’m preparing for it again.

Honestly, nope. I have a migraine disorder exacerbated by exercise so I’m not doing anything that will trigger me when I can’t take my normal meds.

I recently bought a bunch of clothes at torrid which were mostly dresses and flowy tops. They all are a tad big, but instead of exchanging I figure they’ll get me through most of this pregnancy! 

• Hello! This would be me lol

What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?

Supposedly 5w6d, 4/28

Pretty good so far. Some heartburn, exhaustion, and a deep ache in my abdomen.

I'm a loss momma so that's always on my mind.

I haven't seen a doctor yet but I was at my family doctor last month and when we were talking about my trying to get pregnant he didn't say anything. I only gained 25 lbs with DS so I think I'm pretty good.

What are you eating?

My normal diet still for the moment (pretty healthy but with a treat here and there)

I'm doing a lot of walking with DS at the moment. We'll be stuck inside soon enough so trying to make the most of the good weather we can.

Nope! Just thrilled to be here.

Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?

4/22 and I’m 6 weeks, 5 days along

Physically I feel fine, just some mild symptoms and no nausea. Emotionally, I’ve been teetering between in shock/freaking out all week. I’m am already an anxious person. Now that I’m a FTM, plus size, and can’t see the doctor for 2 more weeks I’m trying my best to calm myself down. My mantra is “I’m pregnant”. It’s a reminder that I am in fact going to have a baby, and it helps ease my anxiety about a miscarriage or other complication because I am currently pregnant. 

None yet ☹️

What are you eating? 

My normal diet is already pretty close to what is recommended for pregnancy. I’m just cutting back on fish and replacing it with pork. A lot of chicken. I’m doing a breakfast smoothie, lunch side salad, and cooked veggies to make sure that I’m getting enough vegetables.

I plan on continuing my mild workouts and weekly Pilates— for as long as I can!

Anyone else gain 5+ pounds already? I’ve been pretty bloated so I want to attribute my weight gain to that. I’m just nervous that I’ll go into my prenatal appointment so heavy.

Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya I've actually lost a bit this time around due to my nausea but I think I gained about 5 lbs in my 1st trimester last time. Just try to remember to eat lots of protein and good fats to keep yourself full. My go to breakfast last time (and probably this time when I can actually eat) was a boiled egg and whole wheat English muffin with cream cheese. I work in a nursing home and that kept me full from breakfast at 6 am until morning break at 10
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022