Pregnant after IF
Options

Pregnancy Announcement After Infertility

Would anyone be willing to share what they posted on social media when announcing if it includes something related to infertility? We are a few weeks away from announcing and I would like to post something to bring awareness to infertility, but I can't quite figure out the best wording. 

Thanks in advance! (:

Re: Pregnancy Announcement After Infertility

• Options
    Hi @crookshanks10, I’ve been “writing” in my head what type of announcement we’ll be doing as we’ll definitely be including infertility in there. I’m planning on announcing on social media sometime next week or a little bit afterwards. I was really thinking of making it more of an “infertility announcement” and talking more about the journey that got us here and some little facts about how common infertility is, how to support someone, etc. There’s so much misunderstanding and still so much taboo with infertility, that I want to provide some little tid bits of education to people so they can hopefully understand this struggle a little bit better. Hopefully this is a little bit helpful; I can provide more input once I actually write it lol. 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday Yes I would love to see what you post! I did save all my needles so I think I plan to do one just a "normal" one and write something short about a long journey or 1 in 8 and then also do one with all my needles that goes more in depth. It's tough when the issue is so close to our hearts, we could probably write an entire book.. how do we summarize in a short post?! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't post.  I had an event where pictures showed a bump, and then I guess technically I mentioned that there was a little one in attendance, but I almost don't even count that since it was a rarely used anymore insta, that was it.  No FB etc.  Other people tagged me in baby shower pics.  No birth announcement, just about as low key as possible. :/. But it's also tough with MFI, and what the Church teaches about ART.  So since DH didn't feel it was appropriate, I just did the best I could not to make a big deal (and possibly cause more hurt) nor "celebrate the struggle," since DH was opposed.  No wrong way to handle it tho - just speak from the heart and share what you feel compelled to!  Congratulations again!!!
  • Options
    @BusinessWife That's very understandable! It's so important for partners to be on the same page when it comes to the amount of information they share with others. 
  • Options
    We've been very upfront with everyone about our struggle and our IVF journey...Male factor. We wanted to normalize it in our conversations with people. When we tell people about the pregnancy, the journey always comes up. We don't believe there should be a stigma surrounding it as it is very common, more so than people think. DH comes from a very old school catholic family. And after many discussions about it, all of them are very happy for us. No matter what it took. We announced on socials but we just started with "After a long journey and much help and support..." It was very well received and we have gotten so much support. And it opened up dialogue with people for different reasons. It has been a way to help people understand the path we took and help others who, quite frankly, we didn't even know were struggling. It allowed us to be an experienced point of contact, a shoulder to lean on, and an ambassador for ART. And we are so happy to help anyone in the same situation we were in.
  • Options
    @jolo1241 - wow! What an amazing response and outcomes that came from your announcement! I hope I receive a similar type of response of bringing awareness out there and support.