Working Moms

NEED ADVICE! We start work too early. Morning routine??

Me and hubby are expecting our first child. We carpool to work together at 520am. I can work a flexible schedule but if I start work after kids are off to daycare or school, I would have over a 3 hour commute everyday. But... it would allow me to be around for the morning routine. I would prefer my current schedule (leave at 520) but have no idea who would do the mornings with the baby (and teenager as they get older) and of course do feel bad for not being there. I think its a lose-lose. How do you ladies handle tgis when neither parent is available for the mornings?

Re: NEED ADVICE! We start work too early. Morning routine??

• Regardless of when you leave, who is caring for the baby during the day?
    Also, I hate to sound pessimistic or burst your bubble, but don’t expect a routine for AT LEAST a few weeks 😂
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited August 2019
    sallymass said:
    Me and hubby are expecting our first child. We carpool to work together at 520am. I can work a flexible schedule but if I start work after kids are off to daycare or school, I would have over a 3 hour commute everyday. But... it would allow me to be around for the morning routine. I would prefer my current schedule (leave at 520) but have no idea who would do the mornings with the baby (and teenager as they get older) and of course do feel bad for not being there. I think its a lose-lose. How do you ladies handle tgis when neither parent is available for the mornings?
    From easiest to hardest:

-Hire a babysitter for that hour or two. 
    -Hire a nanny.
    -Deal with a long commute. (Maybe you and your H can alternate days or weeks?)
    -Find an extended hours daycare (only will work before school age.)
    -One or both of you find a new job that's closer to home or has a different schedule. 
    -Move closer to work. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hire a nanny or leave the job