February 2020 Moms
Options

Facebook Group?

Would anyone be interested in moving over to a Facebook Feb 2020 Moms closed/private group? 

I did this with my first kiddo (dec '16) and found using facebook to be a much easier platform to navigate. And we still use it for toddler checkins!

Re: Facebook Group?

• Options
    Hi fellow December 16 mom here - but I think I'm in the other FB group :) I don't remember you from our BMB, did you change your screen name?

I think it's too early to move to FB. Last time we moved after births when we all knew each other. I've talked to a handful of women on this page but I don't feel like I know anyone yet.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leksiL must be a different group! Bc we moved while pregnant and did hump day bump day! And had labor buddies, did christmas gift exchanges, supported each other through losses etc. It was/is really great to have a group to turn to.

I dont feel like I know anyone here either but I have such a hard time keeping up with all the posts bc the app doesnt consistently work or notify me when I'm tagged in a comment. 

I'm happy to start it up and add people as they wish. 
  • Options
    mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited August 2019
    I am with @leksiL on this one. Maybe I will be open to a Facebook group closer to our due dates and once I know everyone better. Right now that's a hard no from me. 
  • Options
    @Mrstomommy1114 yea no. We were very selective with who we let into our FB group and it's an amazing group of women. I'm not joining a group where any Tom, Dick or Harry can be let in. I have pictures of my daughter on my FB page and need to keep her safe. Good luck with that.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    My May ‘14 BMB started a Facebook group the January before we were due and that was too early. It’d be better to wait. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input! Looks like most of you would be comfortable waiting a bit. Totally understood and will revisit this topic in a few months! 
  • Options
    I hear the too early thing, but I’m ready for FB whenever. I don’t find this forum very navigable/user friendly either and I like FB.
    I agree Facebook is easier (and I love my May 14 group - it’s still active!) but if you start one now there will be a lottttttt of weeding out. And probably drama. 
  • Options
    Definitely too early. My May 18 group waited until closer to the babies were due. 
  • Options
    Our O-18 group moved over in September right before/as the babies were born. I like FB soooo much better but it was nice to only allow people that everyone ‘knew’
  • Options
    I love my O16 group but we didn’t do Facebook til the end and knew each other well. I am so not ready for that here. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @Mrstomommy1114 I'm with you when you start it! :) Facebook is way easier/more convenient. This app kind of makes my eyes go crossed and I feel like I miss most posts. Sounds like most would rather wait until closer - maybe revisit in January? And people could start by announcing their births there? :)

To some of the repliers: totally get the stranger danger thing people were mentioning above, however if you're concerned about this: 1. Set your settings on posts to "friends only" (you don't have to be friends w the ppl in a fbk group. I belong to several global groups w thousands of ppl & I'm not fbk friends w any of them. They can only see your posts in the group) & 2. Don't post pics of your kiddos then. Personally, we post very few & it's set to "friends only". I will text friends or fam a pic if I want to share it, or use the Tiny Beans app. Any form of a social media platform can be dangerous! A fbk group like @Mrstomommy1114 is suggesting is more just for ongoing support/knowledge.
  • Options
    I don’t have Facebook so I’ll be sad when everyone leaves!
  • Options
    I would prefer Facebook only because I get no notifications for anything from this app except the daily pregnancy info. I have all notifications setup in my account, is there something I'm missing or am I not alone?  :/ I would love to connect more here but frankly I forget it exists.
  • Options
    When I first saw the title I thought “oh no” but I’m glad to see I’m not the only one hesitant to move to FB now. My BMB for my daughter moved during our birth month.
  • Options
    Everyone who has said it’s better to wait is saying it from experience. Being catfished, money being raised and stolen - plenty of people could share plenty of stories of why it’s better to wait. 
  • Options
    Although I do think Facebook would be easier for me to manage, I completely agree it's waaayy too early for that now. I would definitely be open to being in a group when we're nearing the end of our pregnancies though. I like the idea of electing admins and such. By that time we'll get to know each other more on here and know who we can feel comfortable enough with for that.
  • Options
    Yep even when we had our Facebook group started, we had some sketchy stuff happen. We’ve now got a good group and everything is fine. But yeah, I don’t want people knowing my name yet or seeing my face and my kid’s face. People can be super sketchy. 
  • Options
    I don’t know if it’s just me or my extra pregnancy anxiety, but this thread has made me super paranoid! Off to check my privacy settings on Facebook..... 
  • Options
    I'm ready for a Facebook group whenever anyone else is. My photos are friends only and good luck to the person who wants to stalk me, fair warning, you will be bored 😂

Feel free to message me to exchange fb 
  • Options
    I don't post or reply on here much because I get ZERO notifications on it and it's very frustrating to me to try and sift through all the posts to find things that I've commented on and check for responses. Im fine with a Facebook group whenever one is created, but I also understand that I likely won't be added due to my lack of activity on this frustrating format.
  • Options
    I also get zero notifications & feel like I'm wasting precious time finding the things I posted on too! Keep thinking I'll get used to it but nooppeeee
  • Options
    allthingsfetaallthingsfeta member
    edited August 2019
    I just want to echo a few others and say that I never get notifications about anything in this group so I am not a very frequent poster (other than my weekly check in with my group), so I wouldn't be surprised if no one knows my handle either. I really wish TB was more user-friendly and their App actually did notifications. 

(edited because apparently I can't spell today!)

Me: 35
    DH: 37
    DD: Dec 2013
    DS: Sept 2015
    #3: EDD 2/28/20
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited August 2019
    If you're not seeing notifications on mobile, try requesting the desktop site in a browser :). That's how I bump on mobile! I can see my notifications and go through everything that way. Hope that helps! 

*eta - I can't spell.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 I forgot that’s how I used to do it!!!!