FFFC 8/23

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: FFFC 8/23

• Options
    DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited August 2019
    I am being a crazy person about these NIPT results.  Background:  my NIPT results came back low risk, even for microdeletions, but for angelman’s it said risk unchanged.  It prompted excessive googling.  I found out risk unchanged is usually notated for people with lower fetal fraction. My fetal fraction should have been sufficient with a 9.8%, but they still notated risk unchanged.  They told me this, a genetic counselor told me this, but until they can tell me the threshold that they cut off for notating risk unchanged due to low fetal fraction I will not be able to calm down.  Everything online says 7%, so I think there should be an answer and my crazy won’t stop until I get one.  I have read studies, lab notes from different countries, everything trying to get answers and now am going to harass people at Natera.  I logically know that with a low risk result that my child’s risk is 10% of having angelman’s, but I just can’t go without knowing why they assessed it as risk unchanged.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn If a simple "I don't wanna go" doesn't work, I use everything I can to get out of having to leave my house. Pregnancy, my kids, fake colds, fake job interviews, etc etc. 
  • Options
    Another confession: I count my la Croix toward my daily water intake. Totally water!!!
  • Options
    @craftywitch I usually LOVE La Croix! But the flavors are just way too intense for me right now (thank you, pregnancy super-senses!) I've switched to the brand H2Oh for the time being. Definitely count it as part of my water intake too!
  • Options
    I let MH use my pregnancy as a excuse for getting out of helping his friend's friend move.  He's a big strong guy so they always call on him to help move the heavy things but it gets really annoying sometimes.  He didn't want to do it so I told him to tell them my wife is pregnant and she really needs me home this weekend.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    @craftywitch MH drinks tons of sparkling water too and always says they count towards his water intake! I’m like, you also need to drink REAL water too! But he is insistent! Lol
  • Options
    I’m so addicted to sparkling water, it’s at least half my daily intake! I did ask a nutritionist about it one time and they said there was no issue. 🙌🏻
  • Options
    @nhh11 MH is going to be thrilled to hear that!
  • Options
    My confession is I've been semi slacking on my workouts/walking. Doctor wants me to take 30 minute walks daily and I am definitely dragging my feet on wanting to do it. I hate feeling forced to do something. I used to be in the gym 5 days a week....I think I've been twice since getting pregnant 😬