1st Trimester
Options

Lack of typical pregnancy symptoms at 7 weeks

Hi all! I hope you guys can provide some insight. I am 7 weeks along and so far have only experienced acne, sore breasts and occasional fatigue. No sickness, no frequent urination, no cravings/aversions, no mood swings etc. 

I tested positive super early, about 8 days before my missed period (and have tested positive 3 days ago), so I feel like at this point my hormone levels should be causing me more symptoms. Could there be something wrong? My first ultrasound is in 2 weeks, but it keeps nagging at me. Thank you!

Re: Lack of typical pregnancy symptoms at 7 weeks

• Options
    daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
    edited August 2019
    Everyone woman is different. Every pregnancy is different. Be thankful you’re not barfing 24/7. Stop wishing to feel like shit. If the tests said pregnant, you’re pregnant right now. 

ETA- someone asked this exact question two posts down. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited August 2019
    Take a deep breath and try to relax.  A lack of intense symptoms doesn't mean ANYTHING.  It doesn't mean you're not pregnant; it doesn't mean anything at all except that your body is reacting to being pregnant better than some other bodies do.  Every pregnancy is different, just like every body is different.  Some women have different pregnancy experiences each time they have a baby. 

For me, I haven't had a lot of nausea-related symptoms.  Lack of period (ha!), incredibly sore breasts, acne out of nowhere (annoying), food cravings/aversions, and wicked exhaustion were my main symptoms up until the 9th week, and then I started having major headaches and mild nausea and constipation.  

Someone on here once said that if you go through an entire winter and don't catch a cold, you don't complain about it or think something is wrong with you.  Just like with pregnancy, you might go the entire time without any morning sickness, but that doesn't mean something is wrong with your pregnancy... just that you're one of the lucky ones who isn't sick as a dog.

Breathe, relax, and enjoy this time. :) 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your kind words of wisdom  :)
  • Options
    Could there be something wrong? Sure. There could always be something wrong even with all the symptoms in the world. Is there something wrong? Probably not. 

If I were in your position, I'd be thanking God in my prayers every night and asking Him to let it continue. (Not sarcasm.)