Trouble TTC

TTTC Check-in: 08/11/2019

Hello everyone! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

Posting this a bit early as I know I won't have too much time tomorrow and we wanted to test out "cleaning up" the roll call this week. Still open for suggestions and comments. If it's upsetting to anyone, just say the word and we can go back to the full list no problem at all. 

QOTW: Tell us about a favourite memory! (Could be childhood or something recent)
New: Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: IVF

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI Rx: IUI 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI

@littleredm - Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@b_1029 - Dx: unexplained Rx: Letrozole, trigger, TI.

@ceauth - Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: Letrozole, OPKs, IUI, Progesterone.

FRIENDS REJOINING US AND NEWCOMERS:

To be added to our weekly roll call, please provide the following:

1.  Briefly introduce yourself (or reintroduce yourself), if you didn't post a separate introduction post.

2.  What is your diagnosis? (Dx)

3.  What is your treatment plan? (Rx)

Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022

Re: TTTC Check-in: 08/11/2019

• QOTW: My favorite memory is my wedding day. We had a beautiful wedding on a farm and the weather was perfect!

Rants: This week is back to school for teachers at my school, and I have to go back to work on Wednesday!! :/  Summer goes way too fast! 
    Raves: DH and I had a great time camping this past weekend. We had great weather and spent lots of time bike riding and paddle boarding. It was a nice mini-vacation!

@hithertorue Hope your TWW is going well! FX for you this cycle!

AFM
    My IUI last Thursday went really well and I have positive vibes this time around. I didn’t have too much cramping this time, which was good. My RE performed the IUI and I had the chance to talk to her about our future cycles, if needed. If this time doesn’t work, we will be going with the trigger shot for future IUIs. I’m hoping this TWW goes by quickly.
  • Hey there,

QOTW: Favourite memories... I have fun memories from our wedding too - we got drenched by rain in October (freezing) while taking photos outdoors between the ceremony and reception. We anticipated it and had a plan in place and time to get fixed up before reception and receiving line needed us. So when we got back to our hotel for the reception we had 20 minutes or so to dry off. I had 4 guys with hairdryers drying out the bottom of my dress and rubbing the sand and grit out of the tulle (turned out perfectly), and I had 3 girls with curling irons attack my hair after it had a chance to dry and reset my hair (ppl said they liked my hair after way better than before lol). Quick touch up of makeup and we were good to go.

So I was the center of this hub of activity and my brother in law asked if I needed anything and all I could think was just "whiskey on ice"! Lol.

Or another was when hubby and I had snuck off during the late night buffet to eat our "poutine" (so Canadian) by ourselves in the hallway!

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? 

Rants - haven't been able to turn off my brain the last bunch of days. Trying my damndest to not symptom spot but finding it difficult this cycle with all the positive factors in our favour this past one.

Rant on SS and TMI warning haha:
    Have had a bit of on and off cramping, some centrally over the weekend but a lot toward the sides so I think that's probably "free fluid" from those extra follicles that didn't ovulate dissolving/letting go perhaps... 

And, TMI, extremely swollen and very sore breasts. :s Like want to hold them walking down the street and want to wear a bra to bed sore... even my nightshirt touching them is ouch.

Have tried extra hydration, warm showers, using my hot beanie bag!! Nothing is touching the soreness factor. And DH is just itching bc they're up there hahaha!!! Omg! 

Raves- DH and I had an appointment today with our OB. She went over last cycle's results (not the Beta yet), just my reaction to new medication protocol and what we do next. We also had DH do a DNA fragmentation test a couple of weeks ago. His result came back extremely good, so his numbers have greatly approved with modifications to diet and supplements. His score meant excellent odds for his sperm to be successful with either natural or IUI. So if my egg supply/quality continues to be an issue with IUI we have pretty good chances for IVF. 

We got a little more info about IVF and funding. OB agreed that we should try one further IUI (#5) if this one is unsuccessful just to give the DHEA and Ubiquinol another month to work on egg quality/supply before an ER 

@inthewoods23 thanks for the details! We talked a bit about the difference in drugs with the OB today. I seems like a lot!! You seem to be coping really well with it. I guess because you're getting closer and closer to the goal! Hope you're still doing well with it! 

@nancinator Hope things are continuing to go well and your wait isn't proving to be torturous! 

@2dogsmom -- hope your appointment yesterday went well and you're ready to trigger and schedule your IUI this week!

@knockupthestock -- if you're checking in, thinking of you and hope you're doing well! 

@b_1029 -- hope your TWW is going well!

@Ceauth -- FX for your TWW, hope it goes quickly! Glad that you got a little check in with your RE too, always great to feel like you have a plan going forward!

Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all

@inthewoods23 wow read your post on last week’s and it sounds like it will be pretty intense leading up to the transfer. Do you have a date set for transfer yet or do you have to wait for AF and figure out timing?

And trying not to symptom spot is always hard, and it sounds like you have a lot. Sorry about the pain @hithertorue

@nancinator how is it going? Hope you get more info soon!

Thinking about everyone on the TWW. 

AFM — follicle check was very positive, 22mm but just one. But my lining looks better than it did last month so FX this is the one. IUI scheduled for tomorrow. 

QOTW: that’s a hard one to pick just one. One of my absolute favorites is getting chased by an elephant while on safari in South Africa. We drove around a corner and there was a huge bull elephant coming at us. We didn’t have time to move out of the way or turn around so our guide had to drive in reverse at 20+mph for several minutes to get out of the way. 

Rant — I have been feeling like crap for some unknown reason. I can’t figure out why, hoping it isn’t meds. 

Rave — hubby has been awesome with my feeling like crap and has gone out of his way to make sure I am eating healthy food etc. 
  • @hithertorue love your wedding story <3 I really hope this cycle is the one for you!! Are you taking anything for the pain/soreness? You're allowed to have Tylenol extra strength during the TWW...

@Ceauth wow it's true, I can't believe summer is almost over and the school year is only several weeks away. Hope you're getting through the TWW alright and good to hear you're having positive vibes :relaxed:

AFM... I'm going in Thursday for bloodwork and my first ultrasound. the heartbeat usually isn't detected this week but they're looking for yolk sac and gestational sac. Also I got a call at the airport on Friday that my thyroid is slightly elevated. It needs to be 2.5 or under and mine was 3.06 so I've been put on Synthroid. Fingers crossed this scan on Thursday shows good news. 

Raves: I had a lovely weekend - my husband and I flew to LA for his cousin's birthday and it was so much fun. We stayed in a gorgeous hollywood home with 5 other people. i couldn't drink and since most there were family, we just admitted that I'm pregnant. It felt weird because I am sooo early on that I wouldn't normally say anything but they all know I like my champagne so it seemed harder to lie about it lol.  :sweat_smile: 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited August 2019
    @Ceauth sounds like a fun weekend! I’m glad your IUI went well, FX your TWW flies by and ends with the best result! 

@hithertorue wow your wedding day sounds very memorable! It’s always sweet when people come together like that. I’m really hoping your symptoms are good signs! So glad to hear YH’s numbers were great!

@2dogsmom ahhh I love elephants, you lived my dream (maybe not of being chased by one, but seeing one “in real life” and not in the zoo)! I hope your IUI goes well today, glad your lining is better this time around! 

@nancinator FX everything looks perfect tomorrow! 

AFM- sorry I missed the check in last week. I started to type a reply but things were crazy at home with more things needing to be repaired + work craziness + an out of town wedding over the weekend. I’m at the end of my TWW and not feeling hopeful. I was testing out the trigger shot but now the tests are just totally blank, plus I had some AF like cramps yesterday with a little blood. Supposed to get AF Friday-ish so we’ll see. It’s hitting me harder than other months, probably because I thought something magical would happen and I’d get pregnant on our first round of treatment. I am wondering if my RE will increase my letrozole dose at all because I only had 1 follie and she said she likes to see 2? 

Rants- as I mentioned above, it was a crazy week but not in a fun way. We’ve had to replace a lot of stuff in our house (about 100 years old) since we moved in 3 years ago and it continued on last week. I probably wouldn’t be as frazzled about it if infertility weren’t going on as well...every new thing that happens seems like a mountain instead of a molehill. 

Raves- we had a fun time at the wedding on Saturday even though we didn’t really know anyone. It was nice to finally get to spend some time with DH since last week we were both stressed and snippy with each other all week. 

QOTW (also just realized I’ve somehow always missed these- oops!): the first thing that comes to mind is our Montana vacation in May 2018! It was the most relaxing and beautiful vacation that DH and I have ever been on. The highlight of the trip was kayaking to an island and then hiking around for several hours! 

Edited for grammar 
  • @hithertorue Glad to hear that your DH numbers are up and you would make a good candidate for IVF, if it gets to that point. Loved your wedding story, it’s so nice to be surrounded by people who love you. 

@2dogsmom Hope your IUI went well today and the TWW goes by quickly for you!

@nancinator Hope everything goes well with your US tomorrow and your thyroid numbers go back down with the Synthroid.

@b_1029 Sounds like it’s been a crazy week for you! My thoughts are with you this week, I understand how easy it is to get down when you have AF symptoms. 

AFM I survived my first day back to work, but I am exhausted! I forgot how hard it is to get back into the groove of things. Also, found out that my health insurance coverage is going to change on September 1st. I’m freaking out that this might affect which doctors I can use and whether future treatments will be covered. I just hope that this cycle is the one that works and I’m freaking out over nothing. Sorry about my mini-rant, health insurance is just so frustrating!
  • hithertoruehithertorue member
    edited August 2019

@inthewoods23 - hope you're hanging in there with your injections etc!! Thinking of you and sending you some positive vibes!!

@nancinator -  thanks for the tylenol tip! I had totally forgotten that. Yesterday night I took it at bedtime and it gave me a good night sleep, so mega thanks!! That sounds like it was a fun weekend, and I think I might tell in that situation too, just hiding it would be so hard. Thinking of you for your scan/BW tomorrow!! Prayers for all great news! 

@2dogsmom - Wow your elephant story sounds super crazy. I bet that was really scary at the time! I hope your IUI went ok. I think I remember you had trouble with the catheter last time. Hope it was better this time around!! All it takes is one good egg! FX for you this cycle! Also hope you're feeling better soon. 

@b_1029 - Oh, I love thinking of good trips like that and imagining myself back in that mindframe etc... I always think of our honeymoon in Jamaica, the only tropical trip I've ever been on. It was heavenly. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bummed out with symptoms. I'll hold out hope for you anyway just in case!! Do you go in for bloodwork/beta testing? For me so far my OB didn't change my meds until she had seen 3 cycles. I had 3 follies, 1 follie, 4 follies when I was on the standard dose for 3 cycles... so you can see it can vary cycle to cycle without changing anything. FX for you!! Also hope you have no more house stress to deal with for a little bit just to give you and YH some breathing room!

@ceauth - no apologies required for rants. Especially rants about health insurance! It is such a pain, I think no matter where you live. I hope nothing changes for you!! Ugh! The unknown is just the worst. Hope work, even though it is exhausting, is a good distraction in the meantime.

AFM, been pretty distracted by SS still but at least some of the symptoms are dulling down. Pain is back down to a 2 now, thank goodness. Though of course I'm now kind of worried it means progesterone levels are starting to dip because it's going to be another negative this round... ugh. This TWW has been an especially hard one.

• On a side note, anyone read the book "The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F@#$"? 

It just seemed so IF fitting that I picked it up on the weekend!! Lol 

Probably going to be a CD1 start because I find being "introspective" in the TWW too tiring. I'm trying my damndest to not think too much! External focus only!!  :D
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited August 2019
    @Ceauth ugh health insurance is the worst (says the girl who literally works for a health insurance company)- I don’t understand much. I hope the switch doesn’t affect anything for you doctor/treatment wise! 

@hithertorue Jamaica sounds awesome! Our only tropical trip was our honeymoon and it was the best life! Thanks for holding out hope for me- someone has to, because I sure don’t! I don’t go back in for any bloodwork or anything, when I was leaving my ultrasound the RE just said to call her back in 2 weeks “with good news”. I’m wondering if that’ll change once we move to IUI. That’s so good to know follies can vary by cycle! I called the RE office asking about it because if I start AF when it’s predicted, I’ll have to start the letrozole Sunday. She said it’s up to me (?) if I take a higher dose this time but I got too nervous that I would end up having like 5 follies and they’d cancel the cycle. I’m glad your pain is getting better but I’m sorry this TWW has been so rough ❤️ 

Edited to add an update- got AF this morning. I called my RE to set up my ultrasound and I feel like it’ll be too late. Last time the ultrasound was on CD 11 and I had some ovulation pain that night, did the trigger the following night, then had bad pain a couple days later. I’m already feeling defeated because I’ll probably have already ovulated on CD 12 when they can get me in for an ultrasound since they don’t do appointments on the weekend. 
  • @2dogsmom the transfer is scheduled for 9/10. Idk if the date can move like an ER might (since that's based on your follicle growth). Only 25 days away! Hope your IUI went well this week!

@Ceauth hope this TWW is going by quickly for you. Sometimes it seems so long and other times goes so fast!

@hithertorue I hope IUI is all you need!

@b_1029 I think if you just explain your concerns with the ovulation pain you had they would be accommodating and bring you in a few days sooner for this round.

QOTW: Tell us about a favourite memory! (Could be childhood or something recent)
    One of my favorite memories is our honeymoon in Iceland. We traveled around the whole country. It was beautiful! It was also the first time DH and I had taken a real solo vacation together.

New: Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!
    Still bleeding from my hysteroscopy  I asked my doctor about my concerns of not knowing when AF arrives (due tomorrow since last BCP was Wednesday) and if the timeline for the FET could be affected. I'm supposed to call on Monday if it doesn't show. It sounds like it should just start getting heavier when it's due, and maybe I'll get the cramps to help indicate that it's AF and not just post surgery bleeding (which btw is light, I change my pantiliners a few times a day). So, baseline starts next week!

And we're having some friends over tonight so that should be fun!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I did express those concerns on the phone. They didn’t want me to come on CD 9 which would be that Friday since that would be too early, and they don’t do appointments Saturday or Sunday. I guess it doesn’t matter now and I was just being annoying yesterday because I didn’t end up getting full AF so I’m not counting it as CD 1. 
    Sorry to hear you’re still bleeding. Hopefully AF comes soon so you can stick with the original timeline. 
  • @b_1029 Sorry to hear about AF... I hope that your timing works out this cycle, that’s a pain that they won’t see you on weekends. 

@hithertorue That sounds like a good book, I may have to check it out! Glad to hear that your pain is much less, still have FX for you this cycle!

@inthewoods23 Hope that AF shows in time to keep your current timeline and you had fun with your friends the other night!

AFM Tonight is my Aunt and Uncle’s 50th Anniversary party, so I get to get dressed up to go to a fancy restaurant! It should be a lot of fun. I’m just struggling on whether or not to have a glass of wine (I’ve gone back and forth about how I feel about drinking during the TWW). Also, my family is very nosy and will all be asking me why I’m not drinking (only some people in my family know about my IF). I’ll probably be making a last minute decision tonight on what I do. 
  • @b_1029 sorry to hear AF arrived! Hope you get a call back on Monday that confirms they've got you scheduled appropriately for your cycle. I'm sure they wouldn't want to schedule you with a risk of missing ovulation, especially since you're on the letrozole!!  

@Ceauth hope you're doing well and enjoyed the party tonight with/without the glass of wine. I've slowly nursed a glass of wine at parties on the TWW before if I was trying to avoid the questions. My trick is usually to get a white with ice. And then top up with ice if you can without raising eyebrows.

@inthewoods23 sorry to hear about the extended bleeding since your surgery. That's a hassle you probably could have done without. Hope that AF arrived for you so you can stay on your current schedule.

Ps Iceland is supposed to be amazing. Nothing better than that honeymoon feeling too, and just being away from reality on a trip together. :smile: